U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 03:19 PM

786 posts, read 4,230,713 times

Advertisements

Most people who are against Illegal Aliens in our country believe that we can get rid of many of them by attrition. If the government makes it nearly impossible for an illegal alien to work in our country, then the illegals will just go back to their old country out of frustration. While I do not like all the illegals running around the country using fake ID and breaking all the laws, I wonder if smoking them out and expecting them to leave in frustration is a viable option.

Seriously, do you think it practical to think that if the government made it nearly impossible for the illegal aliens to work, would they (the illegals):

Go back to their old country

Get desparate and turn to even more off the books work like day labors

Riot and cause more crime

In other words what would happen if the government made it nearly impossible for illegals to work without giving them amnesty?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2007, 03:26 PM

90 posts, read 240,083 times
Some of all of the above would happen.......some would go back, some would work at work a day, and others would riot and cause more crime.

Old 06-12-2007, 04:28 PM

398 posts, read 1,265,908 times
It is an option...but not the best one. At this point, IT IS TOO LATE. We need a radical action to get back on track. And that action is what 90% of Americans demand. UNCONDITIONAL MASS DEPORTATION. The only problem we have to do that, is politicians. Everything else is ready.

Old 06-12-2007, 04:54 PM

233 posts, read 390,000 times
Talking Catch the employers

I think catching the employers ALL of them no matter if they are large or small companies and hitting them with major fines (and NO reduction of them) would do the trick, even the ones who hire the day laborers. Next up fine the landlords who rent to them. As their money dries up you will have those who would resort to crime but immediate deportation with no court case should handle them too...............you get caught you forfit everything you have here and are back in your own country within 24 hours, along with your whole family and since we have taken everything you have accumulated while you were here you have NOTHING left to try and come back to pack.....it's GONE buddy. Every child in a public school that is supported by the American taxpayer has to have their parent come in and prove the parents are here legally.........not here legally? get the kid (even anchor kids) out of the school system. I know lots of us know family and friends who do hire these people and turning them in is a hard decision but how much are those same people really thinking of you, your children and this country to be doing what they are doing..............put them out of business, it's what they deserve for their actions. If ICE doesn't act on your report call the IRS, they love going after these tax cheats. I have no sympathy for those who are enabling all this mess to continue.

Old 06-12-2007, 05:35 PM

1,833 posts, read 5,756,645 times
I've always said hit employers with a back breaking fine for every illegal, every time they are caught and they'll stop hiring them. Additionally make being an illegal a felony and up the penalty for being here.

Old 06-18-2007, 03:05 AM

1,156 posts, read 1,876,044 times
I wonder if the past deportations by Eisenhower and Hoover caused illegals to riot?

I would think as their money runs out they will be in a condition to be deported more easily.

Old 06-18-2007, 05:25 AM

786 posts, read 4,230,713 times
Default Illegal Aliens will RIOT when jobs dry up

I believe that once the majority of the ILLEGALS find it nearly impossible to work, they will RIOT and CAUSE MORE CRIME, instead of just going home. What do you think?

Old 06-18-2007, 06:53 AM

3,712 posts, read 5,714,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingler View Post
I believe that once the majority of the ILLEGALS find it nearly impossible to work, they will RIOT and CAUSE MORE CRIME, instead of just going home. What do you think?
This is not their country. If they RIOT and CAUSE MORE CRIME they should immediately be deported.

Old 06-18-2007, 09:18 AM

11,425 posts, read 16,672,929 times
Busting the employer is a big key but you have to cut off the benefits, if both of these things were enforced they would have major protests and more Americans would open their eyes and turn agians't them.

Old 06-18-2007, 10:55 AM

1,484 posts, read 3,700,542 times
Default dont let them in

Letting them in illegally (and our government is doing that) is the first step. Without that it is like building a house with a bad foundation.

Once they are in all they need to do is to get some pro activists group beind them to try and get OUR government to change the laws. Which is what they are doing now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or