U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 09:52 PM

19,318 posts, read 20,228,341 times

Advertisements

Immigration Reform = Open Borders. We all know it, whether we admit it or not.

Amnesty for ten million last time, amnesty for twelve million this time, and amnesty for another twelve million in a decade. Good or bad?

There are arguments to be made on both sides of this situation. Let's be honest and argue the pros and cons of reality, instead of lying and demagoguing the issue to death.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2010, 10:28 PM

634 posts, read 1,348,918 times
Wink Right on tinman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Odd I took that same oath. In fact I took that oath several times. The enimies I see are our elected officials that refuse to enforce our laws and secure our borders.
Personally I think all 460,000 + illegals should self deport.
I too have a strong interest in supporting the rights of citizens.
1. The right to life
2. The right to Liberty
3. The right to happiness.
All 3 have been used and abused by illegals at the expense of legal citizens.
Where is your outrage when it comes to the complete failure of our federal Gov to do its job? How many citizens must pay a price in blood ?
How many victims of ID theft? Illegals driving without a license and drunk?
How many rapes? How many legal citizens should be forced out of work by low balling illegals?
You see my first priority is US citizens. Criminals who call themselves immigrants? Hey they made their bed and made their choices, just like all criminals who decided laws were for everyone else.
It was not until I saw the protesters waving the Mexican flag above the American flag did I really believe what a threat this is to our National Security.

You are right on the mark- they want all the benefits of being here without paying for it.....to h*** with that!

PS I wonder if it will take someone to smuggle a nuclear device in the Country and set it off in a major city for our Politicians to wake up!!!!!

Last edited by EllenArlingtonPark; 05-02-2010 at 10:33 PM.. Reason: addl

Old 05-02-2010, 10:34 PM

313 posts, read 295,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Yeah, gee whiz arpayaso.

I wish I were so secure that I could jump from thread to thread, misspelling words and crushing grammatical rules in a single bound with a devil may care attitude and a certain je ne sais quois like you do. I can only wish I had your confidence

Sigh....I guess I'll just have to settle for my puny little college degrees and publishing in my field....living my Delphic little life. Oh the ignominy of it all....
So, so very important. You remind me of people who wear glasses without prescription, place their diplomas so everyone can see how important they are, and inject as many big words into their sentences, no matter how awkward it comes off. I've read your stuff, and by your stuff I mean your rants on the internet regarding brown people discriminating against you.
You claim to be published, and I would love to see that!

People aren't impressed by people who brag about themselves too much. It makes them look like a joke. Modesty is a virtue, and one who openly boasts(about going to college at an advanced age?) is trying to make up for some other shortcomings.

But anyway, congratulations on being a grammar nazi, building up your own merits, and appearing cultured with a french phrase all in one post! That's a lot of ego stroking! I'll leave you to that.

Old 05-02-2010, 11:25 PM

2,212 posts, read 4,506,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarks View Post
Think about that before you post again.
You're absolutely right and I will never respond to your post again. Enjoy your time in Arizona...I'm sure your wife loves to hear you talk talk talk about how morally and mentally superior you are to everyone around you. I said it in my first post...your trip sounds like "quite the blast."

Old 05-03-2010, 12:17 AM

2,010 posts, read 2,048,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpayaso View Post
So, so very important. You remind me of people who wear glasses without prescription, place their diplomas so everyone can see how important they are, and inject as many big words into their sentences, no matter how awkward it comes off. I've read your stuff, and by your stuff I mean your rants on the internet regarding brown people discriminating against you.
You claim to be published, and I would love to see that!

People aren't impressed by people who brag about themselves too much. It makes them look like a joke. Modesty is a virtue, and one who openly boasts(about going to college at an advanced age?) is trying to make up for some other shortcomings.

But anyway, congratulations on being a grammar nazi, building up your own merits, and appearing cultured with a french phrase all in one post! That's a lot of ego stroking! I'll leave you to that.
Alright, enough of this crap. Quit personally attacking people, accusing anyone against illegal immigration of being racist and hateful when YOU are the one who spews nothing but hateful remarks towards those you oppose. Come up with solutions, compromises or better ideas and contribute to the debate in a useful manner or DON'T POST.

Old 05-03-2010, 02:11 AM

313 posts, read 295,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
Alright, enough of this crap. Quit personally attacking people, accusing anyone against illegal immigration of being racist and hateful when YOU are the one who spews nothing but hateful remarks towards those you oppose. Come up with solutions, compromises or better ideas and contribute to the debate in a useful manner or DON'T POST.
Don't be so Simple, I was replying to someone who was criticizing people's spelling and ideas instead of "coming up with solutions, compromises, or better ideas and contributing to the debate in a useful manner."

Are these the kind of posts I should be doing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
Who gives a s**t.

Old 05-03-2010, 09:59 AM

2,014 posts, read 4,732,753 times
Odd I took that same oath. In fact I took that oath several times. The enimies I see are our elected officials that refuse to enforce our laws and secure our borders.

Reading the document you swore to defend would be a great idea, understanding the difference between the explicit guarantees of the Constitution and the declaration of ideals in the Declaration of Independence.
I too have a strong interest in supporting the rights of citizens.
1. The right to life
2. The right to Liberty
3. The right to happiness.

None of the above are Constitutional, they are from a document without legal standing in the United States of America.
How many victims of ID theft? Illegals driving without a license and drunk?
How many rapes? How many legal citizens should be forced out of work by low balling illegals?

Convince me that these crimes are only done by those in this country illegally

You see my first priority is US citizens.

Apparently not. Your first priority is getting rid of the illegals, and you have no problem trashing the Constitution in doing so. This Democracy of ours is fragile, it must be defended. Our bulwark against tyranny is the Constitution, defend it, or run the risk of losing it.

Let me illustrate the new law, in America, unless you were a free negro in the US prior to 1865 you did not have to carry papers, or identity cards. I do not carry evidence of my citizenship and I doubt there are many who do, that would include you.

If you are pulled over by law enforcement in Arizona you will be required to show proof that you are in this country legally. Now, you may say I am not hispanic, I don't have to worry. Yet, there are illegals from many countries here in the US. Like my old friend Dougal McNabb who came here on a tourist visa from Scotland, met a girl, they fell in love, he overstayed his tourist visa. A bright shining redhead, here illegally.
If law enforcement only requires people looking vaguely hispanic to carry "papers" then they are indeed guilty of racial profiling, legally they will have to ask everyone they stop.
So. How does this violate the Constitution?

Here; The right of the people to be secure in their persons,
houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and
seizures, shall not be violated; and no Warrants shall issue but
upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and
particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons
or things to be seized.

The words are pretty clear, now, what is unConstitutional about the AZ law. Probable Cause, cannot be every person stopped by law enforcement, it must be particular.

The AZ law violates the unreasonable search clause because, it has never been a requirement that a citizen carry citizenship papers, and the law is peculiar to one state out of 50. That is unreasonable.

You will notice that nowhere in my words do I support any illegal acts, or illegals, or illegal immigration, please remember that.

Now, you can say that AZ needs to do this thing because the Federal Government has failed to act, that is fine, and illegal immigration needs to be stopped and the illegals held accountable, but, if one supports unConstitutional means to do so, What next?

There are those who wish to destroy the Constitution and impose whatever fascist vision they hold, they have no problem using uninformed Americans to help them, your job? Don't help them.

This quote is worth remembering, it came out of the destruction of the German Democracy by the German Fascists;

"THEY CAME FIRST for the Communists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.

THEN THEY CAME for the Jews,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.

THEN THEY CAME for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.

THEN THEY CAME for me
and by that time no one was left to speak up."

Quote:
You're absolutely right and I will never respond to your post again. Enjoy your time in Arizona...I'm sure your wife loves to hear you talk talk talk about how morally and mentally superior you are to everyone around you. I said it in my first post...your trip sounds like "quite the blast."
Truely an odd post. To infer from my words a moral or mentally superior attitude on my part is just plain odd. Because I appreciate the Constitution does not make me morally or mentally superior to anyone except perhaps to those who hate America.
My wife loves to hear me talk, I love to hear her talk, makes for a good marriage

I did not discuss the trip, so I do not understand how it could sound "quite the blast"

In general vacations do not fit the definition of a "blast", some parts of it may be, like for example an ascent of Shiprock. But certainly not wandering about in a museum, or walking the lanes of old Oraibi

Last edited by Clarks; 05-03-2010 at 10:12 AM..

Old 05-03-2010, 10:15 AM

2,206 posts, read 2,143,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarks View Post
No one in America has been required to carry identity papers, except of course for free Negros prior to 1865. If you drive a car you have consented to carry an id, but, aside from that, well,
let me ask you, do you carry proof of citizenship with you?

I don't, and it is not now, nor ever has been a requirement in any state in this union. Arizona's law is a clear infringement of the fourth amendment.

My opinions have nothing to do with the merits or non merits of illegal immigration, but, are entirely based on the fourth amendment.

Here is some cynicism for you. One of the major backers of this bill is a law firm that specializes in handling immigration cases for cities and counties in Arizona, they are going to make a killing off this law.

My wife and I enjoy the Southwest, we enjoy the natural beauty and diverse culture of Arizona, mostly up in the north, the Grand Canyon, Hopi and Navajo reservations.

We have planned a trip to AZ for August, we will now make a few minor changes in our planning, as summed up in this text, which is the draft of the letter we will send to the AZ tourism dept, and to the great magazine, Arizona Highways.

Dear ......
Principles are what is important in life, I as a Vietnam Veteran am especially cognizant of the rights and privileges of being an American Citizen. One of those rights includes not having to carry identity papers to prove my citizenship to law enforcement, as did the citizens of Germany under the Nazis and as did the citizens of the Soviet Union, and as now, do the citizens of the United States within the boundaries of the benighted state of Arizona.

We intend to spend two weeks in AZ this summer, but, as a protest against the adoption of an unAmerican law, as a protest against the affront to the Constitution of the United States,
we will not spend a penny in the once great state of AZ.
We will fuel our rig in Utah and or New Mexico (we buy a great deal of fuel)
we will buy groceries in Utah,
we will stay only on Federal land, parks and reservations,
we will shop for gifts and souvenirs only in Federal or Tribal shops.
We will not patronize Arizona restaurants, grocery stores, motels or hotels.

Each place we visit, we will make a judgment as to whether our dollars will contribute to the Arizona economy, if so, we shall not make that expenditure. We are encouraging others to do as we will.
Since the 1940's it is a Federal Law that all aliens carry proof of residency. What's the beef? Get your papers in order because now you'll be asked for them, 70 years later. We are "oh so harsh". Get a grip and stop whining.

Oh, and if found here illegally, you'll be booted out.

Old 05-03-2010, 10:23 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,180,215 times
This contant fabrication by the pro-illegals claiming that this new law requires anyone to carry their citizenship papers aka a birth certificate is getting old. I challenge them to point out in the bill where it states that. I won't hold my breath.

Old 05-03-2010, 10:52 AM

2,010 posts, read 2,048,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpayaso View Post
Don't be so Simple, I was replying to someone who was criticizing people's spelling and ideas instead of "coming up with solutions, compromises, or better ideas and contributing to the debate in a useful manner."

Are these the kind of posts I should be doing?
I wasn't referring to that specific post, but all of your posts in general. You have yet to add something useful as far as I'm concerned. Your posts are just insults and flames meant to infuriate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or