U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 07:49 PM

5,918 posts, read 6,360,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juced View Post
I do suspect this is how its going to be done, unless an officer will pull over people and directly tell them, "I suspect you of being an illegal immigrant". That probably will not happen, and will be done under the guise of a "traffic violation.

Have you ever forgotten your wallet and ID? Let's change the scenario up just slightly. Hispanic person and a White person get stopped, both have no ID's, who's going to be taken in for being suspected as an illegal immigrant? I realize there are non-hispanics, but they make up a much smaller minority.
The issue would still be focused on the driving without an ID. Aren't the patrol cars equipped with computers? Easy to run the drivers data and confirm their identity, which the officer will do for anyone. If it comes back legit, than no problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2010, 12:17 AM

111 posts, read 112,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
The issue would still be focused on the driving without an ID. Aren't the patrol cars equipped with computers? Easy to run the drivers data and confirm their identity, which the officer will do for anyone. If it comes back legit, than no problem.
Last time I checked, if you are caught driving without a drivers license, the officer can have your car towed and impounded?

Old 05-03-2010, 03:20 PM

5,918 posts, read 6,360,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juced View Post
Last time I checked, if you are caught driving without a drivers license, the officer can have your car towed and impounded?
Sure they can. But they're able to determine the identity by computer in the patrol car.

Old 05-03-2010, 05:42 PM

41,314 posts, read 38,494,404 times
Another poll - 60% agree with law or want even tougher law.

Poll: Majority Backs Arizona Immigration Bill - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Quote:
Fifty-one percent of those surveyed say the law, which critics say essentially mandates racial profiling, takes the right approach, and nine percent say it should go even further.

Thirty-six percent say the law goes too far.
Again, obama and the radical Left are on the wrong side of another issue.

Old 05-03-2010, 05:43 PM

55,237 posts, read 72,453,647 times
the reason its 70% is bek the other 30% are illegals or their families.

Old 05-04-2010, 10:42 AM

130 posts, read 252,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Your assumptions are not reality and your mere opinion doesn't count.
It counts here that is what the forum is for

The person could have said my hypothesis is...

Old 05-04-2010, 10:47 AM

2,731 posts, read 5,939,391 times
States should have been passing Laws YEARS ago,instead of waiting on the Feds to do it.

Old 05-04-2010, 10:47 AM

Interesting points:

A gentleman from the National Center for Immigration Studies gave the following information:

"We have less boarder patrol agents than registered police officers in the city of New York."

"The cost to patrol the boarder is negligible, compared to the cost of the war."

by definition: "the first obligation of the government is to protect our boarders"

Old 05-04-2010, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by averagejoe76 View Post
States should have been passing Laws YEARS ago,instead of waiting on the Feds to do it.
I am not exactly sure how this went - someone can clarify - but didn't california vote - several years ago - to stop paying for medical costs for illegal aliens as they were bankrupting our hospitals -

And the federal government responded by demand that we continue to pay for the medical care or they would withold all federal funding?

I was kind of hoping the Arizona law would come to the same result - I believe in the law but I think the line needs to be drawn to clear the water...

If the federal government says we will withhold funding if Arizona implements this law then...

Hopefully Arizona would say KEEP IT!

The illegal aliens are cost the state more money than the federal government gives us. We will come out ahead...

Old 05-04-2010, 09:48 PM

342 posts, read 599,402 times
why is this a big deal i dont understand, isnt good to get the people out that dont belong here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration