U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 04:38 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,686,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
The desperation is on your part.

If you don't learn from your past you are bound to repeat it.

Ethnocentrism, Nationalism, Racism. It all comes down to fear mongering and hate. The Mexicans are scapegoats for bad times. But hey, it's better than taking responsibility and why change? It's just more of the "I've got mine **** you" mentality.

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send those, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"*

*Unless we need someone to blame or we let hate get the best of us.
The quote on the Statue of Liberty used to greet LEGAL immigrants as they came through to Ellis Island. Illegal immigration and the entitlement attitude it brings with it is a slap in the face to every person who ever respected and followed the laws of the United States by emigrating to this country legally.

The United States of America welcomes more legal immigrants every year than all other countries in the world combined. There are legal avenues of immigration to this country and any person who wishes to come here needs to follow them.

You and those of your ilk are the ones who insist on making this a racial issue. It is not a racial issue. It is an issue of law and whether or not any sovereign country has the duty and the right, to secure its borders and to determine who is allowed to come into the country.

The hate and the blame game is coming from the pro-illegal alien camp. You are the ones who insist that the face of illegal immigration must be strictly from south of the border and in your haste to point the finger of racism at any and all who disagree with your agenda, never even realize that the only ethnocentrism, hatred, and racial inflammation in this debate is your own.

Old 05-03-2010, 05:30 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,041,880 times
Quote:
No, I've been joking this whole time, I'm really a Republican in full support of this bill. Actually, I'm part of the Minutemen. There is nothing better then spending the holy day drinking a beer and hopefully shooting some Mexicans. I think it's what God would want.

Want to see my gun?:

This one is to disguise it with my beer so I can lure the Mexicans up to me and then take care of business.
I wasn't aware that the minutemen shoot anyone, I was under the impression that they monitor the border and report illegal crossing to border patrol, and are then ridiculously labeled racist nazi murderers by flaming left lib wackjobs for volunteering their time to protect their own country.....thanks for showing me the light, I find you posts oh so insightful and helpful.

Old 05-03-2010, 06:55 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,807,269 times
Quote:
The desperation is on your part.

If you don't learn from your past you are bound to repeat it.

Ethnocentrism, Nationalism, Racism. It all comes down to fear mongering and hate. The Mexicans are scapegoats for bad times. But hey, it's better than taking responsibility and why change? It's just more of the "I've got mine **** you" mentality.

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send those, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"*

*Unless we need someone to blame or we let hate get the best of us.
Quote:
No, I've been joking this whole time, I'm really a Republican in full support of this bill. Actually, I'm part of the Minutemen. There is nothing better then spending the holy day drinking a beer and hopefully shooting some Mexicans. I think it's what God would want.

Want to see my gun?:

This one is to disguise it with my beer so I can lure the Mexicans up to me and then take care of business.
Perhaps you can explain how opposition to illegal immigration, in and of itself, equates to ethnocentrism, nationalism, and racism. Do you even know why you are spewing these baseless accusations; or, are you as so many others, simply following script?

While you’re at it, perhaps you will also explain why it is a moral imperative for the citizens of this country to share benefits, services, and resources with people who are here illegally. Otherwise, according to you, we are narcissists.

If you would be so kind, please also enlighten us to exactly what we should be “responsible” for, and why we should change.

I challenge you to clearly delineate the inherent correlation between opposition to illegal immigration and each and every bolded accusation in your post. Explain to us why it is impossible to oppose illegal immigration without also being hate-filled, fear mongering, bigoted, anti-Mexican narcissists.

If you decline my challenge, you need to cease and desist all attempts to vilify opponents of illegal immigration. Because, you will have proven to all, that you have absolutely nothing substantive to support your noxious rants. Take your time.

Old 05-03-2010, 06:59 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,807,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
The quote on the Statue of Liberty used to greet LEGAL immigrants as they came through to Ellis Island. Illegal immigration and the entitlement attitude it brings with it is a slap in the face to every person who ever respected and followed the laws of the United States by emigrating to this country legally.

The United States of America welcomes more legal immigrants every year than all other countries in the world combined. There are legal avenues of immigration to this country and any person who wishes to come here needs to follow them.

