U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 07:46 PM

44,564 posts, read 43,103,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post
So you really think these laws would be unfair ? I didn't come up with them, I am just passing them along...

This is my idea:

Come legally. If one comes legally and becomes a citizen, one should be able to have the same rights as everyone else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2007, 07:58 PM

1,393 posts, read 2,490,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_evergreen View Post
This is my idea:

Come legally. If one comes legally and becomes a citizen, one should be able to have the same rights as everyone else.
Those new laws are Mexicos todays laws.....I think it is only fair that we treat their citizens the same as they treat our citizens....

Old 06-14-2007, 09:26 PM

398 posts, read 1,265,158 times
Quote:
This is my idea:

Is not as simple as that....to give the same rights to an immigrant, we must make sure first that it is a good immigrant, and that's exactly what our current system doesn't do. Today legal immigrants from south america, are people running from poverty, running from drug dealers, from terrorism, from political prosecution, etc...do they come here because their dream is to be Americans? NO. They come here only because USA is the closest rich country to come and leech.

If for any reason some day this country comes under attack, and we are loosing....how many of these immigrants would stay here?? 1%?, 2%? maybe at most. The rest "I'm going back to MY country"; you'll ask "And what about us? what about this land?" they will tell you "I don't know, this is not my country"

Old 06-14-2007, 09:46 PM

233 posts, read 389,677 times
Default No lies in this statement

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglecall View Post
Is not as simple as that....to give the same rights to an immigrant, we must make sure first that it is a good immigrant, and that's exactly what our current system doesn't do. Today legal immigrants from south america, are people running from poverty, running from drug dealers, from terrorism, from political prosecution, etc...do they come here because their dream is to be Americans? NO. They come here only because USA is the closest rich country to come and leech.

If for any reason some day this country comes under attack, and we are loosing....how many of these immigrants would stay here?? 1%?, 2%? maybe at most. The rest "I'm going back to MY country"; you'll ask "And what about us? what about this land?" they will tell you "I don't know, this is not my country"
__________________________________________________ _______________
Saw it first hand on 911 in NYC when I got into work and the whole illegal staff was rushing around trying to get all their money together and making plans to get outta the city because "you nasty Americans are going to be taught a lesson and we don't owe you people nothing" they were rooting for the guys that knocked down the towers! I don't know about anyone else but that was the day my attitude toward them being here changed, anyone who took any sense of happiness in the tragedy of that day doesn't belong in this country and I do anything I can to educate others on the way these people feel about us and this country. When push comes to shove I know we would NEVER be able to count on them............unless of course it was to aid and abet an enemy.

Old 06-14-2007, 11:55 PM

11,435 posts, read 15,943,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweden View Post
I believe them to be EXTREMELY harsh and unfair, especially since you Americans can do all these things in OTHER COUNTRIES and find that completely in order.
You would only cause more hate towards your country with those laws.
Sweden,

I met two of your countrymen when i was vacationing in costa rica. they said that muslim immigrants have taken over your downtown urban areas due to government aid going to them. How do you feel about that? Assuming that you are swedish born & raised, how do you feel about that?

Old 06-15-2007, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Those new laws are Mexicos todays laws.....I think it is only fair that we treat their citizens the same as they treat our citizens....
Just because those are the laws in Mexico doesn't mean we have to do the same in the USA. Why do you think so many immigrants(who come legally) want to come to the USA? They are not as free in their own country as they would be in the USA.

Old 06-15-2007, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Just because those are the laws in Mexico doesn't mean we have to do the same in the USA. Why do you think so many immigrants(who come legally) want to come to the USA? They are not as free in their own country as they would be in the USA.

You just don't get it and you never will..
Freedom is something you earn...not steal !

Old 06-15-2007, 07:11 PM

Quote:
You just don't get it and you never will..
Freedom is something you earn...not steal !
Stealing? Coming to this country illegally would be considered stealing. Coming to this country leagally and earning one's citizenship should entitle that person to the same rights as everyone else. If you weren't getting the freedom you needed in one place, wouldn't you work hard to live somewhere else where you could live freely? Why do you think the Amish came over here? Why do you think so many Cubans risked their lives to live in this country?

Old 06-15-2007, 07:17 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,687,743 times
Strangely enough, I think that the two of you are on the same side of this issue.

Texanborn, mr_evergreen is saying that if people come to this country legally and go through the citizenship process, then they should be allowed the same freedoms and rights as native born. I agree, naturalized Americans should not be treated as second class citizens.

mr_evergreen, I think that texanborn is only pointing out that the laws which were outlined at the beginning of this post are the current immigration laws of Mexico.

Now the two of you shake hands and make nice.

Old 06-15-2007, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Strangely enough, I think that the two of you are on the same side of this issue.

Texanborn, mr_evergreen is saying that if people come to this country legally and go through the citizenship process, then they should be allowed the same freedoms and rights as native born. I agree, naturalized Americans should not be treated as second class citizens.

mr_evergreen, I think that texanborn is only pointing out that the laws which were outlined at the beginning of this post are the current immigration laws of Mexico.

Now the two of you shake hands and make nice.
OK....LOL...If you go thru the process that is earning your right to be here...But when you cross those borders a night by sneaking in you don't earn any right to be here.....and you are stealing .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or