U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2014, 11:56 PM

25,060 posts, read 22,106,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
I hardly think that English will go "extinct".

Besides, how do you know that Spanish will become the universal language? Why not Chinese, for example?
Neither do I, but the poster I was quoting seems to think that English is in danger of dying out because of latinos moving here.

Not sure what you mean by your second point, since I made no mention of Spanish, or any other language, becoming as widespread as English in the world. Spanish could make a resurgence in the world again if the largest Latin American countries get their houses in order and reach development on par with some of the middle income EU countries (like Poland, Slovakia, Czech Republic). Right now they are about as developed as Romania or Bulgaria.

Unless China totally romanizes their written language like Vietnamese did, or adopts a simple writing script like Korea's Hangul, there is no way for it to become a universal language.

Old 05-19-2014, 01:46 AM

11,488 posts, read 5,507,878 times
Well, by your sarcastic reference to English as "your precious language", it would seem that you are cheering for it to die out.

English is the language used by pilots and air traffic controllers all over the world. It's not going away anytime soon.

Old 05-19-2014, 06:18 AM

31,488 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Yes, precious language, as in, anyday now it's going to become extinct because of those scary boogeymen called latinos

If colonization was going on, like you claim, then English is in danger of dying out. Why are you contradicting yourself, lol?
Your remark about "precious" language is very sarcastic. I never called Latinos boogeymen. You conviently left out that the Latinos I am mostly speaking of are those here illegally by the millions. Again, no English will not die out but we could become a bi-lingual country in this unnatural and unlawful way (via illegal immigration and other non-assimilating Spanish speakers) and I object to that. There was no contradiction in my post. We are still being colonized.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or