Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 03:19 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,826,173 times

Advertisements

America has been on its "course of change" since its inception.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2010, 03:23 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,409,927 times
The Government both parties, should of done something about this mess long before now, we should not even be having this discussion.

Yes i agree somethign needs to be done but now, can't expect this problem to get fixed, if our elected officials don't give a damn, guess what they don't!

We do not need any more people coming here, we have our hands filled with the people already here, but all people must be legal.

I don't understand those in power, are they not suppose to uphold the laws, well in their book is illegal acceptable, i have a hard time with this, a really hard time.

Old 12-16-2010, 04:38 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,182,754 times
It should be primarily people who are from the United States of America.

Old 12-16-2010, 05:16 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,297,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingler View Post
American racial makeup is going to change in the next 100 years and the decision of today's Congress will effect our Country for the next 1000 years. Much of our Country in 100 years will be the offspring of immigrants who will be coming into America due to the soon to be passed Immigration Bill. (Yes, something will be passed and it will flood the country with IMMIGRANTS)

Should Congress allow more people to immigrate to America from Asia, Africa or Latin America? Currently 2/3 of the world's population is from Asia, so should they get 2/3 of the slots? Or should we allow more people from Latin America because it is more practical because they are speaking a language that people already know in many cases?

What would be the pros and cons of each?
This is a very strange question, if you ask me. Not saying it is wrong to ask, but, there's just something wrong about it. LOL

Old 12-16-2010, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Stopping Immigration sounds like a good idea, but it is not going to happen. My question still stands: Should Hispanics still dominate the immigration into America. How about Asians, Africans? Who should the new America be?
See, I don't think we need to even be thinking about race like that. I just don't think we should even entertain the idea of giving people a pass or giving them special consideration just because of their race. I just can't get with this. People who get to come here, live and work should first come here legally and after they get here, the sky is the limit for them. That's how America has always been.

Old 12-16-2010, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollies mom View Post
America should be made up of people whose first priority is the good of this country, whether they were born here or came thru from LEGAL immigration without prejudice to color, religion or anything else. Those who came here illegally should be disqualified as they showed they don't respect this country, her people or her laws. I don't favor any one group or race in this effort and only would wish for their major priority be to "be an American" which means assimilating into this culture and not trying to change it, obeying our laws and be willing to fight for them and not asking for handouts or tearing down our customs. They should come to escape their old way of life and not to change ours or our country in any way.
That pretty much sums it up for me.

Old 12-16-2010, 06:38 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,565,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
This is a very strange question, if you ask me. Not saying it is wrong to ask, but, there's just something wrong about it. LOL
I know what's wrong with it.

The assumption is that whites are going away but who do whites wish to have replace them. The assumption is that whites would want those who are brown and not black or Asian. Somehow the La Raza types believe that whites would accept that if the USA cannot be all white, they can accept it will be all hispanic (which isn't even a race to begin with).

The USA has never been an all-white country in the first place. It's been a mix of races since the start. Sure the pilgrims who came here might have been all white - but that wasn't the USA. By the time the USA was formed, it was quite a few ethnicities and races, including the Indians who are US citizens as well as the rest.

Old 12-16-2010, 06:57 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,289,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
America has been on its "course of change" since its inception.
Perhaps somewhat but we have mostly been a melting pot while still retaining our natural identity. A "course of change" that includes illegal immigration from mostly one ethnic group is not "natural" nor desirable.

Old 12-18-2010, 11:13 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,565,345 times
Yes - let's stay with melting pot, integrated USA. It's the way it's always been and should have been where it was not.

We don't need immigrants from just one part of the world or one country if we need immigrants. Immigration shouldn't be about bringing all of Central or Latin America here and making us a Latin American nation. It shoudn't be just about easy money. Immigration should be about people who truly want to be part of this country, part of the American people, people who want to learn our language, our history and our culture.

Old 12-19-2010, 10:43 AM

683 posts, read 1,466,174 times
Quote:
American racial makeup is going to change in the next 100 years and the decision of today's Congress will effect our Country for the next 1000 years. Much of our Country in 100 years will be the offspring of immigrants who will be coming into America due to the soon to be passed Immigration Bill. (Yes, something will be passed and it will flood the country with IMMIGRANTS)

Should Congress allow more people to immigrate to America from Asia, Africa or Latin America? Currently 2/3 of the world's population is from Asia, so should they get 2/3 of the slots? Or should we allow more people from Latin America because it is more practical because they are speaking a language that people already know in many cases?

What would be the pros and cons of each?

Anglo America is the most multiracial region on earth. Latín Americans relocate to europe when they want to relocate to a better place. It is the Mexican group the one that is trying to conquer the usa. And sadly, they are the type of Americanos that have the highest percent of Amerindian blood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration