U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 02:41 PM

2,014 posts, read 4,733,538 times

Advertisements

Fortunately we have a conservative US Supreme Court. They will happily shred this anti American law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2010, 03:18 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,182,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarks View Post
Fortunately we have a conservative US Supreme Court. They will happily shred this anti American law.
It isn't an anti-American law it is a pro-American law. Justice Sotomayer would probably love to shred it though.

Old 05-03-2010, 03:41 PM

4,828 posts, read 6,803,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
It isn't an anti-American law it is a pro-American law. Justice Sotomayer would probably love to shred it though.
Let me guess, She is anti-American because she is *gasp* ..hispanic?

Old 05-03-2010, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Let me guess, She is anti-American because she is *gasp* ..hispanic?
A better description of her would be an ethnocentric, racist. She proved it way before she became a justice by her sextist, racist remarks about white male judges.

Old 05-03-2010, 06:12 PM

2,014 posts, read 4,733,538 times
Quote:
Apparently you are not familiar with the Constitution.
As I stated our conservative Supreme Court will declare it unconstitutional, not because it has a darned thing to do with illegals or immigrations, but because it constitutes unreasonable search of valid US Citizens, now, you could argue the merits of my argument, but you have shown that you would prefer to state bald faced lies about Sotomayor.

Now, I suggest that you read her writings on case law. You will find that she is very much a centrist in line with the norms of American law.

My guess is that you prefer to persist in your prejudices, you are free to do that, thanks to rulings made by people like Justice Sotomayor upholding the Constitution, as they will do at some point with the AZ law.

Old 05-03-2010, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarks View Post
Apparently you are not familiar with the Constitution.
As I stated our conservative Supreme Court will declare it unconstitutional, not because it has a darned thing to do with illegals or immigrations, but because it constitutes unreasonable search of valid US Citizens, now, you could argue the merits of my argument, but you have shown that you would prefer to state bald faced lies about Sotomayor.

Now, I suggest that you read her writings on case law. You will find that she is very much a centrist in line with the norms of American law.

My guess is that you prefer to persist in your prejudices, you are free to do that, thanks to rulings made by people like Justice Sotomayor upholding the Constitution, as they will do at some point with the AZ law.
There is no search and seizure involved in this new Arizona law.

Bald face lies about Sotomayer? You're kidding, right? The sextist, racist remarks she made before becoming a SCJ was all over the news and you know it. You can bet that anything that involves removing illegal aliens from our country she would be opposed to based on her ethnicity.

I hold no prejudices nor have I shown any unless you think being opposed to illegal immigration is being prejudiced. You might want to question your own biases, however.

Old 05-03-2010, 08:18 PM

313 posts, read 295,763 times
Quote:
There is no search and seizure involved in this new Arizona law.

Bald face lies about Sotomayer? You're kidding, right? The sextist, racist remarks she made before becoming a SCJ was all over the news and you know it. You can bet that anything that involves removing illegal aliens from our country she would be opposed to based on her ethnicity.

I hold no prejudices nor have I shown any unless you think being opposed to illegal immigration is being prejudiced. You might want to question your own biases, however.
Sexist against males and racist against whites? Who will speak out for them???

Old 05-03-2010, 08:58 PM

515 posts, read 607,659 times
Quote:
You sure got that right!

Old 05-03-2010, 09:39 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,049,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpayaso View Post
Sexist against males and racist against whites? Who will speak out for them???
Surely not you, considering you seem to hate white people.

Old 05-03-2010, 09:58 PM

4,101 posts, read 5,920,654 times
Default Illegal immigration

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpayaso View Post
So basically, anyone who wants immigration reform and demonstrates for it has some kind of ulterior motive, and it's always negative.

Right.
The immigration reform most of the citizens of the US want is for the Federal Government to enforce the laws that are already on the books. If these laws were enforced, states wouldn't have to make Illegal Immigration a state crime, like Arizona did. Basically that is all their new law is. It also requires an law enforcement officer to check immigration status on anyone he suspects is Illegally here. He can't stop anyone he wants and check their status and he isn't forced to check anyone he doesn't want to check. Immigrants know when they are here legally or illegally, if they are here illegally they are breaking the law and that makes them a criminal. Illegal Hispanics should be picked up jailed and a bill for their lodging given to the government of Mexico.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or