U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 05-03-2010, 11:54 AM
 
Location: Phoenix
5,360 posts, read 7,036,729 times
Reputation: 3966

Advertisements

Undocumented immigrant says SB 1070 'needed to happen' - Phoenix Arizona news, breaking news, local news, weather radar, traffic from ABC15 News | ABC15.com

 
Old 05-03-2010, 12:18 PM
 
Location: San Diego
32,724 posts, read 29,939,003 times
Reputation: 17610
Straight from one of them that is here Illegally. It blows the argument out of the water that they don't know they are doing something illegal, they do. At least this guy is honest with himself about the situation.
 
Old 05-03-2010, 12:45 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,791,136 times
Reputation: 3028
At least he is willing to accept responsibility for his actions. When you’re wrong, you’re wrong.
 
Old 05-03-2010, 01:22 PM
 
313 posts, read 294,763 times
Reputation: 44
And yet I doubt you'll agree with this part. Few of you actually read your articles.

Quote:
"When this first happened, the whole thing started to get bigger and bigger, and I thought, well, here we go," said Luis. "This is what needed to happen for people to say, we do have a problem here."

Luis said the problem isn't the hardworking people who come the United States for better lives, but those who come here to commit crimes after crossing the border.

He and his wife, who is also undocumented, said they have tried to go through the process of establishing residency multiple times, but have been told by lawyers they don't have much of a chance, and that they can expect deportation letters.

Luis said he loves the United States more than his home country because he has been here for so long, but that he and his wife have faced hurdles in their progress.

His wife lost at least one job when her employer found out about her status, and they both hoped to continue their educations but were unable to.
On that I agree with him, at least. BUt these are the people you guys are stubborn about trying to empathize with.
 
Old 05-03-2010, 01:31 PM
 
Location: Phoenix
5,360 posts, read 7,036,729 times
Reputation: 3966
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpayaso View Post
And yet I doubt you'll agree with this part. Few of you actually read your articles.



On that I agree with him, at least. BUt these are the people you guys are stubborn about trying to empathize with.
Please spread your hate somewhere else. I was the one who posted the article, so of course I read it. I empathize with him and the fact that many hard-working people want to have a better life. Those types of people do not only exist in Mexico though. Do you empathize with the many hard-working people who wish to enter the U.S. legally from so many other countries, yet have to wait in line?

It is becoming quite apparent that you have no regard for the law unless it suits your needs or interests. Screw everybody else?
 
Old 05-03-2010, 01:36 PM
 
Location: Chicagoland
4,028 posts, read 6,215,399 times
Reputation: 1305
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Please spread your hate somewhere else. I was the one who posted the article, so of course I read it. I empathize with him and the fact that many hard-working people want to have a better life. Those types of people do not only exist in Mexico though. Do you empathize with the many hard-working people who wish to enter the U.S. legally from so many other countries, yet have to wait in line?

It is becoming quite apparent that you have no regard for the law unless it suits your needs or interests. Screw everybody else?
You're the only one hating here. They were kindly pointing out that you didn't look past the title.

You don't have the ground to say that with this bill in place, and after all of the Repugs that call Liberals Communists and Socialists, you say "Screw everybody else?" Clearly that's not the case. You can do one of two things, not call Liberals Communists or Socialists (even though you are wrong) or not make said statement.
 
Old 05-03-2010, 01:45 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,791,136 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpayaso View Post
And yet I doubt you'll agree with this part. Few of you actually read your articles.



On that I agree with him, at least. BUt these are the people you guys are stubborn about trying to empathize with.
No, I read the entire article. However, the fact that illegals work hard and/or enjoy their lives in this country does not change the fact that they are here in violation of the law. Neither hard work, nor a love for this country, is a mitigating circumstance.

I am sure there are many citizens who engage in criminal behavior to support their families; and, most likely, many are otherwise “nice” folks. However, we have laws, and there are consequences for violators. This man realizes he is living outside the law, and is willing to accept the consequences. I do commend him for that.
 
Old 05-03-2010, 01:45 PM
 
Location: Phoenix
5,360 posts, read 7,036,729 times
Reputation: 3966
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
You're the only one hating here. They were kindly pointing out that you didn't look past the title.

You don't have the ground to say that with this bill in place, and after all of the Repugs that call Liberals Communists and Socialists, you say "Screw everybody else?" Clearly that's not the case. You can do one of two things, not call Liberals Communists or Socialists (even though you are wrong) or not make said statement.
I POSTED the article. Of course I read it. In addition, I never stated I was a Republican. Where did you come up with that? I think you are politically profiling me. I think I might sue...

Last edited by AZLiam; 05-03-2010 at 02:14 PM..
 
Old 05-03-2010, 01:49 PM
 
Location: Houston, TX
948 posts, read 752,313 times
Reputation: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
The Holocaust was good too because someone said it was:

BelchSpeak » Post Topic » James Ray Believes Jewish Holocaust Was a Good Thing

9/11 was good too because Jerry Falwell said it was.
Amazing, simply amazing.
 
Old 05-03-2010, 02:05 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,791,136 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGL1 View Post
Amazing, simply amazing.
Agreed. The incessant reference to Nazi Germany is disgraceful. No one in this country is being branded, rounded up and shipped to concentration camps, starved, and gassed. It is an affront to all who suffered or died during the Holocaust. It is also a glaring indication of extreme desperation. It really needs to stop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:42 PM.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top