U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-01-2010, 02:50 AM
 
13 posts, read 5,439 times
Reputation: 12

Advertisements

According to the U.S. Army records, Hispanics have been fighting in every war since the revolutionary war with both honor and pride. Whenever the call was issued forth for those who loved America to come to her defense, Hispanics have heeded the call and deserve credit for defending America’s freedom initially and to date.

Today, thousands of Hispanic Americans still fight to defend the freedom and liberty of America, fighting the war on terrorism, engaging enemies on distant shores as well as protecting the homeland in the service of the coast guard, border patrol and the reserves. Though a well known fact that many Hispanics serve in the military today, it is less known the history of Hispanics in the armed services paralleling the development of the United States through all of its years of change and resulting wars.

Hispanics in American Wars - Hispanic Culture
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-01-2010, 05:03 AM
 
3,863 posts, read 3,175,430 times
Reputation: 2466
What does this have to do with Illegal Immigration? No one here is going to dispute you post.Maybe it should be in another category?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2010, 08:45 AM
 
1,474 posts, read 2,019,980 times
Reputation: 457
Hispanics have ALWAYS fought for the United States.............Go look at pension and muster rolls sometime..........contrary to some of the postings around here, the Spanish, French, Dutch, Germans, Russians, Italians, Sioux, Chickasaw, Ponca, Utes, Saudis, Jews, and Gentiles, have ALWAYS been American and fought for American way of life and values..............So I wont get in the trap that only English descent can or will be in the armed forces.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2010, 09:10 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,844,279 times
Reputation: 3028
This is the Illegal Immigration Forum. Your thread belongs in the Legal Immigration Forum. I have yet to hear anyone dispute the contributions of Hispanic-Americans. However, their contributions do not justify allowing millions of illegal alien Hispanics to live in this country. Blacks have also made contributions. Does that mean every black person in the world has a right to come here illegally and rape this country? Of course not!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2010, 09:21 AM
 
Location: San Diego North County
4,800 posts, read 7,703,406 times
Reputation: 3010
This has absolutely NADA to do with illegal immigration.

My father, a product of Finnish/Norwegian immigration served in WW II and the Korean War. Immigrants of all origins have always fought in America's wars. Why would Hispanic Americans be any different?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2010, 09:27 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,844,279 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
This has absolutely NADA to do with illegal immigration.

My father, a product of Finnish/Norwegian immigration served in WW II and the Korean War. Immigrants of all origins have always fought in America's wars. Why would Hispanic Americans be any different?
Absolutely! EVERY race/ethnicity in this country has made contributions. I guess we should therefore allow the citizens from every nation to have unfettered access to this country. After all, the USA is the sole country responsible for the impoverished of the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2010, 09:47 AM
 
Location: DF
757 posts, read 1,908,632 times
Reputation: 595
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Absolutely! EVERY race/ethnicity in this country has made contributions. I guess we should therefore allow the citizens from every nation to have unfettered access to this country. After all, the USA is the sole country responsible for the impoverished of the world.
One straw-man argument defended by another. LOL.

I don't think anyone said we should give "unfettered access" to illegals. Yeah, the OP had a straw-man argument himself... but ur no better, now, are you, BenicAR?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2010, 10:00 AM
 
9,742 posts, read 9,083,263 times
Reputation: 2049
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelaldo View Post
One straw-man argument defended by another. LOL.

I don't think anyone said we should give "unfettered access" to illegals. Yeah, the OP had a straw-man argument himself... but ur no better, now, are you, BenicAR?
Please. Don't you recognize sarcasm when you see it? Sarcastic remarks are typical responses to sorry excuses, which is what the OP is. You've heard all the sorry excuses, haven't you?

but, but, illegals

...are hard workers

...good family people

...good God fearing people

...take jobs Americans won't do

...need to be brought out of the shadows

...would starve to death if they didn't come here (my personal favorite)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2010, 10:07 AM
 
Location: DF
757 posts, read 1,908,632 times
Reputation: 595
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Please. Don't you recognize sarcasm when you see it? Sarcastic remarks are typical responses to sorry excuses, which is what the OP is. You've heard all the sorry excuses, haven't you?

but, but, illegals

...are hard workers

...good family people

...good God fearing people

...take jobs Americans won't do

...need to be brought out of the shadows

...would starve to death if they didn't come here (my personal favorite)
Another straw man argument. I never said any of those things, neither did the OP.

Straw man - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2010, 10:09 AM
 
9,742 posts, read 9,083,263 times
Reputation: 2049
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelaldo View Post
Another straw man argument. I never said any of those things, neither did the OP.

Straw man - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Argument? What argument?

Those are excuses given to "justify" amnesty or an open border.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top