Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 04:03 AM

8,613 posts, read 10,143,894 times

Advertisements

The ones who are uninformed and haven't even bothered to take notice of the repercussions of not having a secure border (drug smuggling, human smuggling, kidnapping, other crime associated).

The ones who are uninformed and haven't even bothered to read SB 1070.

The ones who are wanting amnesty either for themselves, their family, friends, or anyone in the country illegally. This includes those who abuse their visas when visiting the U.S.

The politicians who are more interested in the votes they will recieve/not recieve based on where they stand on the issue.

The celebrities/sports organizations, news organizations who stand to gain/lose money based on where they stand on the issue.

The cities/states who stand to gain additional illegal immigrants who may flee from Arizona to other states.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2010, 04:33 AM

313 posts, read 344,105 times
So basically, anyone who wants immigration reform and demonstrates for it has some kind of ulterior motive, and it's always negative.

Right.

Old 05-02-2010, 06:54 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,217,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpayaso View Post
So basically, anyone who wants immigration reform and demonstrates for it has some kind of ulterior motive, and it's always negative.

Right.
That would be negative for the United states.
The OP raised a few good points. Those who favor an amnesty the majority do so because it will benefit friends or family who are here illegally.
Anyone who is demonstrating for a reward for the illegals is not doing so because they care about what is best for this nation.

Old 05-02-2010, 07:05 AM

2,205 posts, read 2,535,937 times
Those for or against always have a vested interest. Those mentioned above and those who want the tax "dam" leak fixed. It's always about money.

Old 05-02-2010, 08:33 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,316,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpayaso View Post

Right.
Depends on what you mean by immigration reform. If it means rewarding criminals for violating our immigration laws then no, that isn't the way to go. You know damned well that it is Hispanic citizens in favor of the above who have an ulterior motive.

Old 05-02-2010, 09:14 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
I don't even think they're that uninformed, they have their own agenda which is the take over of the USA. The destruction of the American middle class because you won't see the same protestors out protesting lack of jobs for American citizens. You won't even see any of these same people protesting against the high kidnapping statistics of Phoenix, Arizona. It only depends on who is "torturing" the illegals. If a police asks them where they are from, that is the only torture that matters but if a coyote handcuffs them, puts duct tape over their eyes and mouths, applies cattle prods to them, and threatens their family that they will kill them --- not a SINGLE peep out of the pro-open borders side.

Yes, they have an agenda, it has nothing to do with compassion. Or why don't they do something for their people so they don't have to leave their own countries?

Old 05-02-2010, 09:32 AM

2,014 posts, read 5,521,234 times
No one in America has been required to carry identity papers, except of course for free Negros prior to 1865. If you drive a car you have consented to carry an id, but, aside from that, well,
let me ask you, do you carry proof of citizenship with you?

I don't, and it is not now, nor ever has been a requirement in any state in this union. Arizona's law is a clear infringement of the fourth amendment.

My opinions have nothing to do with the merits or non merits of illegal immigration, but, are entirely based on the fourth amendment.

Here is some cynicism for you. One of the major backers of this bill is a law firm that specializes in handling immigration cases for cities and counties in Arizona, they are going to make a killing off this law.

My wife and I enjoy the Southwest, we enjoy the natural beauty and diverse culture of Arizona, mostly up in the north, the Grand Canyon, Hopi and Navajo reservations.

We have planned a trip to AZ for August, we will now make a few minor changes in our planning, as summed up in this text, which is the draft of the letter we will send to the AZ tourism dept, and to the great magazine, Arizona Highways.

Dear ......
Principles are what is important in life, I as a Vietnam Veteran am especially cognizant of the rights and privileges of being an American Citizen. One of those rights includes not having to carry identity papers to prove my citizenship to law enforcement, as did the citizens of Germany under the Nazis and as did the citizens of the Soviet Union, and as now, do the citizens of the United States within the boundaries of the benighted state of Arizona.

We intend to spend two weeks in AZ this summer, but, as a protest against the adoption of an unAmerican law, as a protest against the affront to the Constitution of the United States,
we will not spend a penny in the once great state of AZ.
We will fuel our rig in Utah and or New Mexico (we buy a great deal of fuel)
we will buy groceries in Utah,
we will stay only on Federal land, parks and reservations,
we will shop for gifts and souvenirs only in Federal or Tribal shops.
We will not patronize Arizona restaurants, grocery stores, motels or hotels.

Each place we visit, we will make a judgment as to whether our dollars will contribute to the Arizona economy, if so, we shall not make that expenditure. We are encouraging others to do as we will.

Old 05-02-2010, 09:39 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,316,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarks View Post
No one in America has been required to carry identity papers, except of course for free Negros prior to 1865. If you drive a car you have consented to carry an id, but, aside from that, well,

I don't, and it is not now, nor ever has been a requirement in any state in this union. Arizona's law is a clear infringement of the fourth amendment.

My opinions have nothing to do with the merits or non merits of illegal immigration, but, are entirely based on the fourth amendment.

Here is some cynicism for you. One of the major backers of this bill is a law firm that specializes in handling immigration cases for cities and counties in Arizona, they are going to make a killing off this law.

My wife and I enjoy the Southwest, we enjoy the natural beauty and diverse culture of Arizona, mostly up in the north, the Grand Canyon, Hopi and Navajo reservations.

We have planned a trip to AZ for August, we will now make a few minor changes in our planning, as summed up in this text, which is the draft of the letter we will send to the AZ tourism dept, and to the great magazine, Arizona Highways.

Dear ......
Principles are what is important in life, I as a Vietnam Veteran am especially cognizant of the rights and privileges of being an American Citizen. One of those rights includes not having to carry identity papers to prove my citizenship to law enforcement, as did the citizens of Germany under the Nazis and as did the citizens of the Soviet Union, and as now, do the citizens of the United States within the boundaries of the benighted state of Arizona.

We intend to spend two weeks in AZ this summer, but, as a protest against the adoption of an unAmerican law, as a protest against the affront to the Constitution of the United States,

Each place we visit, we will make a judgment as to whether our dollars will contribute to the Arizona economy, if so, we shall not make that expenditure. We are encouraging others to do as we will.
Please point out the part in the law that will require Americans to carry their birth certificates now.

Old 05-02-2010, 09:45 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarks View Post

Dear ......

Go ahead but as 70% of Americans support Arizona's law, very likely more will come to Arizona and your absence won't be felt.

Too bad you don't do a single thing for the millions of unemployed Americans. They matter nothing to you because you put the "rights" of foreigners breaking our laws ahead of any American.

I would suggest you take your trip in Los Angeles because the economy there is pretty bad and they're going to need more revenue with the large onslaught of new illegals coming.

Old 05-02-2010, 09:52 AM

1,213 posts, read 1,631,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I don't even think they're that uninformed, they have their own agenda which is the take over of the USA. The destruction of the American middle class because you won't see the same protestors out protesting lack of jobs for American citizens. You won't even see any of these same people protesting against the high kidnapping statistics of Phoenix, Arizona. It only depends on who is "torturing" the illegals. If a police asks them where they are from, that is the only torture that matters but if a coyote handcuffs them, puts duct tape over their eyes and mouths, applies cattle prods to them, and threatens their family that they will kill them --- not a SINGLE peep out of the pro-open borders side.

Yes, they have an agenda, it has nothing to do with compassion. Or why don't they do something for their people so they don't have to leave their own countries?
So who is the "they" behind it all ultimately? I believe that it is the radical far left communist/marxist/progressive amnesty democrats who desperately want to stay in power to be able to further their radical agenda of transforming America into something that most Americans don't want. Using blatant hispandering hispanic ass kissing the radical left is making the tribally ethnocentric hispanics their gullable pawns in securing the hispanic voter bloc. The radical left doesn't want any deportations of illegal alien future democratic voters if amnestied, because then of course deported criminal aliens couldn't be amnestied and become future democratic voters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration