U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-03-2010, 09:57 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Reputation: 3028

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works. - Alfredo Gutierrez
Absolutely! Clearly lacking a legitimate reason to oppose this law, illegal alien peddlers have launched an all-out war intended to vilify each and every anti-illegal group. FAIR is now one of the primary targets of the SPLC, whose leaders profit from hate. Expect more of the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-03-2010, 11:16 AM
 
4,272 posts, read 7,887,141 times
Reputation: 1552
Which identification? When?

When driving one needs a driver's license, but driver's licenses are not proof of citizenship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmikeman View Post
Good post!
American citizens are required by law to have identification on them. So if your an illegal citizen go throught the proper channels and quit crying. If you want proper protection from the USA then become a citizen. Remember, the Constitution is for Americans only.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-03-2010, 11:26 AM
 
458 posts, read 647,675 times
Reputation: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicman View Post
Which identification? When?
Very true but I never said drivers license I said ID (identification). Besides, a driver’s license is a form of state "ID".

To stay on topic the claim is, a racist "hate" group is behind the law. This is absurd, I guess when a law is passed that offends a group whose majority is of a particular race can be considered racist then we as Americans have a ton of "race-hate" based laws on the books. The new health care law is the biggest one. I won't do the numbers cause we all can see the plain writing on the walls. Which race has the most employed? which race has the most unemployed? Now make the employed race pay for the unemployed race's health-care. We can twist this around in all sort of directions with non of us being happy. So, is the new AZ law race hate based? of course not.
If being asked by the local law enforcement for a form of ID to prove you are a citizen in an area that is filled with illegal immigrants is a problem than the only conclusion is you are an illegal citizen. Legal immigrants have gone through the tiresome ordeal and have "papers"/ proof of citizenship or a lawful entry green cards.

Last edited by mrmikeman; 05-03-2010 at 11:56 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-03-2010, 11:30 AM
 
8,581 posts, read 8,925,635 times
Reputation: 2382
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
The Racist Hate Group Behind Arizona's New Immigration Law - Arizona - Gawker

There you have it! For those of you calling those of us against the new bill, " ignorant to the new law", here is the truth.

How is that saying go..."And the truth shall set you free."

I want to clarify, that I am not calling everyone for the law a racist, but to look deeper and see that there is more than meets the eye. Look at its foundation...please people.
The bottom line is, if you are here legally and have your green card and are not breaking any law you have nothing to worry about. Nothing racist or hateful about that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-03-2010, 11:48 AM
 
Location: ...at a 3AM epiphany
2,206 posts, read 2,138,154 times
Reputation: 453
There is nothing racist about the law, there are those who will continue to ignore this and pound against it. Simple as that. Time to move onto deportation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-03-2010, 12:29 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicman View Post
Which identification? When?

When driving one needs a driver's license, but driver's licenses are not proof of citizenship.
Again, a valid DL will take away the necessity to suspect one is in the country illegally. The "reasonable suspicion" will no longer exist then. Why is it so hard for the pro-illegals to grasp that simple concept?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-03-2010, 07:59 PM
 
17 posts, read 8,445 times
Reputation: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Again, a valid DL will take away the necessity to suspect one is in the country illegally. The "reasonable suspicion" will no longer exist then. Why is it so hard for the pro-illegals to grasp that simple concept?


did the native americans asked asked the spaniards or the pilgrims for papers? I think this is a lot of hypocrisy. We will keep our "liberties" like the " founding fathers" meant it to be....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-03-2010, 08:05 PM
 
Location: San Diego North County
4,800 posts, read 7,689,216 times
Reputation: 3010
Quote:
Originally Posted by raui View Post
did the native americans asked asked the spaniards or the pilgrims for papers? I think this is a lot of hypocrisy. We will keep our "liberties" like the " founding fathers" meant it to be....
Yeah, too bad the Native Americans had no immigration laws and no way to enforce them if they had. Perhaps history would have been written in a completely different way.

However, now the United States is a sovereign country with a duty and a right to determine who comes into this country and to protect its borders.

Currently, it is failing miserably, but at least Arizona has grown a backbone.

Your argument = fail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-03-2010, 08:42 PM
 
17 posts, read 8,445 times
Reputation: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Yeah, too bad the Native Americans had no immigration laws and no way to enforce them if they had. Perhaps history would have been written in a completely different way.

However, now the United States is a sovereign country with a duty and a right to determine who comes into this country and to protect its borders.

Currently, it is failing miserably, but at least Arizona has grown a backbone.

Your argument = fail.

It looks like the redical racists got more than what they bargained for, with demonstrations and censure from all walks of life in our society, which will hinder future attempts to oppress people.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-03-2010, 08:46 PM
 
Location: San Diego North County
4,800 posts, read 7,689,216 times
Reputation: 3010
Quote:
Originally Posted by raui View Post
It looks like the redical racists got more than what they bargained for, with demonstrations and censure from all walks of life in our society, which will hinder future attempts to oppress people.....
No, actually it is looking as if the law will stand up to Constitutional scrutiny.

Such is life!

No goodies for law breakers!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top