U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-02-2010, 05:20 PM
 
Location: Helena, Montana
2,010 posts, read 2,041,880 times
Reputation: 780

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpayaso View Post
I'll strongly suggest that those against reforming immigration regularly try to discredit the other side by claiming that they are un-American and are for open borders. Or that the other side is comprised of just illegals, and all Americans are on their side.
Who's against immigration reform? I'm not. So no, I don't think all those who want CIR are for open borders, but some surely are. Just as surely there are a few bad apples on the anti-illegal side who are racially motivated in their position, but certainly not all who are agianst illegal immigration are and shouldn't be grouped as such.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-02-2010, 05:22 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,690,207 times
Reputation: 22158
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpayaso View Post
Ariz.'s largest paper: Pols failed on immigration - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100502/ap_on_re_us/us_immigration_enforcement_5 - broken link)



The Republic isn't exactly a left leaning newspaper. Yay for common sense without pandering to Arizona's misled.
Hey did you read other papers?

Look at what Notimex has:

La gobernadora de Arizona es más popular tras ley antiinmigrante - Mundo - CNNMéxico.com

PHOENIX (Notimex) — La popularidad de la gobernadora de Arizona, Jan Brewer, subió 16 puntos luego de la promulgación de la nueva ley de inmigración del estado, (translation: Brewer's popularity shot up 16 points after the new law)

Or check out Milenio!!

Crece popularidad de gobernadora de Arizona tras firmar Ley SB1070 | Milenio.com (http://www.milenio.com/node/432373 - broken link)

Crece popularidad de gobernadora de Arizona tras firmar Ley SB1070 (governor's popularity grows after sb1070)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-02-2010, 05:25 PM
 
313 posts, read 295,088 times
Reputation: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Hey did you read other papers?

Look at what Notimex has:

La gobernadora de Arizona es más popular tras ley antiinmigrante - Mundo - CNNMéxico.com

PHOENIX (Notimex) — La popularidad de la gobernadora de Arizona, Jan Brewer, subió 16 puntos luego de la promulgación de la nueva ley de inmigración del estado, (translation: Brewer's popularity shot up 16 points after the new law)

Or check out Milenio!!

Crece popularidad de gobernadora de Arizona tras firmar Ley SB1070 | Milenio.com (http://www.milenio.com/node/432373 - broken link)

Crece popularidad de gobernadora de Arizona tras firmar Ley SB1070 (governor's popularity grows after sb1070)
What's with your constant pointing at Mexico? Don't you think the local paper of where this is all going on is more important?

I swear, half of your posts are 'Well..well, look at Mexico!"
This is an American issue, dont forget it.

Voters are being manipulated!

We've seen people being manipulated into supporting things far worse. But it doesn't make it right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-02-2010, 05:28 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,144,640 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpayaso View Post
What's with your constant pointing at Mexico? Don't you think the local paper of where this is all going on is more important?

I swear, half of your posts are 'Well..well, look at Mexico!"
This is an American issue, dont forget it.

Voters are being manipulated!

We've seen people being manipulated into supporting things far worse. But it doesn't make it right.
You mean like how Obama manipulated you advocates for illegal aliens by promising amensty? Pot, kettle, black.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-02-2010, 05:28 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,690,207 times
Reputation: 22158
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpayaso View Post
What's with your constant pointing at Mexico? Don't you think the local paper of where this is all going on is more important?

I swear, half of your posts are 'Well..well, look at Mexico!"
This is an American issue, dont forget it.

Voters are being manipulated!

We've seen people being manipulated into supporting things far worse. But it doesn't make it right.
Actually the Mexican news is generally reporting the news, not trying to shape it like you see some of the leftist media in the USA doing.

Not nearly as hysteric wouldn't you agree? Just read what some of the Mexican news sources are reporting, simply that the popularity of the governor shot up and that more Americans support the law more than that don't.

That's how news media should be. Simply reporting, not trying to make.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-02-2010, 05:31 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,690,207 times
Reputation: 22158
You have to admit it's curious how that one paper you posted on is actually trying to stir up hysteria but fails to actually report anything about the polls and American reaction. Yet - go to Mexico and they're being reporters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-02-2010, 05:31 PM
 
313 posts, read 295,088 times
Reputation: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Actually the Mexican news is generally reporting the news, not trying to shape it like you see some of the leftist media in the USA doing.

Not nearly as hysteric wouldn't you agree? Just read what some of the Mexican news sources are reporting, simply that the popularity of the governor shot up and that more Americans support the law more than that don't.

That's how news media should be. Simply reporting, not trying to make.
Can you say the same about your posts?
You commend Mexican newspapers, and yet you preach on about the general agenda of Mexican people.

Why cant you discuss what's happening in our country, without the constant commentary on the Mexican social scene?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-02-2010, 06:10 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,611,035 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpayaso View Post
Ariz.'s largest paper: Pols failed on immigration - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100502/ap_on_re_us/us_immigration_enforcement_5 - broken link)



The Republic isn't exactly a left leaning newspaper. Yay for common sense without pandering to Arizona's misled.
Does it matter? Most of us Americans want illegal aliens out of the USA using any (legal) means necessary.

Just read the Comments sections in the Arizona Republic-----------they are about 7-1 AGAINST illegal immigration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-02-2010, 06:12 PM
 
313 posts, read 295,088 times
Reputation: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Does it matter? Most of us Americans want illegal aliens out of the USA using any (legal) means necessary.

Just read the Comments sections in the Arizona Republic-----------they are about 7-1 AGAINST illegal immigration.
Denial isn't a river in Egypt. When people are told they are being manipulated by politicians, they will probably react violently defensive.

Yes, Arizona Bear, it does matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-06-2010, 09:59 PM
 
436 posts, read 751,095 times
Reputation: 214
I am so glad AZ has the guts to do the governments job, oh and it is so funny when they say immigrants and leave out the illegal part. I find it so amusing that if you are not in favor of illegals you are a recast so how is illegal a race?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top