U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Should the current illegal aliens be disqualified for US Citizenship?
NO, they are already here let them get in line 7 21.21%
YES! Current illegal aliens should not be allowed to get in any US Citizenship line 26 78.79%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-01-2010, 12:57 PM
 
12,870 posts, read 12,773,798 times
Reputation: 4446

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
How about any illegals who don't want to go home just show up on Bonds Cay, the little island in the Bahamas owned by Shakira and her very wealthy elitist friends. I'm sure Shakira wouldn't mind. Should be very nice.
great idea!


i think that we would all be willing to chip in for a one way ticket for them to relocate. that would be a good use for some of the unspent stimulus money they are sitting on.

what if the island tipped over, though?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-01-2010, 01:27 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,884,971 times
Reputation: 6517
They may be allowed in line after first self deporting and then applying for a VISA the way everyone else has to do it.
No rewards
No special consideration
No special rights
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2010, 05:09 PM
 
1,650 posts, read 3,365,450 times
Reputation: 1121
[quote=Tough Questions;13986276]I saw the Press Conference about the new comprehensive immigration framwork and they said that the border is already secure and as a result we can move directly to part where the current illegal aliens get in the line but while they are waiting they immediately be able to work her legally.

QUOTE]

An illegal SHOULD NOT be able to work here legally in this economy. There are 15 million law-abiding Americans who can't find jobs right now. Many have families and have been out of work for two years or more. Some Americans are on the verge of starvation and homelessness. It makes me angry that we are letting illegals work here, and I can't find a job.

Why should a law breaker have the right to work here when 15 million people Americans can't find jobs?

I think amnesty just rewards law breakers. What makes them so special that they can break the law? The unemployed in this country are really hurting and no one really seems to care about them. Let's say an unemployed mother or father robs someone at an ATM to feed their family. Would our government give him or her immunity or would a jury say he or she is not guilty? No, the unemployed person would likely go to jail and pay consequences for his or her behavior. I think the illegals should be deported and pay the consequences for breaking our laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2010, 05:11 PM
 
1,650 posts, read 3,365,450 times
Reputation: 1121
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
How about any illegals who don't want to go home just show up on Bonds Cay, the little island in the Bahamas owned by Shakira and her very wealthy elitist friends. I'm sure Shakira wouldn't mind. Should be very nice.
This is a good idea! Or maybe the illegals could all move to San Francisco since the mayor seems to be pro-illegal. Then, I wonder how soon it would be before San Francisco goes bankrupt and all the law-abiding U.S. citizens are out of work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2010, 05:12 PM
 
111 posts, read 112,454 times
Reputation: 25
^^

Most of the jobs that were lost were lost in the financial industry. Unless... of course illegal immigrants are now taking investment banking jobs!

I don't think anyone who was in a high-powered job in the financial industry is going to give up and start picking fruit. The movie Having fun with Dick and Jane comes to mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2010, 05:25 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,884,971 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juced View Post
^^

Most of the jobs that were lost were lost in the financial industry. Unless... of course illegal immigrants are now taking investment banking jobs!

I don't think anyone who was in a high-powered job in the financial industry is going to give up and start picking fruit. The movie Having fun with Dick and Jane comes to mind.
Most but not all.
How many americans who are in construction were replaced by illegals?
How many Americans who in the service industry have been replaced by illegals?
Even 1 is too many.
How many US citizens have fallen victim to illegals and the crimes they commit?
ID theft?
Drunk driving?
Murder?
Robbery?
Rape?
What ??? Oh yeah we produce criminals of our own so I guess to some it is acceptable for illegals to victimize honest hard working legal citizens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2010, 05:36 PM
 
111 posts, read 112,454 times
Reputation: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Most but not all.
How many americans who are in construction were replaced by illegals?
How many Americans who in the service industry have been replaced by illegals?
Even 1 is too many.
How many US citizens have fallen victim to illegals and the crimes they commit?
ID theft?
Drunk driving?
Murder?
Robbery?
Rape?
What ??? Oh yeah we produce criminals of our own so I guess to some it is acceptable for illegals to victimize honest hard working legal citizens.

You're absolutely correct! The construction industry was hit very hard. Although to be fair, the jobs illegal immigrants do, at least here in California (have extended family that's been in construction for over 30 years), do the ditch digging type of work. Most are contract hires for certain jobs (because of their lack of skills), and taxes are always withheld (though never reported by the employer).

You are right about the service industry, an indiscriminate amount of illegal aliens are hired at restaurants everyday. I'm fairly certain you go to any type of restaraunt today and you will find an illegal in the kitchen, or bussing.

I NEVER said it was acceptable for illegals to do any violent thing to anyone. Although, you're simply making an unfounded generalization about the entire group of people. An indiscriminant amount of crimes are committed by blacks compared to other racial groups, should we say that ALL blacks are criminals? Heavens sake no.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2010, 05:43 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,884,971 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juced View Post
You're absolutely correct! The construction industry was hit very hard. Although to be fair, the jobs illegal immigrants do, at least here in California (have extended family that's been in construction for over 30 years), do the ditch digging type of work. Most are contract hires for certain jobs (because of their lack of skills), and taxes are always withheld (though never reported by the employer).

You are right about the service industry, an indiscriminate amount of illegal aliens are hired at restaurants everyday. I'm fairly certain you go to any type of restaraunt today and you will find an illegal in the kitchen, or bussing.

I NEVER said it was acceptable for illegals to do any violent thing to anyone. Although, you're simply making an unfounded generalization about the entire group of people. An indiscriminant amount of crimes are committed by blacks compared to other racial groups, should we say that ALL blacks are criminals? Heavens sake no.
THe point is that unlike Blacks, or any other race who is in this country legally all 100% of illegals are in fact criminals. No maybe to it. None not 1 is an honest person so long as they insist on demanding special treatment and rights. No one said 100% of illegals commit violent crimes. I am saying that too many do. I am saying that all 100% commit crimes that would result in any legal citizen facing a court and possible prison. So how can anyone justify rewarding them with an amnesty or a path to citizenship until they at the very least self deport and apply for a VISA like the millions of legal immigrants have. People like my wife.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2010, 05:44 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juced View Post
^^

Most of the jobs that were lost were lost in the financial industry. Unless... of course illegal immigrants are now taking investment banking jobs!

I don't think anyone who was in a high-powered job in the financial industry is going to give up and start picking fruit. The movie Having fun with Dick and Jane comes to mind.
You know I get so tired of that same lame argument over and over. Some illegal aliens pick fruit, most do not. They take other blue collar jobs that most Americans will do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2010, 05:47 PM
 
Location: Texas
2,847 posts, read 1,851,024 times
Reputation: 1741
let me see if i got this right.


if you cross the north korean border illegally you get 12 years hard labor.

if you cross the iranian border illegally you are detained indefinitely.

if you cross the afghan border illegally, you get shot.

if you cross the saudi arabian border illegally you will be jailed.

if you cross the chinese border illegally you may never be heard from again.
if you cross the venezuelan border illegally you will be branded a spy and your fate will be sealed.

if you cross the cuban border illegally you will be thrown into political prison to rot.

if you cross the russian border illegally you will be shot on the spot.
however:
if you cross the u.s. Border illegally you get
a job,
a drivers license,
social security card,
welfare,
food stamps,
credit cards,
subsidized rent or a loan to buy a house,
free education,
free health care,
a lobbyist in washington
billions of dollars worth of public documents printed in your language
the right to carry your countryís flag while you protest that you donít get enough respect
and, in many instances, you can vote.

i just wanted to make sure i had a firm grasp on the situation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top