U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 07:36 PM

1,222 posts, read 3,286,120 times

Advertisements

Ok, if you meant ILLEGAL immigrants, I understand and respect your opinions about those laws. But it wasn't mentioned they were ILLEGALS, just IMMIGRANTS.

I didn't think ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS could do all those things. Isn't that just their problem: that they can't do anything but hide? It is in my country: Illegal means hide. When found, you're out. No running for office, no voting, no nothing. They have not come into the country in a "correct" way.
That's why they are called illegals.

But I know enough English to be able to say that with those explanations/words you said that the laws would apply to ALL NON-BORN AMERICANS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2007, 07:53 PM

1,222 posts, read 3,286,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
/.../and demand that we be taken care of by its citizens and that English be spoken for our convenience.
Yes, you do. The rest of the world has to learn English, but you don't need to learn ANY other language. So don't say anything else than that we have to speak English with you for your convenience.

Quote:
4. What other nation in the world is supporting 20 million illegal invaders to the tune of BILLIONS and BILLIONS of dollars per year on the backs of its legal citizens? NONE!!!!
Not that many, but neither do we have the same budget. So considering our size: we do the same.
We have the same problems- mostly Iraqies. Who caused that problem? Sure wasn't us!

Quote:
This one is on me...Anchor baby citizenship--no other country in the world gives citizenship to the children of foreign nationals simply for being born on their sovereign soil. The 14th amendment to the Constitution has been severely used and abused by these people. It needs to stop.
WE DO!!! Don't think you are any different. We do just the same. Not because of any constitution, but because our government thinks it's the right thing to do, and humane.

Quote:
No wonder the Scandanavian countries are in danger of becoming Islamofacist if this is the attitude of your citizens. Americans aren't forcing ourselves on our nearest neighbors demanding that their taxpayers support us and our anchor babies. Why should we be forced to accept the same from other countries?
It is not our attitude that ILLEGALS should be able to do these things. But I do think we are being better humans since we do not adress people as:
anchor babies.
They are LEGAL IMMIGRANTS by law - shouldn't you then treat them with some respect, no matter what legal state their parents have?

Do not believe the US is the only country with illegal immigration problems. Almost EVERY country in the world have them, and just as devastating as yours.

And the Scandinavian countries are NOT in ANY danger of becoming Ilsamofacist. That is a un-grounded statement.
And may I point out that I am from Sweden, not Denmark, nor Norway nor Iceland.
So do not try to apply MY thoughts to those of my whole people, nor those of my neighbour countries.
You wouldn't want us do the same to you, would you?

Old 06-13-2007, 08:08 PM

44,564 posts, read 43,103,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post
1. There will be NO special bilingual programs in the schools, NO
special ballots for elections, and all government business will be
conducted in our language.

2. Foreigners will NOT have the right to vote, no matter how long
they are here.

3. Foreigners will NEVER be able to hold political office.

4 Foreigners will NOT be a burden to the taxpayers. No welfare, NO
food stamps, NO health care, nor any other government assistance programs.

5. Foreigners can invest in this country, but it must be an amount
equal to 40,000 times the daily minimum wage.

6. If foreigners do come and want to buy land that will be okay, BUT options will be restricted. You are NOT allowed to own waterfront
property. That property is reserved for citizens naturally born into this country.

7. Foreigners may NOT protest; NO demonstrations, NO waving a foreign flag, NO political organizing, NO "bad-mouthing" our president or his policies. If you do you will be sent home.

8. If you do come to this country illegally, you will be hunted down and sent straight to jail.

Harsh, you say ? What would you think of these new laws ?

Those sound like unfair laws. If a foreign person has done all of the work(coming here legally) to become a USA citizen, shouldn't he or she be entitled to the same rights as everyone else? Why not punish the people who came here illegally and reward the people who came legally?

Old 06-13-2007, 08:25 PM

44,564 posts, read 43,103,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweden View Post
Yes, you do. The rest of the world has to learn English, but you don't need to learn ANY other language. So don't say anything else than that we have to speak English with you for your convenience.

Not that many, but neither do we have the same budget. So considering our size: we do the same.
We have the same problems- mostly Iraqies. Who caused that problem? Sure wasn't us!

WE DO!!! Don't think you are any different. We do just the same. Not because of any constitution, but because our government thinks it's the right thing to do, and humane.

It is not our attitude that ILLEGALS should be able to do these things. But I do think we are being better humans since we do not adress people as:
anchor babies.
They are LEGAL IMMIGRANTS by law - shouldn't you then treat them with some respect, no matter what legal state their parents have?

Do not believe the US is the only country with illegal immigration problems. Almost EVERY country in the world have them, and just as devastating as yours.

And the Scandinavian countries are NOT in ANY danger of becoming Ilsamofacist. That is a un-grounded statement.
And may I point out that I am from Sweden, not Denmark, nor Norway nor Iceland.
So do not try to apply MY thoughts to those of my whole people, nor those of my neighbour countries.
You wouldn't want us do the same to you, would you?

I agree with the "citizenship jus solis", however, there should be regulation on that. If a person comes to the USA legally and then has her baby on USA soil, then that baby should be a citizen. That is just my thoughts.

Old 06-13-2007, 10:06 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,874,837 times
Good except for foreigners owning land, our land will be scarce all too soon.

Old 06-13-2007, 10:36 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,687,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweden View Post
Yes, you do. The rest of the world has to learn English, but you don't need to learn ANY other language. So don't say anything else than that we have to speak English with you for your convenience. English is not learned for the convenience of Americans. English is learned because somebody somewhere decided that all business as well as air traffic control should be conducted in English for expediency's sake. You cannot blame Americans for that. We are not the only English speaking country either. And while many Americans are satisfied knowing only English, it would be unfair to categorically state that all Americans are uninterested in learning another language. Personally, I am learning Spanish and Italian.

Not that many, but neither do we have the same budget. So considering our size: we do the same.We have the same problems- mostly Iraqies. Who caused that problem? Sure wasn't us! If your country suffers from an influx of illegal Iraqi immigrants, then blame your government for it's lack of enforcement. I know I blame mine for it's inability to enforce our borders. My ancestry on my father's side is in Norway and Sweden. I have relatives in both to whom I speak on a regular basis. You folks have been way too lenient with Islamic immigration for far too long and now it's coming back to bite you in the a**. You cannot blame the U.S. for that.

WE DO!!! Don't think you are any different. We do just the same. Not because of any constitution, but because our government thinks it's the right thing to do, and humane. There is no humanity in allowing people to come into your country and do the squat and drop at the expense of your taxpaying citizens. Perhaps you don't mind watching your every social service hit the skids, hospitals closing, schools that cannot perform even the most rudimentary aspects of education, 10.5 billion dollars of your state's budget (California), i.e.; 10.5 billion dollars of hard earned taxpayer dollars going to feed, clothe, and provide medical care for people in your country illegally, while their children spit on the education provided to them at taxpayer expense with an 80% drop out rate and their sex offenders, drug dealers, murderers and thieves fill your country's prisons to the tune of a very alarming 30% plus, but there are many of us here in the U.S. who do mind.

anchor babies. They are LEGAL IMMIGRANTS by law - shouldn't you then treat them with some respect, no matter what legal state their parents have? They are not legal immigrants. They are children born to foreign nationals while their parents were in this country in flagrant violation of sovereign U.S. law. There is nothing legal about that. The 14th Amendment was written to address the evils of slavery and to ensure citizenship to the progeny of African slaves brought to this country violently and completely against their will. How can you possibly compare their children to the chidren of those people who deliberately break the law to be here and then expect their children to ride into citizenship on the backs of Black America? I find that notion that illegal immigrant's children have a right to be intolerably racist. And I stand by my categorization of them as anchor babies, because that's what they are. They are the illegal immigrant's anchor into the U.S. social programs and welfare system.

Do not believe the US is the only country with illegal immigration problems. Almost EVERY country in the world have them, and just as devastating as yours. Sure they do. And how they chose to deal with it will determine the future of their own countries. Personally, I admire France's new leadership. He sees a big problem with illegal immigration in his country and how devastating it has been to the native French and to those who legally immigrated to France, and he's addressing it clearly, concisely, and with determination. Go France! I wish our elected representation had the gonads France has.

And the Scandinavian countries are NOT in ANY danger of becoming Ilsamofacist. That is a un-grounded statement. funny, that's not what my cousins have told me.And may I point out that I am from Sweden, not Denmark, nor Norway nor Iceland. So do not try to apply MY thoughts to those of my whole people, nor those of my neighbour countries. I'm well aware of the location of the Scandanavian countries. I am the grand daughter of legal Swedish and Norwegian immigrants. Thus I still have contact with people in both of those countries. I am pretty up to date on what is going on over there, straight from the proverbial horse's mouth

You wouldn't want us do the same to you, would you?You already have and continue to do so.
I am all for legal immigration. It is illegal immigration I have a problem with. I live in a country whose structure is based on the rule of law. When the rule of law fails, anarchy ensues. I love my country and I want the best for her, for her citizens, and for all those who love her enough to come here legally. But I do not now, nor will I ever, condone the actions of those who come to my country illegally, especially those who after sucking our social services dry, have the gall to march in our streets demanding that we give them even more rights than they've already stolen (along with American identities, American Social Security Numbers, American credit records...the list goes on).

Last edited by Kele; 06-13-2007 at 11:19 PM..

Old 06-14-2007, 12:32 PM

1,393 posts, read 2,490,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_evergreen View Post
Those sound like unfair laws. If a foreign person has done all of the work(coming here legally) to become a USA citizen, shouldn't he or she be entitled to the same rights as everyone else? Why not punish the people who came here illegally and reward the people who came legally?
So you really think these laws would be unfair ? I didn't come up with them, I am just passing them along...

Old 06-14-2007, 12:45 PM

3,861 posts, read 7,416,007 times
What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Old 06-14-2007, 01:02 PM

1,393 posts, read 2,490,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayoi View Post
What's good for the goose is good for the gander.
Who's the goose and who's the gander ?

Old 06-14-2007, 01:54 PM

3,861 posts, read 7,416,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post
Who's the goose and who's the gander ?
Just commenting on Mexico's hypocrisy. They can't really complain about us with immigration laws like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or