U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 06:24 PM

2,212 posts, read 4,521,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
I bet she could just shake the oil off of the birdies...Go put yourself to good use Shakira.
She could put a bird on each hip and do two at once!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2010, 06:29 PM

5,377 posts, read 7,129,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the3Ds View Post
She could put a bird on each hip and do two at once!
LOL...I'm starting to laugh every time I see the title of this thread now. It just all seems quite ridiculous.

Old 04-30-2010, 07:12 PM

47,576 posts, read 59,187,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
If she's not a US citizen, then she doesn't have a dog in this fight. While she's entitled to her opinions, she should not be appearing in public in an attempt to influence policy of a country where she is nothing more than a guest. According to what I could find, she was born in and is a citizen of Columbia, and resides in the Bahamas.

There are plenty of problems in Columbia if she's in a problem-solving mood.
But it's a chance to get in front of cameras!! She's a Madonna clone, any chance to get some publicity is all she's after. She's not working to end all immigration laws in her own country after all. No cameras, no free pubicity if she does that.

Old 04-30-2010, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I'll tell you what it is...

These celebs (left wingers) think that this is the "civil rights" subject of the moment. They think it's akin to what was going on in the 1960's and they all want to lend their names to give "support" for the huddled masses yearning to breathe free. They are jumping on the publicity bandwagon for all the wrong reasons and they all look so stupid doing it. A foreign national has NO BUSINESS meddling in the affairs of this country. Celebs need to be INFORMED first hand about what is going on in this country, I know what kind of bubbles they live in and let me tell you they think they are so above it all until something presents itself so they can "lend their name" to show that they're "in the know". Meanwhile they look like ignorant fools.

In the 1960's there were musicians who also marched and boycotted with King, so they think it's equivalent to that. The one singular truth of the matter they ignore - we're talking about ILLEGAL ALIENS who have no legal right to be in the USA PERIOD.

They all look like complete and total fools.
Either the pop celebrities are much stupider now or they're all for the cheap labor for the elites. You can bet Shakira grew up surrounded by low paid servants so she very likely is fighting for those who want their impoverished servants and thinks it's horrendous that a fellow elite might have to pay legal American wages to someone.

Back in the 60's the celebrities were with Cesar Chavez and the UFW when they opposed the growers bringing in illegal workers to keep wages and benefits way down. Now not only the pop stars but the UFW has joined the side of the elites and want all the cheap labor possible brought in to keep wages way way down.

Old 04-30-2010, 07:19 PM

55,237 posts, read 72,931,810 times
any attempt to enforce immigration laws will meet with legal resistance by the 20 million illegals already here since last amnesty, thanks alot george bush.
john kavanaugh for president.

Old 04-30-2010, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Who is shakira, and why should I give any credence whatsoever to what she thinks?
I guess she is somebody famous? Oh, yeah, I saw her picture someplace. blonde, isn't she?
Oh, for the good old days when entertainers just entertained, and kept out of politics.
She's the one who wiggled and writhed in mud because she thought it made her look real sexual. She humps the microphone stand and plays with her breasts in her concerts, imitation Madonna, all the way to the bleached hair.

Sex sells after all - her biggest talent is in getting her hind end shaking, much like a girl at any downtown strip club. Suddenly she thnks anyone cares what goes on in her brain?

YouTube - Shakira Ass

Old 04-30-2010, 07:39 PM

313 posts, read 297,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
She's the one who wiggled and writhed in mud because she thought it made her look real sexual. She humps the microphone stand and plays with her breasts in her concerts, imitation Madonna, all the way to the bleached hair.

Sex sells after all - her biggest talent is in getting her hind end shaking, much like a girl at any downtown strip club. Suddenly she thnks anyone cares what goes on in her brain?

YouTube - Shakira Ass

What a smart and compelling argument.

Trashy. Shouldn't you be out burning books somewhere?
I'm waiting for you guys to start calling her a "w_h o_r e"

Old 04-30-2010, 07:45 PM

398 posts, read 633,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
Shakira came to AZ to meet with Phoenix City Police and mayor. However, she was unable to meet with the mayor. Shakira has vowed to fight the AZ immigration law.
Shakira has NO bussines fighting any law in this country!

Old 04-30-2010, 07:48 PM

4,507 posts, read 7,874,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpayaso View Post
Oh, it's illegal, and they said it's illegal, so that means its not going to happen.
I think...racial profiling is illegal in all of America, so that means it doesn't happen at all.

That's a load off my mind. Thanks yank.
Overlooking your poor attempt at sarcasm....

What is stopping racial profiling from happening now? I suppose the police could be pulling over/questioning people now just because they are brown or black or whatever. Are you suggesting that because a few law enforcement officers would profile that no one should be questioned? Or are you suggesting a broader, systemic problem of racism in the police force and that by their very nature they WILL profile? Are you calling for repeal of ANY law that might result in racial profiling?

Old 04-30-2010, 07:48 PM

5,377 posts, read 7,129,987 times
Until I see Jan Brewer's and Janet Napolitano's whirlwind tour singing and shaking their booties (a frightful thought), I think Shakira should keep her butt out of politics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or