Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 10:10 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times

Advertisements

If baseball is so adamantly against having fences, rules, legal entry then why do they have gates and fences and allow only those in who paid for a ticket?

How about less hypocrisy, if they believe in letting everyone in, then they need to make their games free to anyone so that all who want to come can simply show up and get in. When they take the same open door approach to their own games, and stopping keeping out people who wouldn't or couldn't buy tickets then we might listen to them. Oh - and free hotdogs for all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2010, 01:01 PM

4,027 posts, read 7,288,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usc619 View Post
Name me three things more Important than not securing our borders and putting a stop to ILLEGAL Immigration ?

-Health care
-Wall Street
-Anything else

Old 05-01-2010, 01:30 PM

353 posts, read 656,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyanor View Post
Arizona is a racist state period. Now, YOU quit it and give it a rest.

I don't know who the hell you think you are talking to but don't take your frustrations out on me.
It pains me that people have this perception. If I was on the outside looking in and I didn't know anything about AZ I might have the same perception with the recent laws passed. However as a resident and someone that has travelled the country AZ is actually a pretty open tolerant place. It has a heavily Latino identity and is basically a melting pot of people from around the U.S. Sadly the image persists that AZ was settled by a bunch of intolerant 1960's era Bull Connor southern types with big belt buckles and thick drawls and everyone carries a gun. Nothing could be further from the truth. It is actually the complete opposite. The problem is many who move here are apathetic towards politics and the the wingnuts that exist in every state tend to stand out here due to that apathy. It's time for the sensible voters of AZ which are the majority to wake up and make some serious changes. The way we are being portrayed right now feels like I'm living in some altenate universe. It just isn't who we are and what we're about.

Old 05-01-2010, 01:41 PM

2,212 posts, read 5,152,399 times
Apparently MLB wasn't concerned about sending 1/2 of their teams to the Spring Training Cactus Leagues for the entire month of March even though Phoenix has the 2nd highest kidnappings in the entire world. They weren't concerned that in order to get from Phoenix to Tucson (who also has Cactus League games), you have to travel through the exact corridor where the police officer was shot yesterday (and is well known to be a major drug thoroughfare).

They felt totally comfortable with the police force who, year after year, perform their jobs well. But now, there is a new bill that is somehow going to turn those same police officers into the Gestapo and they will start rounding up people who are out for ice cream?

Give me a break. I say "ARIZONA STAY STRONG"...if MLB doesn't want to send the All Star Game to them, let's see how long MLB will last not sending 1/2 of their teams to Spring Training. Let's see how easy it is for MLB to find 15 stadiums within 1 hour of each other. The Florida stadiums are full.

I hope Arizona legislature pushes back and says "You block the All-Star game, we'll stop the Cactus League." It will hurt for a few months then it will be over. This is about MONEY for the MLB, not respect for human dignity or whatever BS they're trying to sell. Arizona has the right to defend their borders and protect their citizens since the feds aren't going to do it.

Old 05-01-2010, 04:18 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,879,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrymiafl View Post
Thake it from a foreigner/newcomer to America,in case u didn't already know...

Apart from very specific occasions,concerning very few vulnerable small targets,
BOYCOTTS IN USA DON'T WORK...
This one is working. Look at all the people marching in the streets..! It's showing the world that Obama is completely incompetent. It's bringing one of his failues to light,and he is pi$$ed... Love it..!

Old 05-01-2010, 04:25 PM

8,613 posts, read 10,143,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usc619 View Post
Name me three things more Important than not securing our borders and putting a stop to ILLEGAL Immigration ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
-Health care
-Wall Street
-Anything else
Anything else? Really? So I am to assume PR that you're also not worried about the increase in crime and murders in your own city of Chicago? Well, that's what we deal with in addition to other things here in Arizona because our border is not secure.

Old 05-01-2010, 05:11 PM

4,027 posts, read 7,288,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Anything else? Really? So I am to assume PR that you're also not worried about the increase in crime and murders in your own city of Chicago? Well, that's what we deal with in addition to other things here in Arizona because our border is not secure.
No, I am not. And Illinois has more "illegal" immigrants than Arizona:

Estimated number of Illegal Immigrants statistics - states compared - StateMaster

It's been brought up countless other times, but if you really want to talk about Chicago and crime you can make your own thread in the Chicago forum.

Arizona makes it sound as if they are the only people affected, yet most of Arizona's population does not live on the border and they move on to other states.

Old 05-01-2010, 05:45 PM

8,613 posts, read 10,143,894 times
Quote:
No, I am not. And Illinois has more "illegal" immigrants than Arizona:

Estimated number of Illegal Immigrants statistics - states compared - StateMaster

It's been brought up countless other times, but if you really want to talk about Chicago and crime you can make your own thread in the Chicago forum.

Arizona makes it sound as if they are the only people affected, yet most of Arizona's population does not live on the border and they move on to other states.
Regardless of whether or not Illinois MAY have more illegal immigrants than Arizona (that is up for debate), Illinois is not a border state and does not have to deal with the amount of drugs, human smuggling, and kidnappings (among other crimes associated with illegal entry) that Arizona deals with. In addition, most of the illegal immigrants caught make their way through Pima, Pinal, and Maricopa counties.

Old 05-02-2010, 12:22 AM

216 posts, read 668,175 times
The drugs are being brought in through states such as Arizona because of America's demand for them. I agree that it's probably more chaotic living on a border state since it's the entry point. But as a previous poster said, the drugs and people are not all remaining stagnant in Arizona. They're filtering throughout the rest of the country.

As far as baseball, if enough players are adamantly against the new law in Arizona, they will pressure the MLB to boycott AZ, as much as possible. With so many training camps there, I don't think the owners are going to build new ones elsewhere. That is too costly. But they can easily boycott the state of All Star games, World Series games, etc.

Old 05-02-2010, 01:28 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,834,892 times
Quote:
-Health care
-Wall Street
-Anything else
Oil Slick FUP

Wall Street Bail out #2

Troops in Iraq and Afganistan
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration