U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2010, 01:56 PM

10,543 posts, read 11,680,657 times

Advertisements

...and not let people be here illegally when these hard working people chose to come properly.

The legal hispanic immigrants are being cheated while people that think they're standing up for the hispanic population are only standing up for the law-breaking segment of the population.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2010, 02:01 PM

264 posts, read 390,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
...and not let people be here illegally when these hard working people chose to come properly.

The legal hispanic immigrants are being cheated while people that think they're standing up for the hispanic population are only standing up for the law-breaking segment of the population.
Absolutely.

This is EXACTLY why Hispanic Americans need to stand up and heard.

It's truly sick how the open borders lobby brands itself as "Latino Rights" organisations while the lamestream media categorically marginalizes the majority of Hispanic voters who want the nations laws enforced.

Old 04-30-2010, 02:03 PM

470 posts, read 388,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Econolodge-911 View Post
Absolutely.

This is EXACTLY why Hispanic Americans need to stand up and heard.

It's truly sick how the open borders lobby brands itself as "Latino Rights" organisations while the lamestream media categorically marginalizes the majority of Hispanic voters who want the nations laws enforced.
Welcome to the Fundamentally Transformed United States of American Progressives.

Old 04-30-2010, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Econolodge-911 View Post
Yep, side with the lawbreakers...

Old 04-30-2010, 02:21 PM

2,212 posts, read 4,493,851 times
Quote:

It's important sometimes to sit back and get some perspective. If you watch TV, you'd think every single Mexican immigrant in Arizona is upset by this law. Actually, sit and watch the tv. Look to see what a "crowd" looks like and what angle they're filming from. What you'll see is an attempt by the media (tv and newspaper) to take a photo right in the center of a "crowd" of maybe a dozen. The rest of the crowd are the media...taking photos of the protestors. You'll also note that many of these protestors are young...which means that their parents have likely worked hard for their families while the younger generation just expects things. They are also more gullible...willing to believe that the police are evil and racist.

I'm also expecting Cinco de Mayo to be a circus full of people walking the streets with signs about how the "West was stolen from Mexico" or others that say "My people have been on this land longer than yours." The media will try to downplay those signs, will probably even try and skim over the upside down American flags with the Mexican flag on top...but the viewers will see and will react. It's one thing to want to be fair to immigrants. It's quite another when they take to the streets, demanding open borders, full rights for illegal citizens and then, my favorite, "THEIR" land back.

My mother-in-law is Mexican-American. Her family owned land in Arizona before it became a state. My in-laws have a very large, extended family and not one of them is against this bill because they earned their citizenship the same way people did who came through Ellis Island back east. They don't think those who are here illegally get to circumvent the system. I think they are in the majority in Arizona...they're just not screaming the loudest and making fools of themselves by throwing out terms like "Nazi" and "Racist" when they clearly don't understand the definition of the words.

When the media covers "hundreds of protestors" who take to the streets in Phoenix, remind yourself that Phoenix has literally hundreds of thousands of Hispanic citizens, so "hundreds" means that there are "thousands" who stay home.

Old 04-30-2010, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the3Ds View Post
It's important sometimes to sit back and get some perspective. If you watch TV, you'd think every single Mexican immigrant in Arizona is upset by this law. Actually, sit and watch the tv. Look to see what a "crowd" looks like and what angle they're filming from. What you'll see is an attempt by the media (tv and newspaper) to take a photo right in the center of a "crowd" of maybe a dozen. The rest of the crowd are the media...taking photos of the protestors. You'll also note that many of these protestors are young...which means that their parents have likely worked hard for their families while the younger generation just expects things. They are also more gullible...willing to believe that the police are evil and racist.

I'm also expecting Cinco de Mayo to be a circus full of people walking the streets with signs about how the "West was stolen from Mexico" or others that say "My people have been on this land longer than yours." The media will try to downplay those signs, will probably even try and skim over the upside down American flags with the Mexican flag on top...but the viewers will see and will react. It's one thing to want to be fair to immigrants. It's quite another when they take to the streets, demanding open borders, full rights for illegal citizens and then, my favorite, "THEIR" land back.

My mother-in-law is Mexican-American. Her family owned land in Arizona before it became a state. My in-laws have a very large, extended family and not one of them is against this bill because they earned their citizenship the same way people did who came through Ellis Island back east. They don't think those who are here illegally get to circumvent the system. I think they are in the majority in Arizona...they're just not screaming the loudest and making fools of themselves by throwing out terms like "Nazi" and "Racist" when they clearly don't understand the definition of the words.

When the media covers "hundreds of protestors" who take to the streets in Phoenix, remind yourself that Phoenix has literally hundreds of thousands of Hispanic citizens, so "hundreds" means that there are "thousands" who stay home.
Great points. Excellent post.

Old 04-30-2010, 06:18 PM

15,088 posts, read 16,932,393 times
Quote:
Let's Be Fair to Hispanic Immigrants ...and not let people be here illegally when these hard working people chose to come properly.

Correction: Let's be fair to all legal immigrants and legal immigrants who have become US citizens. My Mom and myself included.

Old 04-30-2010, 06:22 PM

55,237 posts, read 72,402,860 times
arnold schwarzenegger
has said it many times, stop cutting in line, not fair to legal immigrants.
what he did not realize is that the federal government would utterly refuse to enforce immigration law and will attempt to punish anyone that does.
when the law breaks the law there is no law (billy jack)

Old 05-03-2010, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Correction: Let's be fair to all legal immigrants and legal immigrants who have become US citizens. My Mom and myself included.

That was the point. Congrats and welcome to you and your Mom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration