U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-30-2010, 07:21 PM
 
313 posts, read 295,172 times
Reputation: 44

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
This is what I was really afraid of for Arizona....

Pinal County Sheriff's deputy shot after traffic stop

This could get really scary folks.
This does happen, there's a drug war going on!

This is getting extra publicity because of the attention SB 1070 has brought back on the immigration issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-30-2010, 07:40 PM
 
1,474 posts, read 2,016,557 times
Reputation: 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Don't be ignorant, and why is it that you pick and choose certain things to focus on? Does it really matter what the deputy was shot with?
Machs not ignorant and has a really cool head about him.stand up guy so better listen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2010, 07:48 PM
 
253 posts, read 569,922 times
Reputation: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by mading6 View Post
They should be labeled TERRORISTS at this point now, because that is what 366+ kidnappings a year in one city is= TERRORISM!!!!!!!!!!

If it’s really terrorism then why did they call it kidnapping? I think the correct term is kidnapping regardless of the numbers being 366+ they are still kidnappings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2010, 07:49 PM
 
Location: Southern California
15,088 posts, read 16,935,776 times
Reputation: 10273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Wouldn't doubt if the drug cartels now declare war on AZ, Pinal County, AZ Deputy Shot with AK-47


The drug cartels have a social conscience?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2010, 07:51 PM
 
253 posts, read 569,922 times
Reputation: 146
Wasn't Arizona once Mexican territory until those pinche gringos took it? So in fact if any Mexicans are there wouldn't you say they were in fact in their homeland?


Ok I'm just trying to lighten the mood here
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2010, 08:03 PM
 
253 posts, read 569,922 times
Reputation: 146
But even with all the drugs we cant cant close the border we need it to be open and we need the illegals
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2010, 08:09 PM
 
Location: Phoenix
5,361 posts, read 7,054,444 times
Reputation: 3973
Quote:
Originally Posted by W James III View Post
I just thought after you made the comment about having all types of comments, hate, slurs and stuff I’d throw that out for laughs in an attempt to lighten the tense mood here.
I have no problems with gay people
No worries, and I have no problem with Hispanic or Latino people. I have many friends who are, and having lived in Tucson for many years, I've had some that (gulp) weren't legal citizens (that happens when you live within an hour of the border) even if I do not agree with them on their status. However, I DO understand the issues that our state faces and since the federal government has not stepped up to the plate, our State has made an attempt. Is it going to please everyone? No, but it sure has started a hot debate, although I am even more disappointed with the lack of interest from our federal government simply because of upcoming elections. No one wants to say/do the wrong thing for fear of the voting consequences. If anyone has never questioned the commitment of Washington to its people, they should be questioning now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2010, 08:29 PM
 
Location: ...at a 3AM epiphany
2,206 posts, read 2,138,154 times
Reputation: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
This is what I was really afraid of for Arizona....

Pinal County Sheriff's deputy shot after traffic stop

This could get really scary folks.
What do you mean was afraid this would happen? It happens near daily in AZ and has for years! come on! You know, this to me is a new low in flame fanning by promotion of hysterical ridiculousness. Could get scary? This has been happening for years in AZ! AZ is SECOND highest in kidnappings IN THE WORLD. HELP Arizona rid their once beautiful, envied state of these cretins. Any hindrance to this to me equates to aiding and abetting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2010, 08:32 PM
 
Location: Inland Empire, Calif
2,887 posts, read 4,606,997 times
Reputation: 2766
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
This is what I was really afraid of for Arizona....

Pinal County Sheriff's deputy shot after traffic stop

This could get really scary folks.
The drug cartels declared war on Arizona a long time ago. They have ln been kidnapping and murdering American citizens, why do you think Arizona made the law...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2010, 08:51 PM
 
Location: New Orleans
525 posts, read 918,013 times
Reputation: 478
Quote:
Originally Posted by W James III View Post
If itís really terrorism then why did they call it kidnapping? I think the correct term is kidnapping regardless of the numbers being 366+ they are still kidnappings.
You make NO SENSE at all. In 911 they murdered people so lets not call it terrorism lets call it murder.


Terrorism is, in the most general sense, the systematic use of terror especially as a means of coercion.[1] At present, the International community has been unable to formulate a universally agreed, legally binding, criminal law definition of terrorism.[2][3] Common definitions of terrorism refer only to those violent acts which are intended to create fear (terror), are perpetrated for an ideological goal (as opposed to a lone attack), and deliberately target or disregard the safety of non-combatants (civilians).http://.wikipedia.org/wiki/Violent_non-state_actor
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top