U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-29-2010, 02:30 PM
 
Location: John & Ken-ville
13,692 posts, read 15,120,333 times
Reputation: 9492

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelaldo View Post
Quite possibly the most vile dish alive.
yeah it ain't for the unadventurous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-29-2010, 02:48 PM
 
Location: San Diego
32,801 posts, read 30,052,880 times
Reputation: 17694
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i got the link on this----- 57% are from mexico but 24% are from "other latin countries" and coming in from mexico so total 81% coming in from mexico inc 24% citizens of bordering countries.
Illegal immigration to the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
the OP appears to imply that mexico is merely one player in the illegal immigration problem, not so, the fact that 24% of those crossing reside in mexico but are not citizens is a mute point. illegal immigration is 81% a mexican issue.
nice try but no cigar.
I don't care if they are real Aliens like ET If they come in from Mexico it needs a lid on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2010, 09:58 PM
 
317 posts, read 343,861 times
Reputation: 105
According to Glenn Beck it's closer to 115%
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2010, 10:40 PM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,093 posts, read 69,904,378 times
Reputation: 27519
Any number is a guess..you think the illegals will come forward to be counted ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2010, 08:29 AM
 
Location: southern california
55,237 posts, read 72,427,088 times
Reputation: 47455
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Any number is a guess..you think the illegals will come forward to be counted ?
no but the assertions of advocates for defying our law
give very low estimates like 12 million, nonsense its 20 million.
and that is just since last amnesty. thanks alot bush.
when the law breaks the law there is no law. (billy jack)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2010, 12:00 PM
 
31,385 posts, read 31,062,067 times
Reputation: 14878
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post

Perhaps neither you, nor I, hear much about these 'non-Mexican' illegals because they stay 'under the radar'.
Having lived and worked in South Florida I am more than aware of the other illegal aliens, particularly, Haitians, Hondurans and El Salvadorians (funny, illegal Cubans aren't illegal despite the swelling Florida's prison population). Having lived and worked across the northeast corridor, I also know about illegal Chinese, and Koreans who work in filthy sweat shops and massage parlors. I guess that's ok as long as they just keep quiet about it like good little subservient semi-slaves should.


Quote:
No loud street demonstrations....no 'national flags' flown over the US flag...no allegations that these non-Mexicans have some sort of moral or hereditary right to be here....
There seems to be an assumption that immigration rallies were populated by illegal aliens despite the fact that 30.7 million citizens of "Mexican" descent many of whom live in the very same areas that they lived long before any anglos even thought of settling!

I mean, how dare these citizens of Mexican descent claim heritage to places like El Paso, San Antonio, Los Angeles, San Jose, Mesa, Corpus Cristi, San Mateo, Santa Barbara, Santa Monica, the f'in nerve!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2010, 02:15 PM
 
Location: Chicagoland
41,314 posts, read 38,484,167 times
Reputation: 7106
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
But I never seem to read about the other 50%, among which are about 1.5 million Asians.
Wrong. Try 80%.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2010, 02:23 PM
 
10,543 posts, read 11,683,851 times
Reputation: 2797
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
But I never seem to read about the other 50%, among which are about 1.5 million Asians.
I don't know how many are from Mexico, Central America, Dominican Republic, Asia, Ireland etc. I do know that the ones that seem to think they have a right to demand that we not enforce our laws seem to come from Mexico - so much so that their national government is speaking out on the issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2010, 11:04 PM
 
3 posts, read 11,550 times
Reputation: 11
Default United state has a Big Attitude.

[SIZE=4]United states' People have a big attitude with the wrong people. They should be focus on our troopes that are over sea. We are going to be underminded, with all this going on with the illegals of mexico' i know there's a problem but there's a bigger problem with all illegals" but goverment is not going to do a thing for now about illegal. They keep allowing people from other countrys to come here. I had live in california most of my life and there are so many people here today from all country's. Let immigration take care of what there is to do about illegals. Keep our eye's and ear's open for the bigger things to come from goverment![/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2010, 11:55 AM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,617,384 times
Reputation: 2983
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Having lived and worked in South Florida I am more than aware of the other illegal aliens, particularly, Haitians, Hondurans and El Salvadorians (funny, illegal Cubans aren't illegal despite the swelling Florida's prison population). Having lived and worked across the northeast corridor, I also know about illegal Chinese, and Koreans who work in filthy sweat shops and massage parlors. I guess that's ok as long as they just keep quiet about it like good little subservient semi-slaves should.




There seems to be an assumption that immigration rallies were populated by illegal aliens despite the fact that 30.7 million citizens of "Mexican" descent many of whom live in the very same areas that they lived long before any anglos even thought of settling!

I mean, how dare these citizens of Mexican descent claim heritage to places like El Paso, San Antonio, Los Angeles, San Jose, Mesa, Corpus Cristi, San Mateo, Santa Barbara, Santa Monica, the f'in nerve!
"Citizens of Mexican descent"? I thought we were talking about illegals here...Mexican illegals as opposed to others. What do THEY have to do with US citizens of Mexican descent?

I'm not too familiar with the sweatshops of the northeast..but I do know something about the settlement of the Southwest. My spouse is descended from some of those 'semi-slaves'...the Indians who actually built the California missions. They were here before the Spaniards arrived.

So, you're suggesting modern-day Mexican illegals today have some sort of 'right' to be here, because 'they' founded Santa Barbara and Los Angeles? Actually, they did not...the Spanish did. But regardless of that fact, MOST of those who founded the Hispanic Southwest (long dead, now) stayed on, and their present-day descendants are now Americans.

You could SAY 'Mexicans started LA'...and I suppose you could say that's "almost" the same as Spaniards.....(they all kind of look alike..right?). But you could also say 'the English started Virginia, and the Dutch started New York, and the French started New Orlaens, and the Russians started Alaska'...but again, so what?

So 'Mexicans' arriving illegally today feel some sort of 'right' to be in LA and San Diego and Sacramento, because of the Spanish NAMES of these places? Got it. The trouble is, these folks ALSO feel entitled to be in Orange, and in Riverside, and in Ontario and Bakersfield....and Omaha and Salt Lake City....

Your connecting the Hispanic past of the Southwest with today's "illegal rights" is tenuous at best. I fail to see your point. Those groups who FOUNDED the Southwest, (Indians, Mexicans, Spaniards, blacks, Europeans, Chinese, and 'others') are Americans today (meaning their descendants are). As Americans, they aren't illegals.

The topic of this thread, (started by you) is "mexican illegals vs non-Mexican illegals". That is the topic I addressed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top