You and those of your ilk are the ones who insist on making this a racial issue. It is not a racial issue. It is an issue of law and whether or not any sovereign country has the duty and the right, to secure its borders and to determine who is allowed to come into the country.

The hate and the blame game is coming from the pro-illegal alien camp. You are the ones who insist that the face of illegal immigration must be strictly from south of the border and in your haste to point the finger of racism at any and all who disagree with your agenda, never even realize that the only ethnocentrism, hatred, and racial inflammation in this debate is your own.
Thank you! The level of denial and hypocrisy is astounding.

Old 05-03-2010, 07:01 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,686,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Perhaps you can explain how opposition to illegal immigration, in and of itself, equates to ethnocentrism, nationalism, and racism. Do you even know why you are spewing these baseless accusations; or, are you as so many others, simply following script?

While you’re at it, perhaps you will also explain why it is a moral imperative for the citizens of this country to share benefits, services, and resources with people who are here illegally. Otherwise, according to you, we are narcissists.

If you would be so kind, please also enlighten us to exactly what we should be “responsible” for, and why we should change.

I challenge you to clearly delineate the inherent correlation between opposition to illegal immigration and each and every bolded accusation in your post. Explain to us why it is impossible to oppose illegal immigration without also being hate-filled, fear mongering, bigoted, anti-Mexican narcissists.

If you decline my challenge, you need to cease and desist all attempts to vilify opponents of illegal immigration. Because, you will have proven to all, that you have absolutely nothing substantive to support your noxious rants. Take your time.
She shoots...

She SCORES!

Old 05-03-2010, 07:24 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,144,640 times
Quote:

Clap, clap, clap. I have my bowl of popcorn ready. Let the show begin.

Old 05-03-2010, 09:47 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,690,207 times
Quote:
Agreed. The incessant reference to Nazi Germany is disgraceful. No one in this country is being branded, rounded up and shipped to concentration camps, starved, and gassed. It is an affront to all who suffered or died during the Holocaust. It is also a glaring indication of extreme desperation. It really needs to stop.
One time when I was in Chihuahua, I got to talking with this guy who told me that he jumped a train and went up to Wisconsin -- I assume he went there illegally. He said he wanted to see what it was like in the USA. He thought Wisconsin was beautiful, he said the farms were wonderful, and very green. He thought the people were friendly but he realized that he would never truly be happy away from Mexico.

So he went back home. Now that hardly sounds like Mexico is some horrendous Nazi concentration camp.

Far from it - it's a beautiful country with friendly and good people. Although it's got some problems lately - many I think because so many of it's people don't care enough to stay and work to improve it but want to simply abandon it.

Old 05-03-2010, 09:53 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,690,207 times
It wouldn't surprise me if more illegals are like this guy than like the rabble rousers marching around and protesting loudly.

A lot of the illegals came because it was easy to come and they like the money - but many of them figure they're going back home some day.

Sure, they'll stay as long as they can, the money and the work is easier here but they don't hate their own country too much. When they have to go home, they'll just shrug and go on home - and it won't be a very big deal.

Not only that, I know some illegals who have self-deported. They just got homesick and went back to their families, their wives, their children and friends. One guy who used to live down the street didn't even say good bye to his girlfriend here, he called up a couple people and basically said "I'm out of here, I'm going home" and he's back with his wife and their child and the rest of his kin folk.

Old 05-04-2010, 01:41 AM

4,028 posts, read 6,222,183 times
Quote:

Sorry, dementor, I wont humor your agenda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Most of the illegals in Arizona come from Mexico and you're really off base to say Mexico is just like a Nazi concentration camp. It's far from that.

That's not only extreme drama queen crap, but you are insulting a beautiful country.

Old 05-04-2010, 01:46 AM

111 posts, read 112,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute
Most of the illegals in Arizona come from Mexico and you're really off base to say Mexico is just like a Nazi concentration camp. It's far from that.

That's not only extreme drama queen crap, but you are insulting a beautiful country.
You're really sending mixed messages.. from what I've read at least
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration