U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 03:06 PM

5,362 posts, read 7,076,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Agreed. The incessant reference to Nazi Germany is disgraceful. No one in this country is being branded, rounded up and shipped to concentration camps, starved, and gassed. It is an affront to all who suffered or died during the Holocaust. It is also a glaring indication of extreme desperation. It really needs to stop.
Agreed.

Old 05-03-2010, 03:15 PM

4,028 posts, read 6,236,381 times
Quote:
Agreed. The incessant reference to Nazi Germany is disgraceful. No one in this country is being branded, rounded up and shipped to concentration camps, starved, and gassed. It is an affront to all who suffered or died during the Holocaust. It is also a glaring indication of extreme desperation. It really needs to stop.
The desperation is on your part.

If you don't learn from your past you are bound to repeat it.

Ethnocentrism, Nationalism, Racism. It all comes down to fear mongering and hate. The Mexicans are scapegoats for bad times. But hey, it's better than taking responsibility and why change? It's just more of the "I've got mine **** you" mentality.

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send those, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"*

*Unless we need someone to blame or we let hate get the best of us.

Old 05-03-2010, 03:21 PM

5,362 posts, read 7,076,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post

Ethnocentrism, Nationalism, Racism. It all comes down to fear mongering and hate. The Mexicans are scapegoats for bad times. But hey, it's better than taking responsibility and why change? It's just more of the "I've got mine **** you" mentality.

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send those, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"*

Mexicans live in Mexico. When one enters the U.S. legally, they are known as Americans (or U.S. citizens).

Old 05-03-2010, 03:33 PM

4,028 posts, read 6,236,381 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Mexicans live in Mexico. When one enters the U.S. legally, they are known as Americans (or U.S. citizens).
No, I've been joking this whole time, I'm really a Republican in full support of this bill. Actually, I'm part of the Minutemen. There is nothing better then spending the holy day drinking a beer and hopefully shooting some Mexicans. I think it's what God would want.

Want to see my gun?:

This one is to disguise it with my beer so I can lure the Mexicans up to me and then take care of business.

Old 05-03-2010, 03:37 PM

32,926 posts, read 30,173,166 times
Quote:

Responsibility? As in not having children you cannot feed? Being responsible and not breaking other Nation's laws that you enter illegally? Not using resources that are meant for Citizens of that Country.

It's a mentallity of a professional victim. There is no scape goat here when with cold hard facts we can prove they have broken laws and used resources that aren't theirs. If they need to "blame" someone they can look into a mirror.

Old 05-03-2010, 03:40 PM

1,213 posts, read 1,399,780 times
Quote:
I prefer references to Stalin's communist Russia totalitarianism because it embarrasses the leftist communist/marxist amnesty democrats.

Old 05-03-2010, 04:49 PM

1,098 posts, read 1,543,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpayaso View Post
And yet I doubt you'll agree with this part. Few of you actually read your articles.

And yet I doubt you'll agree with this part. You actually don't appear to have read the entire article either.

Quote:
Luis said he recognizes there is an immigration problem, and that if the only way to fix it is to deport people like him, that's a fact he has to face.

"We're just tired," he said. "We've been here for 15 years, and if they really don't want us here, then we'll go."

Old 05-03-2010, 05:01 PM

1,038 posts, read 1,033,448 times
Under the law, unless the journalist of this piece has forwarded this information to the authorities, the journalist of this piece should be prosecuted for concealing the identity of illegal immigrants. Want to bet she didn't alert the authorities

Old 05-03-2010, 05:22 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,168,220 times
Quote:

Nazi Germany is not OUR history so get that straight! Ethnocentricism? That would be the description of most illegal alien advocates and so would racism.

We don't need any scapegoats. Illegal immigration is against the law and has done it's damage all on its own. It isn't good whether times are good or bad.

Fear mongering? You mean like the fear mongering going on among the pro-illegal advocates over the new Arizona law aka as phoney racial profiling? Hate? Is it wrong to hate the fact that our country has been invaded by millions of illegal aliens? I don't think so. The hate is on the pro-illegal side. Hate of one's own country, it's laws and its citizens.

I've got mine? What does that mean? The poem on the Statue of Liberty was placed there when we were a wide open frontier with a small population. We have reached a population of over 300 million now and we can no longer take in the world's poor in unlimited numbers. That is why we have immigration laws today. You pro-illegals sure like to fling around the word hate, don't you? The hate is pouring out through your own pours from the venom you just posted.

Old 05-03-2010, 05:29 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,700,585 times
Quote:
Absolutely agreed!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration