U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-06-2010, 01:56 PM
 
Location: Helena, Montana
2,010 posts, read 2,050,094 times
Reputation: 780

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarks View Post
I find thinking a great habit, consider this, if employers don't hire illegals, the illegals would go where they could get hired, like Mexico, hence no coyotes, burglers etc.
They will still come here for the 14th amendment loophole, stand outside home depot, sell drugs, or just plain do something to get thrown in prison and be taken care of on the taxpayer dime. Your logic is flawed. Illegals should be held responsible, period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarks
There are plenty of good wholesome US citizens drug runners, deal with the market, you solved that problem too.
Ah, the good ole' "Americans do bad things too" argument. Your right, let's let in the illegal drug runners, dealers, rapists and murderers because Americans do it too. By that logic, why even have prisons? Let 'em all out to do as they please cause it's going to happen anyway. Asinine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarks
Really, so there are two rational people that use this board?

rrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggggggggggghh hhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttttttttttt................... .....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-06-2010, 02:41 PM
 
Location: Mastic Beach
752 posts, read 1,245,730 times
Reputation: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarks View Post
Damn the pesky Constitution any way, eh?

The constitution is to protect the rights of United Stated CITIZENS...your argument has no weight or substance here.
Illegal Immigrants have no rights
The constitution is not to protect them
its to protect us.
But you feel free to bend the constitution to fit your ridiculous argument.
Let them go back home and write they're own constitution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-06-2010, 02:45 PM
 
Location: Mastic Beach
752 posts, read 1,245,730 times
Reputation: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarks View Post
Well if Mexico is so great, why don't you move there? You can go there and complain about their treatment of illegals.

I love those sorts of responses, If I said, Europe is cool because they use military time instead of AM and PM, the response would be, "Well if Europe is so great, why don't you move there?"



Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarks
The solution is easy, simply fine or imprison anyone who hires an illegal, no muss no fuss.


I find thinking a great habit, consider this, if employers don't hire illegals, the illegals would go where they could get hired, like Mexico, hence no coyotes, burglers etc.
better idea:
why don't we send out unmarked vans to pick up day laborers and drop them off at immigration and replace them with hispanic IRS workers to get the employers?
kill two birds with one stone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-06-2010, 03:00 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,715,651 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarks View Post
I find it interesting that not one of you give a damn about our Constitutional rights. Yet I be each and everyone of you follow the tea bagger ideology.
If you spend any time in Mexico you soon come to the realization that there is more personal freedom in Mexico than in the US.
Damn the pesky Constitution any way, eh?



The solution is easy, simply fine or imprison anyone who hires an illegal, no muss no fuss.



You still don't get it, this is not about infringing on hispanic, it is about infringing on the historic rights of citizens.
I have a problem with that. If you don't, you ain't thinking.



Ben Franklin was right, those who will trade freedom for security, deserve neither, you apparently are one of those.
If it means running off the illegal aliens: I am cool with a national ID card (although here in Arizona my DL suffices so I am 'safe' ). Hell; Europe has national ID's yet most of the countries there are democratic so what is your problem with carrying one here, Clarks?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-06-2010, 04:38 PM
 
Location: Central Coast
2,014 posts, read 4,739,829 times
Reputation: 815
Quote:
The constitution is to protect the rights of United Stated CITIZENS...your argument has no weight or substance here.
Illegal Immigrants have no rights
The constitution is not to protect them
its to protect us.
But you feel free to bend the constitution to fit your ridiculous argument.
Let them go back home and write they're own constitution.
Apparently reading my posts does not interest you. Get this straight,
I have no care or concern about the plight of illegals, I have a care and concern about the plight of Citizens.
If you had read my posts you would have figured that out.

Are you folks that blind to the effect of the AZ law upon Citizens of this country?
Excuse me while I go bang my head against the wall.

What I have stated, time and time again, is how the Supreme Court will look at this law, and all you can do is whine about how terrible the illegals are.

Look folks, if you are in favor of throwing out any part of the Constitution that does not meet your desires of the moment, then we may as well give this country over to whomever wants it, because it won't be worth living in if you and your ilk get their way..

Unbelievable,
Quote:
If it means running off the illegal aliens: I am cool with a national ID card (although here in Arizona my DL suffices so I am 'safe' ). Hell; Europe has national ID's yet most of the countries there are democratic so what is your problem with carrying one here, Clarks?
What is my problem? It is your problem, and the same problem that faces any citizen in this country. My and your and their right to be safe from unreasonable search and seizure by the security forces in this country.
Never before in the history of the country except for one exception have citizens been required to carry "internal Passports"

If that is the America you want, then the kind of people Benjamin Franklin warned us about is, you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-06-2010, 04:41 PM
 
Location: Central Coast
2,014 posts, read 4,739,829 times
Reputation: 815
Quote:
The constitution is not to protect them
its to protect us.
Oh duh!!!!! So why do you support trashing it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-06-2010, 04:42 PM
 
Location: South Bay Native
13,080 posts, read 21,251,198 times
Reputation: 22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarks View Post
Apparently reading my posts does not interest you. Get this straight,
I have no care or concern about the plight of illegals, I have a care and concern about the plight of Citizens.
If you had read my posts you would have figured that out.

Are you folks that blind to the effect of the AZ law upon Citizens of this country?
Excuse me while I go bang my head against the wall.

What I have stated, time and time again, is how the Supreme Court will look at this law, and all you can do is whine about how terrible the illegals are.

Look folks, if you are in favor of throwing out any part of the Constitution that does not meet your desires of the moment, then we may as well give this country over to whomever wants it, because it won't be worth living in if you and your ilk get their way..

Unbelievable,

What is my problem? It is your problem, and the same problem that faces any citizen in this country. My and your and their right to be safe from unreasonable search and seizure by the security forces in this country.
Never before in the history of the country except for one exception have citizens been required to carry "internal Passports"

If that is the America you want, then the kind of people Benjamin Franklin warned us about is, you.
The next time you get pulled over by the police, I challenge you to tell the LEO, "No officer, I will not show you my papers. I don't need no stinkin' papers. I'm an American and I am not going to let you walk all over my right to be safe from unreasonable search and seizure!"

Please let us know how it goes. I hear they let you make one free phone call from County.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-06-2010, 06:16 PM
 
Location: Central Coast
2,014 posts, read 4,739,829 times
Reputation: 815
I do have serious problems with people who read A but see B. I explained, and the Hiibel case which NCYank was kind enough to post explains what is expected when one is questioned by law enforcement.

Now, you can persist in your beliefs despite all the evidence to the contrary, or you can change your beliefs from emotion based to fact based.

I know what you will do, you will stick to your emotion based beliefs, even though, if you read my posts from the start to now, would have facts.

As Eric Hoffer pointed out a long time ago, the true believer is utterly and complete immune to facts, and will in fact change facts to suit their beliefs.

What I am going to do, is sit back, put my boots on my desk and watch how the Constitution will trump the AZ immigration law, I have full faith that our Conservative, strict constructionist Supreme Court will over turn the law.

As for those of you who consider the threat of the illegals so dire, that you cannot contemplate that by ridding the nation of one "evil" you are willing to create another and far more dangerous evil, I have only pity.

To bad for this nation if you succeed, but, you won't.

Final statement, solving the illegal problem in not something I have discussed in any of my posts aside from one short sentence, the illegal problem is not the problem. The destruction of our nation is, and that will come from our own government, supported by emotion based true believers.

The Bill of Rights was written to protect us citizens from our government and you boys are willing to toss that sucker into the trash to solve a problem that can be solved without trashing the Bill of Rights. Sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-06-2010, 07:57 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,189,169 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
The next time you get pulled over by the police, I challenge you to tell the LEO, "No officer, I will not show you my papers. I don't need no stinkin' papers. I'm an American and I am not going to let you walk all over my right to be safe from unreasonable search and seizure!"

Please let us know how it goes. I hear they let you make one free phone call from County.
I am still trying to figure out how LE asking you for your I.D. equates to illegal search and seizure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-06-2010, 08:02 PM
 
Location: Central Coast
2,014 posts, read 4,739,829 times
Reputation: 815
Quote:
I am still trying to figure out how LE asking you for your I.D. equates to illegal search and seizure.
This seems to be a common thread among you anti Constitution folk. If you read what I wrote, I have never stated anything remotely connected to law enforcement asking for ID equates to illegal search and seizure, another of you ilk said pretty much the same thing. Yet if you read what I wrote, you should, if normal, figure out what my problem with the law is.
You can start with my analysis of the Hiibel ruling, that alone should make you realize that you have not comprehended my very clear sentences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top