U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 11:34 AM

638 posts, read 1,004,051 times

Advertisements

I laugh at some of the people that post on these blogs.....do a GOOGLE search and look up what Mexico's immigration policy is!!! It is DRACONIAN!!!!!! This country has been a dumping ground for TOO long. I say if we are forced to legalize everyone already here then we build a 50 foot electrified fence on the southern and northern borders with orders to SHOOT anyone attempting to cross. End of Story. Too strong for some of you.....too bad......I say legalize if we must but then we build the wall with the rifles. Everytime we legalize and do NOTHING, they just keep on coming and next thing you know there are 30 million more ILLEGALS (you know, against the law) running around in the country. Enough is enough. You want to come to this country, you do so through legal channels and I would further like the rule that we need what you offer to get into this country ie: doctors, engineers, linguists, architects......specific talents. No MORE dead weight. You want to increase my taxes to build the fence that I DESCRIBED so be it....it sure as hell beats raising my taxes on a bill that was slammed down America's throat that will do NOTHING to reduce medical costs.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2010, 12:01 PM

2,477 posts, read 2,204,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtAJC View Post
I laugh at some of the people that post on these blogs.....do a GOOGLE search and look up what Mexico's immigration policy is!!! It is DRACONIAN!!!!!! This country has been a dumping ground for TOO long. I say if we are forced to legalize everyone already here then we build a 50 foot electrified fence on the southern and northern borders with orders to SHOOT anyone attempting to cross. End of Story. Too strong for some of you.....too bad......I say legalize if we must but then we build the wall with the rifles. Everytime we legalize and do NOTHING, they just keep on coming and next thing you know there are 30 million more ILLEGALS (you know, against the law) running around in the country. Enough is enough. You want to come to this country, you do so through legal channels and I would further like the rule that we need what you offer to get into this country ie: doctors, engineers, linguists, architects......specific talents. No MORE dead weight. You want to increase my taxes to build the fence that I DESCRIBED so be it....it sure as hell beats raising my taxes on a bill that was slammed down America's throat that will do NOTHING to reduce medical costs.......

99% agree....I dont agree with legalizing "illegals" that are already here......they need to go and come back the legal way.

Old 05-02-2010, 12:38 PM

3,855 posts, read 4,090,846 times
Quote:
Weve built 450 miles of 2200 US-Mexico border fence...@ about 14 mil per mile, thats how much math dude...250 bil.

Old 05-02-2010, 12:41 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,783,393 times
Quote:
I don't believe Mexico's immigration laws are draconian. They're sensible. Mexico chooses to protect it's jobs for it's own citizens. Plus it protects it's citizens from high taxes by not allowing hundreds of millions of impoverished moving in and expecting to be supported by the Mexican people.

Actually Mexico's whole constitution is fine if you read it. It's tailored to the people of Mexico of course and it does protect them. It's where Mexican laws aren't enforced (just like in the USA) where the break down occurs.

Old 05-02-2010, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Weve built 450 miles of 2200 US-Mexico border fence...@ about 14 mil per mile, thats how much math dude...250 bil.
I'll pay that and more if it works...In the long run we would save money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I don't believe Mexico's immigration laws are draconian. They're sensible. Mexico chooses to protect it's jobs for it's own citizens. Plus it protects it's citizens from high taxes by not allowing hundreds of millions of impoverished moving in and expecting to be supported by the Mexican people.

Actually Mexico's whole constitution is fine if you read it. It's tailored to the people of Mexico of course and it does protect them. It's where Mexican laws aren't enforced (just like in the USA) where the break down occurs.
100% agree

Old 05-02-2010, 04:26 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,161,367 times
Quote:
Well "dude" it is a necessary evil just like any other security measures we have had to take to protect our country. I haven't seen one complaint out of you how many billions that these illegals have cost us but you bring up how much it is costing us to protect our borders against them?

Last edited by chicagonut; 05-02-2010 at 04:40 PM..

Old 05-02-2010, 04:32 PM

4,028 posts, read 6,230,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
And that is a very good question.

Why is the USA to be the only nation in the world with no immigration laws of any kind?

And no other nation in the world takes in as many LEGAL immigrants as does the USA. The USA has by far more legal immigrants than any other nation.

The open borders side isn't content with that -- they want no limits of any kind placed on immigration. That's why in spite of high unemployment rates they want a free-for-all coming over the border.

In spite of over 10% unemployment nationwide and over 25% in many cities, with Mexico's unemployment rate at 4.8%, the pro-illegals still want massive immigration.
Can I have some?

Old 05-02-2010, 04:34 PM

313 posts, read 295,411 times
Quote:
Who is calling for a open border? where do you get these Ideas that America wants a open border? then how do you equate open border to a dumping ground...?

What is your point? open border or dumping grounds?
Seriously. The only way they justify their hard stance, and unwillingness to consider reform(aka CHANGE. IMPROVEMENT. PROGRESSION.) is to make the other side seem as evil as possible.

You can't convince them that this isn't about "no borders", or that the pro-reform movement is largely American, and that all illegals aren't murderers/molesters/devious people who hate Americans.

They're not grounded in reality, and are stuck in dramatic, emotional, exaggerated rhetoric.

Old 05-02-2010, 04:38 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,161,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpayaso View Post
Seriously. The only way they justify their hard stance, and unwillingness to consider reform(aka CHANGE. IMPROVEMENT. PROGRESSION.) is to make the other side seem as evil as possible.

You can't convince them that this isn't about "no borders", or that the pro-reform movement is largely American, and that all illegals aren't murderers/molesters/devious people who hate Americans.

They're not grounded in reality, and are stuck in dramatic, emotional, exaggerated rhetoric.
No, what you described in your last sentence in particular is the rhetoric of the illegal alien advocates. We have been made out to be the evil and racist ones and you damn well know that. It doesn't matter that not all illegals are murderers, etc. and it is a lie to claim that we have made them so. The only thing important here is that they are here illegally and need to go home.

Old 05-02-2010, 10:43 PM

Again.......What part of "illegal" dont people understand?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration