U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 10:25 AM

757 posts, read 1,902,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
People like you /= you. That's what I wrote. Clear enough? .

No, not clear at all, actually... but I'll pretend it is because you're obviously embarassing yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post

I'm an atheist. You really know absolutely nothing about me, so stop trying to paint me as "opposite" of you. If you check my posting history, you might learn that I criticize all irrational fear mongering, not just that coming from pro-illegals. Clear? Good.

There's a communist in the White House!
There's a Nazi in Arizona!

See the comparison? Again, I didn't write that you said these things, but my "Mommy" comment wasn't written to you in the first place.

Now, what was that about me being heartless? Tell me again. It was so funny.
WOW! In a way I'm kind of proud that you got that huffy and puffy with me.

If you criticize all irrational fear mongering... then cool. We should be in agreement that SB 1070 is nothing but lip service that preys on people’s emotions and does nothing to further fix the problem with illegals in this country.

LOL… or are you going to tell me that I still ‘don’t get it’. Are you going to attack my ‘morality’ and my lack of knowledge about you… while still telling me that you’re better than me. I’m not going to list off the volunteer activities I’ve extensively been involved with for years…. It’ll just be a pi$$ing match with no winners. Just know... you know just as little about me as I do about you.[/SIZE]
Best of luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2010, 10:41 AM

14,095 posts, read 22,971,089 times
Tutu, go back to Africa and do something to put a stop to the mass murder and rape going on in much of that land before putting your nose in Arizona's business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Equally disturbing is what will happen in the mind of the policeman. The police talk today about how they do not wish to, and will not, engage in racial profiling. Yet faced with the option of using common sense and compassion, or harassing a person who has done nothing wrong, a particularly sinister aspect of Arizona's new immigration law will be hanging over his head. He can be personally sued, by anyone, for failing to enforce this inhumane new act.

I recognize that Arizona has become a widening entry point for illegal immigration from the South. The wave has brought with it rising violence and drug smuggling.

But a solution that degrades innocent people, or that makes anyone with broken English a suspect, is not a solution. A solution that fails to distinguish between a young child coming over the border in search of his mother and a drug smuggler is not a solution.
Abominations such as apartheid do not start with an entire population suddenly becoming inhumane. They start here.
Desmond Tutu: Arizona: The Wrong Answer

Old 05-01-2010, 10:46 AM

5,361 posts, read 7,054,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelaldo View Post
Hmm... I thought this was the illegal immigration forum...did I in anyway offend you? I'm so sorry!

nvx, maybe liam should go and cry to mommy.

But this is exactly what happenes when you try to discuss rational things with irrational people... you basically get told to shut up, and take ur drama elsewhere.... which btw I might cuz the forum is basically one senselss diatribe after another.
Now I know who you remind me of...my little Puerto Rican cousin who has no common sense and has been the embarrassment of our family.

Old 05-01-2010, 10:48 AM

5,361 posts, read 7,054,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Equally disturbing is what will happen in the mind of the policeman. The police talk today about how they do not wish to, and will not, engage in racial profiling. Yet faced with the option of using common sense and compassion, or harassing a person who has done nothing wrong, a particularly sinister aspect of Arizona's new immigration law will be hanging over his head. He can be personally sued, by anyone, for failing to enforce this inhumane new act.

I recognize that Arizona has become a widening entry point for illegal immigration from the South. The wave has brought with it rising violence and drug smuggling.

But a solution that degrades innocent people, or that makes anyone with broken English a suspect, is not a solution. A solution that fails to distinguish between a young child coming over the border in search of his mother and a drug smuggler is not a solution.
Abominations such as apartheid do not start with an entire population suddenly becoming inhumane. They start here.
Desmond Tutu: Arizona: The Wrong Answer
Please explain to all of us what you know about the new Arizona Bill.

Old 05-01-2010, 10:48 AM

9,742 posts, read 9,061,455 times
Quote:
In a way I'm kind of proud...
Give yourself a nice pat on the back.

Old 05-01-2010, 11:17 AM

757 posts, read 1,902,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Now I know who you remind me of...my little Puerto Rican cousin who has no common sense and has been the embarrassment of our family.

LMAO! Ethnic comparisons and belittlement! I LOVE IT! KEEP IT COMING... it only proves my point.

Old 05-01-2010, 12:28 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
Quote:
LMAO! Ethnic comparisons and belittlement! I LOVE IT! KEEP IT COMING... it only proves my point.
To me it's a lot like the situation in Mexico. Mexico has laws but very often the laws aren't being enforced and there like here the people have no respect at all for the laws.

As a result there are major problems now in some parts of that country, police and government officials looked away for too many years, even benefitted themselves from breaking the laws.

Since you want nothing done about illegals already here and the millions more yet to come, is this policy of no borders, no immigration laws only for the USA or do you demand that Mexico also stops enforcing it's own immigration laws, and also all the other countries in the world?

Why should other countries try to protect jobs for their citizens, and protect their citizens while only the USA allows a free-for-all style of immigration?

Old 05-01-2010, 02:09 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,042,585 times
Quote:

Tell me, supporters of SB1070... would you support a bill that would deport all 11 million illegals, but make available 11 million visas eligible to citizens of LatinAmerican nations? They'd be of the same socioeconomic standing, same race, same culture, same music, same ghetto tendencies, same stereotypes, etc... but this time, they'd be 'legal'. LOL. Probably not.... and most corporation definitely wouldn't either... then theyd have rights and demand decent wages.

Do we need 11 million surplus manual laborers? With today's economy we DEFINITELY don't. Now if we actually did have a need as a country for 11 million unskilled workers, why would they all need to come from Latin America? Are YOU a racist? Do you prefer latin immigrants over Asian, European or African immigrants? So short answer to your question is no, I would not. I would give the opportunity equally to all countries' immigrants, many of which have it far worse than latin immigrants.

To all those people like dilusion who think AZ's law is the beginning of the Apartheid, Nazi Germany or slavery (heard that one on here a few times) is that all the previous were victims held against their will. Illegals are free to leave at any time. The slaves, the jews and the Africans would have loved to have had that choice. An comparison to those horrible acts of humanity is infuriating.

Old 05-01-2010, 02:55 PM

1,150 posts, read 991,058 times
<<Tell me, supporters of SB1070... would you support a bill that would deport all 11 million illegals, but make available 11 million visas eligible to citizens of LatinAmerican nations? >>.

Absolutely. Those who applied legally would be given criminal background checks, health checks to make sure they didn't have any communicable diseases, have sponsors, or jobs waiting so they wouldn't be a burden on tax payers by using social services, and they'd be honest people, willing to follow the law. Those who come here illegally show that they have no regard for the law.

Actually, I'd rather have people from Latin American countries here than those from Muslim countries. Radical Muslims can hide among those who are just here for a better life, and they truly frighten me. I do support SB1070 though, because we can't have unlimited numbers of people pouring into the country, not knowing who they are, where they came from, or what their backgrounds are. It's got to stop somewhere.

Unfortunately most of those affected in Arizona will be Hispanic due to the state's proximity to the border. If other states were to adopt the same law, in some it would be a different ethnicity which would be most affected.

Old 05-01-2010, 03:14 PM

80 posts, read 242,261 times
If they are obeying the law, what are they worried about ???....
It's the same as a D.U.I checkpoint...
By the way, who cares what Tutu thinks ???
Is he a legal citizen of this country ????
If not, someone should check HIS papers to see if they are in order......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or