U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 06:21 PM

24,889 posts, read 20,321,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
What are the chances that the law never goes into effect at all? Given mounting poltical and economic pressures, maybe the governor issues an executive order instructing police officers not to enforce the law until legal and other issues surrounding its enforcement can be clarified and resolved, and then nothing is ever heard of it again.
Highly doubt it after the reform bill just passed.

60% of Americans polled supported it before, somewhere around 90% support it now that its been reformed (I posted a poll about this, in the immigration section, shows about 90% support it now).

The bad publicity has died down this week. Several of the Republicans who came out against the original bills, have retracted their objections as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2010, 06:52 PM

515 posts, read 606,053 times
Such a well researched post really should be put into the Illegal Immigration thread...there are many (far too many), posters who are obviously ignorant of the Constitution.

They, the aiders and abettors of the invaders, persist in calling citizens, who dare to object to the invasion, haters and racists.

Please move your post so that a dose of sanity (and law!) will be made available to those posters who badly need it.

Old 05-03-2010, 08:00 PM

114 posts, read 86,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meemy View Post
Such a well researched post really should be put into the Illegal Immigration thread...there are many (far too many), posters who are obviously ignorant of the Constitution.

They, the aiders and abettors of the invaders, persist in calling citizens, who dare to object to the invasion, haters and racists.

Please move your post so that a dose of sanity (and law!) will be made available to those posters who badly need it.

Perhaps a moderator will move the thread there. I don’t know how to do it.

JWK

Old 05-03-2010, 08:17 PM

515 posts, read 606,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwk1 View Post
Perhaps a moderator will move the thread there. I don’t know how to do it.

JWK
I don't know how either but I will ask someone who might...hang tight.

Old 05-03-2010, 09:39 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,692,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I'm content with the law now.

No more complaints from me.

There are some questions as to its constitutionality, based on it being an immigration law, and thats usually the sole duty of the Federal government, but I'll let lawyers and Judges sort that out.
It isn't the sole duty of the Federal government.

In 1996, Bill Clinton signed the Illegal Immigration Reform and Responsibility Act (IIRAIRA 96) into law which gave states the right to enforce Federal immigration law.

Arizona is merely the first state to take advantage of that responsibility.

Old 05-03-2010, 10:47 PM

Quote:
I don't know how either but I will ask someone who might...hang tight.
I just made a request to a moderator.

JWK

Old 05-04-2010, 08:02 AM

Thank you for moving this thread to the Illegal Immigration forum!

JWK

Old 05-04-2010, 09:13 AM

1,098 posts, read 1,541,049 times
Quote:

It won't matter. These people you refer to won't actually read, for comprehension or serious discussion, anything that doesn't support their point of view - regardless of the source or the truth.

Old 05-04-2010, 11:11 AM

13,051 posts, read 21,178,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyanger View Post
It won't matter. These people you refer to won't actually read, for comprehension or serious discussion, anything that doesn't support their point of view - regardless of the source or the truth.
And that is a fact. They are blinded by their special interests from seeing anything that doesn't line up with their crusade to flush the USA down the toilet.

Old 05-04-2010, 11:30 AM

After watching the various protests over Arizona’s law, especially the one in Washington, D.C., I am beginning to wonder what these protestors really want. What I can’t understand is why any freedom loving Latino who has fled their country’s oppressive and corrupted government, and has come to America in compliance with our laws, would side with protestors who now attack the enactment of a law made to deal with thousands of foreigners who have invaded the borders of Arizona, and have ignored not only Arizona’s laws, but the laws of the United States.

Do those who side with these protestors want the United States, which is governed by the rule of law and not by tyrants who now rule in Mexico, to become another Mexican style system of government which they have fled from?

What on earth is wrong with those Latinos who have come to America in compliance with America’s laws and now enjoy the benefit of a nation governed by the rule of law? Why do they not speak out against those who have ignored our laws, entered our country illegally, and now blatantly stand in defiance against our laws and berate Americans for wanting to enforce America‘s laws?

JWK

We are here today and gone tomorrow, but what is most important is what we do in between, and is what our children will inherit and remember us by.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration