U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 01:12 PM

470 posts, read 388,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelaldo View Post
It has to do with the fact that a law can be created with a façade that hides an ugly, underlying fear, belief or prejudice... or created to legally discriminate against a group of people.
You had better get your law books out and contest every single law in them. Every single law we have can be abused.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2010, 01:13 PM

757 posts, read 1,903,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
For those who foolishly believe illegals don't vote:

Comment: Lax system allows noncitizens to vote (http://www.mysanantonio.com/opinion/MYSA121706_4H_connettcomment_1e45ed5_html.html - broken link)

--The secretary of state's office admits that, under existing Texas law, "there is no formal verification of an applicant's citizenship status." Instead, our voter registration system naively relies on the honesty of all participants instead of verifying citizenship.--
303, or 35... doesn't qualify as a voting base or even a block.

Old 04-30-2010, 01:17 PM

32,820 posts, read 30,068,682 times
Quote:
It has to do with the fact that a law can be created with a façade that hides an ugly, underlying fear, belief or prejudice... or created to legally discriminate against a group of people.
In my opinion it was created to get around the issue of the two sets of "implied" laws we have now. This will allow Police to actually do their job. Case in point, I was fishing at a local lake and as the day went on I was surrounded by spanish speaking adults. Only me and one other dude had licenses. When the warden came by he checked mine and the other fellows.

In an angry tone I asked why he didn't cite the suspicously illegal looking people. His response? Why would I bother. I'll get a fake hispanic name with a fake address and they won't pay the fine or show up. I can't call the Police cause they can't arrest them on that type of violation. And if the officer doesn't speak English? This IS TWO SETS OF IMPLIED LAWS. One for law abiding Americans and one for Illegal Aliens.

To me that is why this law was created and is necessary as these criminals will keep gaming the system using our very own Constitution against us. It's even worse that the criminal backers are chearing them on. It makes me wonder what Country they hold their loyalty.

Old 04-30-2010, 01:28 PM

13,050 posts, read 21,175,320 times
Quote:
303, or 35... doesn't qualify as a voting base or even a block.
Even one is wrong. Do you as a US citizen get to vote in other countries' elections? By the way, did you see this part?

--Harris County officials have canceled 3,742 registered voters for noncitizenship. Most important, Bettencourt has records of noncitizens voting in Harris County.

Perhaps you are unaware that even a few hundred votes are enough to decide an election where the race is close? Did you forget FL?

--In Florida, with more than 1.5 million noncitizens of voting age, only 540 of them would have had to vote (or 540 more ineligible voters than may actually have voted) for Gore to reverse the Presidential winner. In fact, election observers reported that a "sizable number" of votes may have been cast by ineligible felons, illegal immigrants, and non-citizens.

The Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR): FAIR Testimony on Vote Fraud by Illegal Aliens

--More recently, FAIR obtained evidence of efforts by an ethnic advocacy group to get non-citizens to register to vote. FAIR enlisted the aid of two immigration reform activists who posed as illegal aliens attempting to register to vote. They were able to register in two Wisconsin counties, with the assistance of an organization known as Voces de la Frontera, in spite of the fact that the two individuals presented themselves as noncitizens. The Wisconsin case involved the registration of non-citizens residing legally in the U.S., but it might just as easily have involved illegal residents.

It seems to me you have no problem with people who do not have the US' best interests in mind voting in our elections. Again, those who defend the indefensible. I wonder how many of the illegals who are registered to vote in the US are members of foreign terrorist organizations like al-qaeda. If you want to know what is wrong with this country, you need to look no further than your bathroom mirror.

Old 04-30-2010, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Even one is wrong. Do you as a US citizen get to vote in other countries' elections? By the way, did you see this part?

--Harris County officials have canceled 3,742 registered voters for noncitizenship. Most important, Bettencourt has records of noncitizens voting in Harris County.

Perhaps you are unaware that even a few hundred votes are enough to decide an election where the race is close? Did you forget FL?

--In Florida, with more than 1.5 million noncitizens of voting age, only 540 of them would have had to vote (or 540 more ineligible voters than may actually have voted) for Gore to reverse the Presidential winner. In fact, election observers reported that a "sizable number" of votes may have been cast by ineligible felons, illegal immigrants, and non-citizens.

The Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR): FAIR Testimony on Vote Fraud by Illegal Aliens

--More recently, FAIR obtained evidence of efforts by an ethnic advocacy group to get non-citizens to register to vote. FAIR enlisted the aid of two immigration reform activists who posed as illegal aliens attempting to register to vote. They were able to register in two Wisconsin counties, with the assistance of an organization known as Voces de la Frontera, in spite of the fact that the two individuals presented themselves as noncitizens. The Wisconsin case involved the registration of non-citizens residing legally in the U.S., but it might just as easily have involved illegal residents.

It seems to me you have no problem with people who do not have the US' best interests in mind voting in our elections. Again, those who defend the indefensible. I wonder how many of the illegals who are registered to vote in the US are members of foreign terrorist organizations like al-qaeda. If you want to know what is wrong with this country, you need to look no further than your bathroom mirror.
No, I live in Puerto Rico... where I can't even vote in my own country's election. but that's a whole 'nuther subject to tackle.

Bathroom mirror? I'm what's wrong with this country? No... I think not. I think over simplistic statements like this are weak. Because I care that I and other people don't get discriminated against... I am all of a sudden what's wrong with this country. And no... I in no way condone illegals voting in elections, never did I state this. I just downplayed the severity of it... and sure you came back with an example of Florida, which is understandable. Moreover, it's a two party system and one could argue that despite which way an illegal votes for, either party would really have the US' best interests in mind... which I'm sure you would disagree with and argue that only Republicans do.

Old 04-30-2010, 02:20 PM

13,050 posts, read 21,175,320 times
Quote:
No, I live in Puerto Rico... where I can't even vote in my own country's election. but that's a whole 'nuther subject to tackle.

Bathroom mirror? I'm what's wrong with this country? No... I think not. I think over simplistic statements like this are weak. Because I care that I and other people don't get discriminated against... I am all of a sudden what's wrong with this country. And no... I in no way condone illegals voting in elections, never did I state this. I just downplayed the severity of it... and sure you came back with an example of Florida, which is understandable. Moreover, it's a two party system and one could argue that despite which way an illegal votes for, either party would really have the US' best interests in mind... which I'm sure you would disagree with and argue that only Republicans do.

Yes because I'm against illegal immigration, I must be a Republican.

You are clueless, but you get a pass - you're in PR.

Old 04-30-2010, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Yes because I'm against illegal immigration, I must be a Republican.

You are clueless, but you get a pass - you're in PR.
ok... enlighten me.

Old 04-30-2010, 06:46 PM

41,314 posts, read 38,491,655 times
Hispanic-Americans FOR the new law. I imagine they worked hard and waited years to earn their US citizenship. You can understand why they would be upset to have their towns/country overrun by leeching, mooching illegals.

Some Hispanic Americans hope law deters illegal immigration - CNN.com

Quote:
Phoenix, Arizona (CNN) -- Sue Schwartz says she's been called a racist so many times she doesn't mind the label anymore.
Thank the Left and the race-baiters for that. They have used the card one too many times to be taken seriously anymore.

Quote:
Schwartz, a retired USPS worker, says undocumented workers are taking jobs from citizens like her teenage granddaughter, who hasn't been able to find a job since she began looking after she turned 15.

But Schwartz and some other Americans with Hispanic backgrounds who spoke with CNN say the problem with illegal immigrants isn't just the jobs they take. It's how they're overrunning towns like Phoenix, turning them into "mini-Mexicos" with their trash-filled streets and loud music, according to Schwartz.
And all that comes with poverty stricken, ghetto-like areas.

Isn't Phoenix now the kidnapping capital of the US?

Just think about that - a US state being overrun with criminal illegals who go around kidnapping US citizens.

How long is long enough to wait for the federal government to do something?

Old 04-30-2010, 06:55 PM

3,858 posts, read 5,962,340 times
The same nutbar who wrote: "With the Moon Missions Scrapped, Is Christianity Next in Obama’s Gunsights?" and complains that Obama "refuses to release any of his SAT scores".

Old 05-01-2010, 12:03 AM

1,628 posts, read 1,552,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
what?! everytime i go vote, be it a local vote, municipal vote, presidential vote, i am aksed for my ID. they have this little book that you have to sign.

its a GARBAGE read. what an absurd idea! especially the whole democrat thing.

I personally have not had to show ID for a while. If you have shown ID, it's not required by CA.

From the State of California A GUIDE TO VOTING IN CALIFORNIA...

Quote:
DO I NEED TO SHOW
IDENTIFICATION WHEN I VOTE?
In most cases, California voters are not required to show identification before they cast a ballot. If you are voting for the first time after registering by mail and did not provide your driver’s license number, California identification number, or the last four digits of your social security number on your registration form, you may be asked to show a form of identification when you go to the polls. Make sure you bring identification with you to the polls or include a copy of it with your vote-by-mail ballot. For a list of the more than 30 acceptable forms of identification, contact your county elections office or visit the Secretary of State’s website.
In case you're wondering, the acceptable forms include "a copy of a current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck, or other government document that shows the name and address of the voter." Pretty much all can be forged.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or