U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 04:33 PM

1,150 posts, read 991,688 times

Advertisements

<<The problem is when the law says Mexicans only >>

Where in this law does it say "Mexicans only"? If you have blond hair, and blue eyes, and can't produce a valid ID, the officer is going to check further. If it turns out you're an illegal alien from Russia, Sweden, or Germany, guess what! You're going to be turned over to ICE. Due to the proximity of Arizona to the Mexican border, of course more Mexicans are going to be found there, but in other states there are large contingents of Irish, Russians, Middle Easterners, Cubans, Somalis, and others, so more of those ethnicities would come to the attention to law enforcement, and if found to be in the country illegally, turned over to ICE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2010, 04:49 PM

7,046 posts, read 6,174,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
<<The problem is when the law says Mexicans only >>

Where in this law does it say "Mexicans only"? If you have blond hair, and blue eyes, and can't produce a valid ID, the officer is going to check further. If it turns out you're an illegal alien from Russia, Sweden, or Germany, guess what! You're going to be turned over to ICE. Due to the proximity of Arizona to the Mexican border, of course more Mexicans are going to be found there, but in other states there are large contingents of Irish, Russians, Middle Easterners, Cubans, Somalis, and others, so more of those ethnicities would come to the attention to law enforcement, and if found to be in the country illegally, turned over to ICE.
well said but the criminal lovers wont get it. they would rather defend criminals while they scream nazi and other stupid lies

Old 05-04-2010, 04:54 PM

16,116 posts, read 20,163,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yes/no View Post
"As I write, I have my papers on me Ė and not just because Iím in Arizona. Iím an immigrant, and it is a condition of my admission to this great land that I carry documentary proof of my residency status with me at all times and be prepared to produce it to law enforcement officials, whether on a business trip to Tucson or taking a 20-minute stroll in the woods back at my pad in New Hampshire."

Who would impose such an outrageous Nazi fascist discriminatory law?

Er, well, that would be Franklin Roosevelt.

http://www.thebulletin.us/articles/2010/04/30/commentary/op-eds/doc4bdb41995e557176993000.txt (broken link)

WHAT YOU CAN DO TO STOP ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION. YOU can make a difference! START HERE: The Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR): US Immigration Reform & What You Can Do
Oh please F.A.I.R is looking to bankrupt Arizona, and other states dumb enough to adopt their law, with lawsuits against municipalities. If you were concerned you could go over to Dodge City and close that Meat Packing Plant. Jailing Employers is the only answer.

Old 05-04-2010, 05:04 PM

795 posts, read 2,037,832 times
Talking papers please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yes/no View Post
"As I write, I have my papers on me Ė and not just because Iím in Arizona. Iím an immigrant,
Here in the land of the lulu when one is pulled over by the boot wearing BMW rider, it is - drivers license, inspection and insurance papers please. Even them little green "men" from Mars can not troll the H1, H2 or H3 without them }papers please{....

Old 05-04-2010, 06:12 PM

60,394 posts, read 30,672,464 times
It would behoove you to have your ID on you at all times, when in public.

Not just in Arizona, but every state in the nation, if you don't want to be hassled when you cannot produce one when asked by law enforcement.

I know when I was 17, you went directly to jail for driving without having your license on you and you were pulled over. That was 30 years ago. What's changed?

Old 05-04-2010, 06:17 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,156,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Oh please F.A.I.R is looking to bankrupt Arizona, and other states dumb enough to adopt their law, with lawsuits against municipalities. If you were concerned you could go over to Dodge City and close that Meat Packing Plant. Jailing Employers is the only answer.
And just what would FAIR's motive be for that? Jailing the employers is only one of the things that we need to do to rid our country of illegal aliens.

Old 05-04-2010, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
It would behoove you to have your ID on you at all times, when in public.

Not just in Arizona, but every state in the nation, if you don't want to be hassled when you cannot produce one when asked by law enforcement.

I know when I was 17, you went directly to jail for driving without having your license on you and you were pulled over. That was 30 years ago. What's changed?
nothing except a new excuse to call Americans nazi's by a bunch of idiots

Old 05-04-2010, 06:19 PM

5,918 posts, read 6,360,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
I do not have a problem with the police doing random ID checks. It does not bother me a bit. But if they are going to do them, they need to check everybody. Just like they do here when they have a "DUI/Seatbelt Checkpoint" set up on a road. They check every vehicle and every drivers license and license tag that drives through the checkpoint. They don't waive the whites through and pull over all the Mexicans and blacks.
But they do. ANYONE detained for investigation of a crime or infraction must be identified by the officer, no matter their race. There is no exceptions, the officer is not going to let anyone just walk or drive away if they cannot be identified.

Old 05-04-2010, 11:05 PM

16,116 posts, read 20,163,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
And just what would FAIR's motive be for that? Jailing the employers is only one of the things that we need to do to rid our country of illegal aliens.
Two motives
1. They are Lawyers and making money is what they do
2. Their board is made up of believers in Hitlerian Eugenics and Racial Purists who believe America is for Arayans

Old 05-04-2010, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Two motives
1. They are Lawyers and making money is what they do
2. Their board is made up of believers in Hitlerian Eugenics and Racial Purists who believe America is for Arayans
you need help lost all credibility with me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration