Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 08:35 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,313,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by minesbroken View Post
every time I leave the house I have my ID on me, whether I am driving, walking or riding my bike. Law enforcement can ask me for it whenever they like and I will gladly and proudly fork it over.
It just makes sense to carry some form of I.D. with you at all times. If you are injured or worse yet killed how will LE identify you and then notify your family?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2010, 08:35 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow
It would behoove you to have your ID on you at all times, when in public.

Not just in Arizona, but every state in the nation, if you don't want to be hassled when you cannot produce one when asked by law enforcement.

I know when I was 17, you went directly to jail for driving without having your license on you and you were pulled over. That was 30 years ago. What's changed?

nothing except a new excuse to call Americans nazi's by a bunch of idiots

Would you call it a lack of education available, or the lacking desire to be educated?

Or, is it really only the illegals and their anchor babies with offspring for 3 decades, doing all the screaming?

If 70% of Arizonans, and 65% of Americans as a whole, support Arizona's stance, to make a State law that mirrors Federal law, who really is it that are screaming? Americans vs. and invasion. You pick!

You get so many people that are not Americans here, who is left to take pride in America?

Old 05-06-2010, 09:03 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post

I don't have to give ID at the bank unless it's a new cashier; we've had an account there since 1989.

To fly a plane, yes, you need ID.

However, you don't need ID to just be walking out on the streets, or to enter a store, a movie theater, or any other type of public venue.

But you did need an ID when you opened that bank account. I guaranty you needed it for that first year after, too. Like you said, until they got to know you.

Old 05-06-2010, 09:17 AM

457 posts, read 756,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yes/no View Post
"As I write, I have my papers on me –
Me too;

Old 05-06-2010, 03:27 PM

2 posts, read 3,721 times
I was pulled over for failure to use a turn signal Monday of this week. I had just lost my wallet and did not have an I.D. The officer not only ticketed me for the turn signal issue, but also for failure to show "proof of identity". He did find my name, and address in the system in fact. But I could not prove it b/c I did not have a "document" on me. When I appeared at the courthouse with my newly obtained "document" the ticket was voided.

Am I disgruntled over this? No. Was I in the wrong? Definitely! I fail to see a problem with carrying a "document" at all times. They are made to be wallet friendly. Unless you have something to hide, then there is no reason not to carry one.

Old 05-06-2010, 03:56 PM

1,650 posts, read 3,863,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
Logic fail? WTH does that mean...Is this some new kind of saying?

Anyway...What country do you live in...I mean,you going to tell me you dont carry I.D....All the time?
B.S. if you say you dont!

And yes everyday we have to show I.D. for something or other so plz stop the non-sense.

This is just more B.S. double speak....
Oh, but the illegals want to demand the right to be in this country even though illegal=illegal. They want to demand the right to break our laws and leech off our welfare system and take our jobs.

Old 05-06-2010, 03:57 PM

1,650 posts, read 3,863,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by U4IASTRM View Post
I was pulled over for failure to use a turn signal Monday of this week. I had just lost my wallet and did not have an I.D. The officer not only ticketed me for the turn signal issue, but also for failure to show "proof of identity". He did find my name, and address in the system in fact. But I could not prove it b/c I did not have a "document" on me. When I appeared at the courthouse with my newly obtained "document" the ticket was voided.

Am I disgruntled over this? No. Was I in the wrong? Definitely! I fail to see a problem with carrying a "document" at all times. They are made to be wallet friendly. Unless you have something to hide, then there is no reason not to carry one.
I don't see the problem either. Don't break the law, the cops won't be asking for them.

Old 05-06-2010, 06:34 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
My guess is that if you don't have ID, you will say something like " My name is Katiana ______, I live at 1234 _______" they will verify, and you'll be fine, unless you're a smart ass and call them nazis, in which case they might detain you for running your mouth. However, if you don't have ID and you resond with "I am job", then you might be in trouble.
That is different than having to have ID on you at all times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
But you did need an ID when you opened that bank account. I guaranty you needed it for that first year after, too. Like you said, until they got to know you.
So freaking what? You do not seem to understand the difference between needing ID to open a checking account, board a plane, drive a car (and that is not ID, it is proof that you passed the test to drive a car), and needing ID to walk to the park.

Old 05-06-2010, 06:44 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,313,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
That is different than having to have ID on you at all times.

So freaking what? You do not seem to understand the difference between needing ID to open a checking account, board a plane, drive a car (and that is not ID, it is proof that you passed the test to drive a car), and needing ID to walk to the park.
Guess you just glossed over my very sensible reason to always carry I.D. on you in case you are hurt or killed an LE wouldn't have a clue who you are? Why are you being so obstinant about this? What is the big deal? No, it may not be required but it just makes sense to do so.

Old 05-06-2010, 06:47 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Guess you just glossed over my very sensible reason to always carry I.D. on you in case you are hurt or killed an LE wouldn't have a clue who you are? Why are you being so obstinant about this? What is the big deal? No, it may not be required but it just makes sense to do so.
Well, in point of fact I do carry ID with me most all the time, for that very reason. Someone I knew was killed on a bike ride and had no ID on him. It wasn't until he didn't come home that anyone went looking for him. But your final point is the one I'm trying to make: it is not required! Even today, I go walking with my friend w/o any ID on me.

Last edited by Katarina Witt; 05-06-2010 at 06:58 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration