U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 02:25 PM

1,150 posts, read 993,590 times

Advertisements

There are many laws which would benefit me personally if I were to ignore them: taxes, licenses, building codes, etc., but for the good of the communuty, I must obey those laws. Sometimes it's not all about "you." When you live in a civilized society, you must consider the effects of your actions on that society. Hiring illegal aliens may save you $10.00 per hour, but chances are it's costing taxpayers that much in subsidies. Chances
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2010, 02:27 PM

1,150 posts, read 993,590 times
Oops---meant to say---Chnces are that guy saving $10.00 per hour is the first to complain about high taxes too.

Old 04-30-2010, 06:50 PM

5,092 posts, read 1,758,034 times
Hiring illegals undermines the entire economy. Its illegally going outside of the citizen labor market to gain a competitive edge. An edge that doesn't exist for the illegal employers law abiding competitors.

If all business owners hired illegals, then no citizen would have any money to buy the goods / services that the business produces. Hence, the business wouldn't survive. The business only survives because its competitors DO pay wages to legal citizens, who in turn by the goods / services of the illegal employer. Thats messed up.

The only reason hiring illegals works, is because not everyone does it, and therefore the margins for the cheating owner remain higher relative to his legal competitors, who keep the economy alive by paying citizens.

The illegal employer benefits because others won't act unlawfully. Hence, it is an unethical practice and is cheating the economy and the working citizens of the country out of their rightful wages which are set by the legal labor supply of citizens.

Capital and labor are a part of the same business ecosystem. Ultimately, the entire system is hurt when this type of abhorrent cheating occurs.

Business in this country makes a profit due to the citizens of the country. When everyone plays by the rules, everyone benefits. When illegals are hired, owners temporarily benefit and are ultimately hurt, illegals benefit, and the working class loses big time. Why should illegals benefit to the detriment of the working class of this country?

I hope this helps your perspective.

Old 04-30-2010, 06:55 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,913,629 times
Same argument that was used to justify slavery and child labor and sweat shops.

No other country is as foolish as ours by allowing unlimited numbers of cheap labor and welfare queens in.

Old 05-01-2010, 12:44 AM

3,951 posts, read 3,596,836 times
All I could do is laugh at the point of this thread. I'm just saying, "Are you serious?" WHat's the point of having the benefit of being legally in this country if anyone could come in and work, reside.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration