U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 06:33 PM

5,092 posts, read 1,760,521 times

Advertisements

How could it be the answer, by any stretch of logic or imagination?

Please explain that to me, including:

a.) proof in the context of your understanding of labor, land, and resource economics;

b.)current nationwide socio-psychological and fiscal health;

c.) future nationwide socio-psychological and fiscal health considering the dramatic accelerated population increase that it would bring.

Just how, could anyone who doesn't have a direct stake in the matter by being an illegal immigrant, have family who are illegal immigrants, or own a major business that would be helped by the further dilution of the labor market, be for amnesty? Please explain that to me? I'm anxiously awaiting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2010, 06:37 PM

555 posts, read 738,451 times
Consider how many supporters and how much political power these invaders have when they are illegal, and how they demand things they have no right to. Can you imagine what would happen to our country if these 20 million or so illegals became citizens? That would be the end of American. Everyone in Mexico who wanted to come here would be allowed to. The southwest would be transformed into Northern Mexico.

This would be national suicide. This must not be allowed to happen.

Old 04-30-2010, 06:44 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,034,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodomonte View Post
Consider how many supporters and how much political power these invaders have when they are illegal, and how they demand things they have no right to. Can you imagine what would happen to our country if these 20 million or so illegals became citizens? That would be the end of American. Everyone in Mexico who wanted to come here would be allowed to. The southwest would be transformed into Northern Mexico.

This would be national suicide. This must not be allowed to happen.

And when our own politicians at the helm are pushing for that... makes you wonder if they are on our side.

Old 04-30-2010, 06:45 PM

2,477 posts, read 2,211,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meemy View Post
There is no "right" answer but here are a couple of reasons.

Reason #1....amnesty would head off any and all investigation into why the Feds could not or would not enforce our laws for many years. Corruption on a staggeringly grand scale could be sufficiently buried.

Reason #2...a high percentage of 20 million would be instant democrat voters in time for November. There are many very nervous dems in DC right now and it's my guess that they are desperate enough to try to ram through amnesty at any cost.
I agree totally with you....and I find it disgusting that our Govt. takes favor for illegals over its citizens.......

Old 04-30-2010, 06:46 PM

2,477 posts, read 2,211,401 times
I mean truly, there is NO good reason for amnesty....

No country has ever survived with open borders.

Old 04-30-2010, 06:49 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,034,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
I agree totally with you....and I find it disgusting that our Govt. takes favor for illegals over its citizens.......

My thought exactly.

Old 04-30-2010, 07:02 PM

13,692 posts, read 15,180,865 times
Quote:
There is no "right" answer but here are a couple of reasons.

Reason #1....amnesty would head off any and all investigation into why the Feds could not or would not enforce our laws for many years. Corruption on a staggeringly grand scale could be sufficiently buried.

Reason #2...a high percentage of 20 million would be instant democrat voters in time for November. There are many very nervous dems in DC right now and it's my guess that they are desperate enough to try to ram through amnesty at any cost.
I absolutely agree with you about reason #1. There is corruption at the government level 100% no doubt about this.

But even if they were given amnesty they wouldn't be automatic citizens, so they couldn't vote for quite a number of years, but they would become DEMOCRAT VOTERS absolutely no doubt about that at all.

Old 04-30-2010, 07:08 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,932,169 times
Unlimited cheap labor for the corporations and elites. Plus of course a government dependent type of voter as no one can support the large families the illegals tend to have on below legal wages in this country with our very high cost of living.

Old 04-30-2010, 11:24 PM

181 posts, read 275,112 times
Ronald Reagan tried it once already in 1985. He said it would be a "one time" thing. It didn't work, did it?

Old 05-01-2010, 01:28 AM

555 posts, read 738,451 times
Quote:
I never thought of that. The amnesty is really for Congress

They should all be impeached and tried for treason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration