U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-01-2010, 06:50 PM
 
Location: Houston, TX
1,418 posts, read 1,812,578 times
Reputation: 1491

Advertisements

If all the illegals coming here were 28 year old women from Sweden you wouldn't hear a peep out of Lou Dobbs...just sayin....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-01-2010, 06:51 PM
 
Location: Columbia, SC
16,452 posts, read 9,313,531 times
Reputation: 6191
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
The idea, from the ignorant left, that everyone in America is an illegal immigrant would even make the indians illegal immigrants. People, EVEN INDIANS, migrated from somewhere. They need to get off that bandwagon or continue to look like idiots.

How the h*ll did they think all the countries became populated, unless people migrated from somewher else.


Now, you know lefties, we have countries, with borders, with laws that need to be respected. It's time to live in today and throw your left winger propaganda out the window. I believe we should adopt Mexico's stance on illegal immigration and round all the illegal immigrants up and boot their arse back over the border.

I disagree.

I think we should declare an uncondiotional amnesty like W wanted to do and require that they vote republican.

Give them ten years of republican government and they'll be begging to go back to Mexico or wherever.

If we charge them to leave we might even clear a few bucks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2010, 07:00 PM
 
8,640 posts, read 7,745,165 times
Reputation: 2854
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
No guilt in the least. Why should I have? I am not the one who did it.

By the same token, I wouldn't come to your house and shoot you so I could live there.

Hope that clears things up a bit for you. Or are you saying that the scenario I outlined didn't happen?

Talk about the ultimate brain twisted logic. Guess what! No one alive today is guility either! All the people involved in waring with indians are long dead.

It's like the left are void of critical thinking and common sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2010, 07:03 PM
 
8,640 posts, read 7,745,165 times
Reputation: 2854
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicket View Post
If all the illegals coming here were 28 year old women from Sweden you wouldn't hear a peep out of Lou Dobbs...just sayin....

Have we ever seen a woman from Sweden demanding America belongs to Sweden, burning our flag in the streets, invading our country in the millions or coming here sucking up social services?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2010, 07:13 PM
 
Location: Columbia, SC
16,452 posts, read 9,313,531 times
Reputation: 6191
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Talk about the ultimate brain twisted logic. Guess what! No one alive today is guility either! All the people involved in waring with indians are long dead.

It's like the left are void of critical thinking and common sense.
So, then - are you saying it's a good idea or at least OK to run someone off of their property to take it over for your own use?

If you go back and reread the OP, you will find out that it is a kvetch because immigrants are here. I was merely explaining why I am here. Had my ancestors stayed where they were and not run the Indians off, I would be somewhere in England at the present.

Not judgemental, just stating the facts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2010, 07:25 PM
 
8,640 posts, read 7,745,165 times
Reputation: 2854
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
So, then - are you saying it's a good idea or at least OK to run someone off of their property to take it over for your own use?

If you go back and reread the OP, you will find out that it is a kvetch because immigrants are here. I was merely explaining why I am here. Had my ancestors stayed where they were and not run the Indians off, I would be somewhere in England at the present.

Not judgemental, just stating the facts.

Is it beyond you to contemplate that people all over the world were conquering new lands INCLUDING indians back then? We need to focus on the present and not generations ago when we had nothing to do with anything, anyone did back then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2010, 07:28 PM
 
Location: Columbia, SC
16,452 posts, read 9,313,531 times
Reputation: 6191
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Is it beyond you to contemplate that people all over the world were conquering new lands INCLUDING indians back then? We need to focus on the present and not generations ago when we had nothing to do with anything, anyone did back then.
That's what I just said, if you would actually read what I post before you reply.

I stated the facts of why I am here, and they are accurate and can be sustantiated with empirical evidence and eyewitness accounts. That was the purpose of the post in reply to the OP, which I can't tell whether you read or not.

Is what I said difficult to comprehend?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2010, 07:34 PM
 
8,640 posts, read 7,745,165 times
Reputation: 2854
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
That's what I just said, if you would actually read what I post before you reply.

I stated the facts of why I am here, and they are accurate and can be sustantiated with empirical evidence and eyewitness accounts. That was the purpose of the post in reply to the OP, which I can't tell whether you read or not.

Is what I said difficult to comprehend?

I guess you would have a lot of guilt since, as you say, your ancestors killed enough natives with guns, smallpox, and syphillis.


My ancesters were not blood thirsty killers nor were they diseased. They came here, built sucessful businesses and employed Americans, well after the days of cowboys and indians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2010, 07:43 PM
 
Location: Columbia, SC
16,452 posts, read 9,313,531 times
Reputation: 6191
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
I guess you would have a lot of guilt since, as you say, your ancestors killed enough natives with guns, smallpox, and syphillis.


My ancesters were not blood thirsty killers nor were they diseased. They came here, built sucessful businesses and employed Americans, well after the days of cowboys and indians.
Mine got here on my Father's side in time for Samuel Mathias to be the governor of Virginia in 1623.

My Mother's side didn't make it here until the late 1690s in Charleston, and to the Columbia area until 1741.

I don't delude myself as to how they and their progeny made their livings, but neither was I talking about your family nor including them in the post.

I have no guilt for what my forebears did, but I know for certain if they hadn't done it, I wouldn't be where. Whether that is a good thing or a bad thing is hard to say and one of the mysteries of life.

My family has also had businessmen from time to time, and one of them who was a contemprorary of General Wade hampton (the revolutionary W.H.) was a wealthy man with over 12,000 acres. Some of that land is currently occupied by McEntire ANG Base here in S.C.

Why do you think I should feel guilty?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2010, 08:05 PM
 
Location: Northridge/Porter Ranch, Calif.
22,161 posts, read 26,677,859 times
Reputation: 6447
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I have no guilt for what my forebears did,
Then why did you mention it in the first place?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top