Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 06:37 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,061,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
It was in the past, so I was correct in saying that. If Europeans were here first and still controlled the land then I would say "were" even though they had power.

And now Mexicans are coming in just as Europeans did. It should not be a problem.
Actually: unlike the Indian tribes 400 years ago warring amongst themselves and not having decent weaponry; the USA is still quite capable of stopping the flow of illegal aliens, in this case, from Mexico and of SoB does not 'play ball'---------we can disable that nation by various means.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2010, 06:44 PM

4,027 posts, read 7,272,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
The earlier or later groups of American Indians? The Comanches were some nasty 'mofos' towards weaker groups and, knowing human nature, were just as guilty of atrocities as the Hispanic conquistadors and later Anglo groups.
I know more than enough about Native American history, thanks.

Quote:
Actually: unlike the Indian tribes 400 years ago warring amongst themselves and not having decent weaponry; the USA is still quite capable of stopping the flow of illegal aliens, in this case, from Mexico and of SoB does not 'play ball'---------we can disable that nation by various means.
They worked together a lot more than you know.

If America can stop it, they haven't done a very good job and in fact, nobody has or can say anything against my argument for immigration being right.

Old 05-02-2010, 07:12 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,289,862 times
Quote:

If America can stop it, they haven't done a very good job and in fact, nobody has or can say anything against my argument for immigration being right.
Legal immigration is acceptable. Illegal immigration is not.

Old 05-02-2010, 08:02 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,061,062 times
Quote:

And the Indians still lost the war. Just accept the fact that the Euros were simply bigger and badder 'Indians'. Needless to say: by the standards of the era..........such behavior was acceptable. Just accept it and move on. And the Indians today have the same rights (at least in the USA) as the dominant race/ethnicity.

Quote:
It is over; just accept it. The pro illegal side lost the war. Needless to say: it is little more than mop-up operations now i.e. expelling those remaining illegal aliens here in the USA.

Old 05-02-2010, 08:15 PM

Quote:
And the Indians still lost the war. Just accept the fact that the Euros were simply bigger and badder 'Indians'. Needless to say: by the standards of the era..........such behavior was acceptable. Just accept it and move on. And the Indians today have the same rights (at least in the USA) as the dominant race/ethnicity.

It is over; just accept it. The pro illegal side lost the war. Needless to say: it is little more than mop-up operations now i.e. expelling those remaining illegal aliens here in the USA.
Your second paragraph contradicts your first.

Old 05-03-2010, 10:01 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,801,219 times
You people want a county or not..make up your mind

Old 05-03-2010, 10:52 AM

50,153 posts, read 46,811,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
So, then - are you saying it's a good idea or at least OK to run someone off of their property to take it over for your own use?

If you go back and reread the OP, you will find out that it is a kvetch because immigrants are here. I was merely explaining why I am here. Had my ancestors stayed where they were and not run the Indians off, I would be somewhere in England at the present.

Not judgemental, just stating the facts.
This is a rather awkward argument here. Are you saying the current people crossing illegally from Guatemala and Mexico had relatives living in the area now the US, hundreds of years ago?

Old 05-03-2010, 03:01 PM

2,205 posts, read 2,531,606 times
Quote:
Well, the Native Americans were the rightful owners and they did not want us here. You can't have it both ways.
There are no two ways about it. I own my land, I bought it and continue to pay taxes on it. Come onto my land intrusively and you get shot, I can do that where I live. And "Hello?!!??!!, It's 2010". Time to wake up and go to school now.

Last edited by getout; 05-03-2010 at 03:17 PM..

Old 05-03-2010, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
There are no two ways about it. I own my land, I bought it and continue to pay taxes on it. Come onto my land intrusively and you get shot, I can do that where I live. And "Hello?!!??!!, It's 2010". Time to wake up and go to school now.
1. Either you believe that it's inevitable and should not be stopped (new people going into America)

2. Or you believe we are illegal in America because the Native Americans did not want us here.

Old 05-03-2010, 04:33 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,289,862 times
Quote:
1. Either you believe that it's inevitable and should not be stopped (new people going into America)

2. Or you believe we are illegal in America because the Native Americans did not want us here.
No one is here illegally if they were born here. Those who came here long ago are all dead now. Even the native Americans didn't sprout up out of the ground like corn. They also came from somewhere else. Get your head out of the history books and into the year 2010. You yourself said we shouldn't let history repeat itself, therefore we are protecting our country from illegal entry. If it is racist to do so then that means that the native Americans were also racist for trying to protect their land.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration