U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 03:40 PM

2,207 posts, read 1,307,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Well, we were forewarned during the initial protest in Arizona by the “alleged” illegal who said, “We will fight you.” I will be very surprised if illegals and their supporters do not become increasingly violent as they watch their dreams dissipate. I also read on another forum that a group of anti-illegals were attacked by pro-illegals. I’m not sure if the assailants were illegals, or their supporters, or both.
The point is it is getting violent and not by anti-illegals from what I see. In fact, it was greatly discouraged to go to any of these rallies of protest to counter protest due to the volatile nature these marches seem to usually wind up being. Yes, others were attacked as well as businesses. I've posted some of it in the Pictures paint a thousand words thread.

Old 05-03-2010, 05:01 PM

9,875 posts, read 6,972,830 times
Dumbs--t anarchist street kids have been causing problems in downtown Santa Cruz for years...From what I heard from my family down in Santa Cruz this was a disorganized protest--in which most couldn't figure out what they were marhcing about (illegal immigration, UC regents, anarchism, etc) or if it was just a street party that got out of control. From the video I saw it was a few black clad kids with a penchant for vandalism that did most of the damage during the march---and the grafitti they left was anarchist in nature, no mention of illegal immigration. This same stupidity happens every so often, mostly as a result of the street kids and UCSC student transplants in Santa Cruz. I doubt this really had anything to really do about immigration...

Of course this post will get ignored and everyone will keep talking about illegal aliens on this thread.

Last edited by Deezus; 05-03-2010 at 05:28 PM..

Old 05-03-2010, 05:21 PM

2,007 posts, read 1,274,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
Dumbs--t anarchist street kids have been causing problems in downtown Santa Cruz for years...From what I heard from my family down in Santa Cruz this was a disorganized protest--in which most couldn't figure out what they were protesting(illegal immigration, UC regents, anarchism, etc) or if it was just a street party that got out of control. From the video I saw it was a few black clad kids with a penchant for vandalism that did most of the damage during the march---and the grafitti they left was anarchist in nature, no mention of illegal immigration. This same stupidity happens every so often, mostly as a result of the street kids and UCSC student transplants in Santa Cruz. I doubt this really had anything to really do about immigration...

Of course this post will get ignored and everyone will keep talking about illegal aliens on this thread.
That's because this is the illegal immigration forum, not the anarchy forum.

Old 05-03-2010, 05:26 PM

2,014 posts, read 3,367,233 times
FBI states that it was not a pro immigration rally, nor a pro illegal or illegal immigration rally.
FBI was a rally for international worker solidarity, that was hijacked by 10 or 12 anarchists.

Not that the AZ law supporters won't crow about this proving the need for the AZ law. Heck lets take this further, the Times Square Car bomb shows that the AZ immigration law is needed...... right?

Old 05-03-2010, 05:29 PM

12,792 posts, read 8,730,792 times
I read about this, seems as though they are anarchists - they have aligned themselves with the "illegal alien cause". Those guys sit on the far far left and wear masks to these demonstrations, carrying communist flags, wearing che guevara t-shirts and Arafat scarves.

Old 05-03-2010, 05:39 PM

41,699 posts, read 45,027,050 times
We need to start building more prison instead of dams like ithe depression to strimlulate the economy .

Old 05-03-2010, 05:50 PM

3,394 posts, read 2,505,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
Dumbs--t anarchist street kids have been causing problems in downtown Santa Cruz for years...From what I heard from my family down in Santa Cruz this was a disorganized protest--in which most couldn't figure out what they were marhcing about (illegal immigration, UC regents, anarchism, etc) or if it was just a street party that got out of control. From the video I saw it was a few black clad kids with a penchant for vandalism that did most of the damage during the march---and the grafitti they left was anarchist in nature, no mention of illegal immigration. This same stupidity happens every so often, mostly as a result of the street kids and UCSC student transplants in Santa Cruz. I doubt this really had anything to really do about immigration...

I bolded, italicized, and underlined the part of your post I wanted to bring to attention.

Being PRO-ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION is in itself promoting anarchy.

Old 05-03-2010, 05:52 PM

3,394 posts, read 2,505,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarks View Post
FBI states that it was not a pro immigration rally, nor a pro illegal or illegal immigration rally.
FBI was a rally for international worker solidarity, that was hijacked by 10 or 12 anarchists.

Not that the AZ law supporters won't crow about this proving the need for the AZ law. Heck lets take this further, the Times Square Car bomb shows that the AZ immigration law is needed...... right?
What?

Post of the day folks. We have a winner!

Old 05-03-2010, 06:27 PM

9,875 posts, read 6,972,830 times
This is the link to the announcement for the street party that resulted in the rioting...there is no mention of immigration anywhere.

May Day Street Party - Downtown Santa Cruz : Indybay

Here's a quote from a local news source published today about arrests related to the riot:
Quote:
Police said Saturday's protest was not related to earlier, peaceful protests in support of immigrant worker rights.
2 Arrested In Santa Cruz May Day Riot - Central Coast News Story - KSBW The Central Coast (http://www.ksbw.com/news/23436202/detail.html - broken link)

Here is a blogger who witnessed and filmed the event firsthand...
Street Party Turns Violent – Santa Cruz Riot of May 2010 « kill cactus! A Bay Area Student's Blog

I had friends who were in downtown Santa Cruz the night of the riots and they informed me that they saw no mention of immigration from any of the protesters--that this was basically a riot caused by a few transient anarchist losers...

You people who never even heard of Santa Cruz until yesterday can try to spin this anyway you like--but trying to call this an immigration rally that led to violence is a mischaracterization.

Old 05-03-2010, 06:41 PM

2,014 posts, read 3,367,233 times
apparently irony is not understood by some, right Buzzpost?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration