Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 11:37 AM

50,281 posts, read 47,032,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
i too doubt this is a real sign. i dont think they are that stupid to march with that. and i dont think other marches would have allowed such a sign.
Well, the first march last year (whenever it was) didn't go over so well with the Mexican flags and upside down American flags. There are people out there that stupid. The sign looks bogus but there are indeed people stupid enough to do it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2010, 11:39 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,258,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
What did you mean by this?
Re-read the last sentence of my post. It is self explanatory

Old 05-03-2010, 11:41 AM

313 posts, read 344,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Well, the first march last year (whenever it was) didn't go over so well with the Mexican flags and upside down American flags. There are people out there that stupid. The sign looks bogus but there are indeed people stupid enough to do it.
Yeah, let's not saying anything about the guy who forged it, let's make some baseless claim that people are thinking it anyway. So in a way, the hoaxer is actually doing us a favor, by reading their minds, and putting it into a photo so we can see what they're thinking too.

Old 05-03-2010, 11:45 AM

2,205 posts, read 2,536,167 times
I have no idea if this is a real sign or not, I'm not a graphics expert, no one in here claims to be a seasoned journalist either yet we post articles from all over. Opinions are just that, just like all the articles we find. Fact is I see the sign and it speaks volumes to me and it ain't pretty.

Old 05-03-2010, 11:51 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,317,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
One more Hoax by the Haters........What did you expect
You know I think it is a phoney photo also but there is no need to demonize all anti's for the idiotic tactics of a few. I have seen some of these types of tactics used by the pro-illegals also. Calling anti-illegals haters is out of line also. Shouldn't we also call the pro-illegal advocates haters then? I mean one must really hate their country and their fellow citizens to welcome an illegal invasion of their own country, right?

Old 05-03-2010, 01:24 PM

313 posts, read 344,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
You know I think it is a phoney photo also but there is no need to demonize all anti's for the idiotic tactics of a few. I have seen some of these types of tactics used by the pro-illegals also. Calling anti-illegals haters is out of line also. Shouldn't we also call the pro-illegal advocates haters then? I mean one must really hate their country and their fellow citizens to welcome an illegal invasion of their own country, right?
This isn't always said about those who are pro-reform?

Old 05-03-2010, 02:58 PM

4,027 posts, read 7,289,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
Was what I posted a cartoon? No, and no one knows if this a true picture or not. To me, it looks legit considering the other evidence of their marches. And my argument is what? That illegal aliens are not really here for patriotism? Because they want to be American? They don't. How about looking around in the thousands of posts/pics showing otherwise not only in here but all over the net and at their marches, but you won't do that. Their own behavior speaks for itself.
It's not a real picture, it's not difficult to tell. The handwriting is not the same for one.

Old 05-03-2010, 03:02 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,371,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Hmm, the pic seems photoshopped to me. Seems the "give us the free healthcare poster" is just hanging in the air without anyone holding it up.
Not really. The top sign looks like it's made out of some sort of a canvas (you can see the framing along the bottom if you bother to look) and the other sign in red is a piece of paper attached to the bottom of the top sign. The hate and ignorance of that protester is not made up, he's very real.

Old 05-03-2010, 03:12 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,746,321 times
ALPAC has sent out an email stating that they have not verified whether or not this picture is photoshopped, so I would take it with a grain of salt. Kind of like the photoshopped signs of the Tea people and the typos that really were not there. So again, I would take it with a grain of salt. However the attacks in San Jose and the bay area against the counter protesters did take place and what a shame. I fear someone will get really badly hurt and hope this calms down.

Old 05-03-2010, 03:29 PM

2,205 posts, read 2,536,167 times
Thanks for the clarification from ALIPAC. Here are some other photos:
The May Day angry mob you won’t see

By Michelle Malkin • May 3, 2010 09:10 AM
http://michellemalkin.cachefly.net/michellemalkin.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/noborders.jpg (broken link)
Reconquista revolution without borders! (Photo credit: El Marco, Denver)
They came, they saw, they threatened or committed violence in the name of open borders and workers’ rights. But alas, Frank Rich and Paul Krugman’s columns decrying the insane rage and hate of the May Day angry mob got lost in the mail.
In Santa Cruz, they carried torches and vandalized at least 18 businesses:
Downtown business owners spent Sunday repairing shattered windows and doors after a May Day rally Saturday night turned into a riot with approximately 250 people marching along Pacific Avenue, some carrying makeshift torches, throwing large rocks and paint bombs, and spray-painting walls with graffiti.
At least 18 businesses suffered damage during the rally in honor of international workers that began at 9 p.m. and escalated into mayhem around 10:30 p.m., police said. Investigators estimated damage at $100,000, though some business owners said it could be more. No injuries were reported.
On Sunday, sea green-colored glass littered sidewalks where windows and glass doors had been smashed. Maintenance workers, many getting called in the middle of the night, boarded up windows with plywood until new sheets of glass could be installed.
The vandalized businesses included Urban Outfitters, Peet’s Coffee, Noah’s Bagels, Jamba Juice, Velvet Underground and Dell Williams Jewelers. The unoccupied Rittenhouse building also was damaged. A police car was vandalized with rocks and paint, department spokesman Zach Friend said.
In San Francisco, anti-illegal immigration activists were attacked by the May Day marchers:
LISA AMIN GULEZIAN, REPORTER: Allan, for the most part the event was peaceful, but just about an hour ago, three people were attacked and two others were arrested. The people who were assaulted were part of the Minutemen demonstration in favor of Arizona’s new immigration law.
They said a large group of immigrants’ rights supporters followed them to the BART station on Market Street and started punching and kicking them, and calling them names.
PARKER WILSON, BAY AREA ANARCHIST: They said we were racists, and that we were against them, and against their town, and against San Francisco, and what they were saying. They said we needed to get out and they called us racists, and that we need to go home. And then they just attacked my friends and me.

http://michellemalkin.cachefly.net/michellemalkin.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/ZZ1CDF8D96.jpg (broken link)
http://michellemalkin.cachefly.net/michellemalkin.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/pilgrim.jpg (broken link)
http://michellemalkin.cachefly.net/michellemalkin.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/ZZ7B220459.jpg (broken link)
http://michellemalkin.cachefly.net/michellemalkin.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/ZZ4A604E16.jpg (broken link)
http://michellemalkin.cachefly.net/michellemalkin.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/noborders2.jpg (broken link)

There are more at this link.
Michelle Malkin » The May Day angry mob you won’t see
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration