Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 06:55 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times

Advertisements

I think it's foolish to claim that a caucasian stopped with no drivers license, no proof of insurance and unable to answer any question in English isn't going to be questioned on citizenship.

Those who claim the Russian speaking caucasian is not going to be treated like any other foreigner are just trying to be a drama queens.

Same for an African who can't speak a word of English and has no drivers license.

The open borders side wants nothing at all done to limit immigration. Nothing - they'd be just as hysteric over ICE showing up at work places to check that employees are legal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2010, 06:58 AM

77 posts, read 183,877 times
I actaully support putting troops on the border. Fight the drug cartels not Latinos in Arizona.

Old 05-03-2010, 07:03 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,316,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I think it's foolish to claim that a caucasian stopped with no drivers license, no proof of insurance and unable to answer any question in English isn't going to be questioned on citizenship.

Those who claim the Russian speaking caucasian is not going to be treated like any other foreigner are just trying to be a drama queens.

Same for an African who can't speak a word of English and has no drivers license.

The open borders side wants nothing at all done to limit immigration. Nothing - they'd be just as hysteric over ICE showing up at work places to check that employees are legal.
They already do get hysterical when ICE shows up and raids workplaces. They must think we are dumb to not know what their agenda is because every attempt by LE at seeking out illegal aliens in our country is met with objection by them. What kind of Americans are these anyway?

Old 05-03-2010, 07:07 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
They are constantly going to stop brown people. As I have said before, I have family that have already been affected by this.

A green card? Really? See now I dont believe you. We havent had green cards in, I dont know how many years. I would say, at least a decade. They got rid of those.
Wha?

All legal aliens have to carry their "papers" or green card, whatever you want to call it.

The Arizona law mirrors the federal law - what's the problem?

Old 05-03-2010, 07:11 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,061,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Wha?

All legal aliens have to carry their "papers" or green card, whatever you want to call it.

The Arizona law mirrors the federal law - what's the problem?
The problem is that Arizona seems bent on actually ENFORCING the law. Now, we can't have that going on. Next thing you know they'll be building their own fence.

GO ARIZONA!!!

Old 05-03-2010, 12:19 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,839,560 times
Quote:
People do not need to be harassed like this because of their skin color. You wont see Caucasians being stopped to show proof...lets get real. This is yet another useless law that will not target the real problem.
Honey, I'm as white as the driven snow, but if I get pulled over for possible cause, as soon as I open my mouth you just gotta know I'm not a native born American.

So yes, if I was in Az and this happened or in any other state that follows the federal law, I am prepared to be asked to show my immigration status, and I won't be surprised if that happens even after I take citizenship, because this accent doesn't seem to be going away.

Last edited by Opyelie; 05-03-2010 at 12:28 PM..

Old 05-03-2010, 12:24 PM

2,539 posts, read 4,086,371 times
I guess the police will have to do the same thing security does in the airports, stop white old men, old women and children instead of the terrorists!!

Old 05-03-2010, 12:27 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,839,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
They already do get hysterical when ICE shows up and raids workplaces. They must think we are dumb to not know what their agenda is because every attempt by LE at seeking out illegal aliens in our country is met with objection by them. What kind of Americans are these anyway?
We also have hysteria regarding illegals being scared to try to get to work because of possible ICE actions. Gosh, they can't get to a job they shouldn't even have? My heart bleeds for them.

If they're here illegally they SHOULD be scared to move freely about a country not their own.

So once again, where's the issue?

Old 05-03-2010, 12:29 PM

8,615 posts, read 10,143,894 times
Quote:
Not really. A valid ID is no longer enough. They may even ask that you provide your birth certificate as well. But if you are Caucasian, no problem, you get a salute and no questions asked. Its okay as long as its not you being constantly stopped, right?
Make up your mind. You state that a valid ID is no longer enough, then go on to state that they may even ask that you provide your birth certificate as well. Didn't you mean that a valid ID may no longer be enough?

Old 05-03-2010, 12:47 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,843,463 times
You Don't Speak For Me

YouTube - HISPANIC AMERICANS STAND AGAINST ILLEGAL ALIENS !!!

YouTube - Gabriella Speaks City Council Meeting April 27, 2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VZByyV7gIs&feature=player_embedded#!

YouTube - Tampa Tea Party 2010 Ana Puig (part 2)

YouTube - Tampa Tea Party 2010 Ana Puig (part3)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration