U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2010, 04:26 AM

18,290 posts, read 18,545,587 times

Advertisements

Ah teacha da could Anglash...efferbooty pas...ah get fied! Woot hawpen?
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2010, 06:51 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,887,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
I left AZ in '90 because I just couldn't stomach the bigotry and ignorance, anymore. There are so many nice things about the state, but their racial biases sully everything.

Sadly, they don't understand the good the Hispanic culture has brought them, choosing to focus only on the negatives.

How like people in general, isn't it?
I am sure Arizona misses you.

Old 05-02-2010, 07:02 AM

2,206 posts, read 2,138,677 times
I don't understand what this thread is doing in the illegal immigration forum unless these teachers are illegal aliens, then they should be kicked out If not, wrong forum but will say it is about time AZ stopped catering to groups who scream for rights which are not for the good of all. If they can't speak English, they cannot teach English and need to be removed.

Old 05-02-2010, 07:16 AM

8,640 posts, read 7,734,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Um,

Y'all call me a "left winger" and a "liberal" all the time, yet, if you read my post from earlier, I thought it was stupid to have teachers teaching English, who can't speak it properly.

Its not always left leaning people, who have bad ideas. This is the problem right now. Everyone on the right thinks the left is wrong, all the time, and everyone on the left thinks that the right is wrong, all the time.

Can't we end the left right thing, and just recognize a good/bad idea when we see one?

Was I addressing you?

Old 05-02-2010, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonS View Post
Does this include a thick southern accent? Or are y'all exempt?

I would think any thick accent would be unqualified. I was watching a movie that had cajuns in it and I could not understand a thing they said. Any teacher should be able to speak clearly and properly to teach.

Old 05-02-2010, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
I left AZ in '90 because I just couldn't stomach the bigotry and ignorance, anymore. There are so many nice things about the state, but their racial biases sully everything.

Sadly, they don't understand the good the Hispanic culture has brought them, choosing to focus only on the negatives.

How like people in general, isn't it?

Is this good?

In what officials caution is now a dangerous and even deadly crime wave, Phoenix, Arizona has become the kidnapping capital of America, with more incidents than any other city in the world outside of Mexico City and over 370 cases last year alone.

"We're in the eye of the storm," Phoenix Police Chief Andy Anderson told ABC News of the violent crimes and ruthless tactics spurred by Mexico's drug cartels that have expanded business across the border. "If it doesn't stop here, if we're not able to fix it here and get it turned around, it will go across the nation," he said.

Analysis of the latest Census data indicates that Arizona’s illegal immigrant population is costing the state’s taxpayers about $1.3 billion per year for education, medical care and incarceration. Even if the estimated tax contributions of illegal immigrant workers are subtracted, net outlays still amount to about $1.3 billion per year. The annual fiscal burden borne by Arizonans amounts to more than $700 per household headed by a native-born resident.

Old 05-02-2010, 07:53 AM

3,855 posts, read 4,087,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
No teacher should be employed to teach if they still need to go to school themselves. It's no surprise the left wingers support dumbing down the kids with uunqualified teachers..
and how does that deal with illegal immigration?

Old 05-02-2010, 08:09 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,887,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
and how does that deal with illegal immigration?
It doesn't. But we should not as a society be using tax dollars to facilitate illegal immigration. By hireing teachers who struggle with english simply because they are spanish speakers facilitates and re-enforces the crime.

Old 05-02-2010, 12:46 PM

3,855 posts, read 4,087,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
It doesn't. But we should not as a society be using tax dollars to facilitate illegal immigration. By hireing teachers who struggle with english simply because they are spanish speakers facilitates and re-enforces the crime.
Are you for real? what crime? how does hirrring anyone with any accent perpetuate a crime?

Old 05-02-2010, 03:20 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,152,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Are you for real? what crime? how does hirrring anyone with any accent perpetuate a crime?
The more benefits these illegal foreigners are given the more it entices them to come. Hiring bi-lingual teachers just to accomodate them is one of the enticements. Don't try to twist this into an accent thing. Many mono-lingual English teachers are being discriminated against because of that including fireman, cops, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration