Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 02:48 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times

Advertisements

Using the term "tea baggers" is a deragatory term that has to do with the gay community. Call them what they are... tea partiers.

Once again, a VALID DL or state I.D. is proof of either citizenship or legal residency in all but three states.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2010, 03:32 PM

2,014 posts, read 5,522,060 times
Quote:
Once again, a VALID DL or state I.D. is proof of either citizenship or legal residency in all but three states.
But that is not what is at issue, a legal alien must carry identification separate from a drivers license at all times. A citizen only needs to carry a drivers license when operating a motor vehicle. And as you so thoughtfully submitted, the supporting cases for the Hiible case demonstrates that a citizen does not have to carry ID.

If you are walking along minding you business, in the US of A you are not required to carry ID, let alone proof of citizenship.

Now, in AZ you will be required to do what has never been required, and you may be subject to lawful contact by any government employee, not just law enforcement, and if you cannot prove citizenship, you will be arrested.

Funny thing kids, my interest is in protecting you from the over reaching arm of the government, and you fight me, not very well, but you fight me.

You would sell your birthright for a mess of potage, bizarre.

Old 05-08-2010, 04:04 PM

No, the Arizona law doesn't "require" that a citizen carry I.D. at all times. If someone chooses not to and they are asked for it by LE then they should expect some questions about I.D. to come into play. If you are willing to take that chance then that is your proagative. You are constantly making a mountain out of a mole hill when most sensible Americans already carry I.D. on them all the time.

Old 05-08-2010, 04:32 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,346,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarks View Post
No one in America has been required to carry identity papers, except of course for free Negros prior to 1865. If you drive a car you have consented to carry an id, but, aside from that, well,
let me ask you, do you carry proof of citizenship with you?

I don't, and it is not now, nor ever has been a requirement in any state in this union. Arizona's law is a clear infringement of the fourth amendment.

My opinions have nothing to do with the merits or non merits of illegal immigration, but, are entirely based on the fourth amendment.

Here is some cynicism for you. One of the major backers of this bill is a law firm that specializes in handling immigration cases for cities and counties in Arizona, they are going to make a killing off this law.

My wife and I enjoy the Southwest, we enjoy the natural beauty and diverse culture of Arizona, mostly up in the north, the Grand Canyon, Hopi and Navajo reservations.

We have planned a trip to AZ for August, we will now make a few minor changes in our planning, as summed up in this text, which is the draft of the letter we will send to the AZ tourism dept, and to the great magazine, Arizona Highways.

Dear ......
Principles are what is important in life, I as a Vietnam Veteran am especially cognizant of the rights and privileges of being an American Citizen. One of those rights includes not having to carry identity papers to prove my citizenship to law enforcement, as did the citizens of Germany under the Nazis and as did the citizens of the Soviet Union, and as now, do the citizens of the United States within the boundaries of the benighted state of Arizona.

We intend to spend two weeks in AZ this summer, but, as a protest against the adoption of an unAmerican law, as a protest against the affront to the Constitution of the United States,
we will not spend a penny in the once great state of AZ.
We will fuel our rig in Utah and or New Mexico (we buy a great deal of fuel)
we will buy groceries in Utah,
we will stay only on Federal land, parks and reservations,
we will shop for gifts and souvenirs only in Federal or Tribal shops.
We will not patronize Arizona restaurants, grocery stores, motels or hotels.

Each place we visit, we will make a judgment as to whether our dollars will contribute to the Arizona economy, if so, we shall not make that expenditure. We are encouraging others to do as we will.

I am personally trying to do as much business in AZ as possible. I am buying items online as well as planning a vacation later this year. Unlike you I will spend as much money as possible in AZ.

Old 05-08-2010, 04:33 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
i agree you got rep.

Old 05-08-2010, 05:47 PM

752 posts, read 1,462,669 times
Quote:
You guys still don't get it, it is like you are one of the old carriage horses with blinders on. I don't give a rats hind end about the illegals, you can pick everyone of them up and send them to Austrailia. Please try and get that through your heads, inspite of the tin foil hats.

This is typical, the boy is complaining about an argument I have not made. Mindbroken, did you happen to read my post? My point was that showing Law Enforcement (or under the new law, any government employee) a drivers license as some of you suggested does not prove citizenship. Actually responding to the point made is the preferable alternative.

Come on, read my posts, oh, that's right, we tried that already. This is truly surreal. It makes no difference what I say, you see the same thing.

You will understand now, when I say, I cannot take seriously, those who do not reason, do not think critically, do not analyze, or, based on your posts, you won't understand.

So, time for some Arizona Jokes.

I understand now why Jon Stewart called Arizona "the meth lab of democracy".

The Hitler family is going to get rich off Arizona!

and, how do we know the toothbrush was invented in Arizona? Anywhere else it would have been called the Teethbrush.!!,

Now that's funny, I don't care who you are!
now who's doing the name calling
I read all your posts
the lack of common sense is starting to make me sad.
You like to poke fun at people who live in Arizona
say that they have no teeth
drive jacked up trucks
whatever dude
Why don't you take a good look at yourself instead
bet you have and it makes YOU sad.
calling us anti constitution but you cant explain why...
no evidence
just more complaints about how we don't read your post.
when A whole bunch of people start to wonder what your talking about dude
maybe
its not them
maybe
its you

Old 05-08-2010, 06:04 PM

2,014 posts, read 5,522,060 times
Quote:
No, the Arizona law doesn't "require" that a citizen carry I.D. at all times. If someone chooses not to and they are asked for it by LE then they should expect some questions about I.D. to come into play. If you are willing to take that chance then that is your proagative. You are constantly making a mountain out of a mole hill when most sensible Americans already carry I.D. on them all the time.
Chicago, you are the worst offender, for some reason you cannot get it through your head that ID, is not proof of Citizenship,
You cannot get it through your head that Americans, except as I have noted have never had to carry papers proving they are citizens.

It is not a mole hill that AZ has created, it is a mountain, and you will get to see that played out..

Quote:
Why don't you take a good look at yourself instead
bet you have and it makes YOU sad,
No, trying to explain the easily explainable to those who willfully refuse to understand it, makes me laugh
calling us anti constitution but you cant explain why...
But, I did explain it clearly and carefully many times in this thread.
no evidence
just more complaints about how we don't read your post.
You should have used the word "comprehend" not "read".
when A whole bunch of people start to wonder what your talking about dude
maybe
its not them
maybe
its you
Use of the term dude explains a lot.

John Stuart Mill said this; which probably explains the comprehension problems some have;

He, a fairly well known political philosopher had this to say

Quote:
I never meant to say that the Conservatives are generally stupid. I meant to say that stupid people are generally Conservative. I believe that is so obviously and universally admitted a principle that I hardly think any gentleman will deny it.

Old 05-08-2010, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Chicago, you are the worst offender, for some reason you cannot get it through your head that ID, is not proof of Citizenship,
You cannot get it through your head that Americans, except as I have noted have never had to carry papers proving they are citizens.

It is not a mole hill that AZ has created, it is a mountain, and you will get to see that played out..

John Stuart Mill said this; which probably explains the comprehension problems some have;

And you can't get it through your head that aside from three states a person is asked for their birth certificate or green card if a legal resident before being provided with a DL. Therefore, a DL is proof that you are either a citizen or legal resident.

And you can't get it through your head that an American still doesn't have to carry proof of their citizenship aka a DL with them (unless they are driving of course). That doesn't mean that they aren't obligated to provide it if stopped during "legal contact" by LE which was the same criteria before the law passed. I give up! You just keep chasing your tail and I am done playing your game.

Old 05-08-2010, 09:30 PM

Quote:
ID is proof of being LEGAL
Get it through your head...The problem in Arizona is obviously more dire than you can comprehend so now you do...

It is you making a mountain out of a mole hill...merely asking for ID is not a violation of constitutional rights, getting arrested and having your freedom taken away is
but thats not what were talking about here

You paying attention to John Stuart actually explains a lot

Now your saying I cant comprehend what your saying?
getting a little angry are you?
starting to take stabs at my intelligence?
maybe your just not happy all by yourself in the corner.

Your argument still grows weaker and more and more sad with each post.
the problem is you.
the word "Dude" explains nothing.
it's ok though
since soooo many people agree with you
you must be right.
maybe you just need to stop analyzing other people and take a good look at yourself "DUDE"

Old 05-08-2010, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
And you can't get it through your head that aside from three states a person is asked for their birth certificate or green card if a legal resident before being provided with a DL. Therefore, a DL is proof that you are either a citizen or legal resident.

And you can't get it through your head that an American still doesn't have to carry proof of their citizenship aka a DL with them (unless they are driving of course). That doesn't mean that they aren't obligated to provide it if stopped during "legal contact" by LE which was the same criteria before the law passed. I give up! You just keep chasing your tail and I am done playing your game.
apparently everyone has a problem but him, The use of the word "dude" explains a lot in his world where he is all by himself up on his pedestal where no one else understands the bulk of his god like wisdom.
care for a game of checkers?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration