U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 08:58 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,703,406 times

Advertisements

What is the first thought that comes to your mind when you see the photo from Saturday's L.A. march below?

Personally, I was appalled. This photo degrades, demeans, and minimizes not only the six million plus Jewish people who were massacred at the hands of the Nazis, but those brave American soldiers who gave their lives to stop the slaughter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2010, 09:05 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,844,279 times
Iím with you. Itís appalling. If they actually had a just cause, they wouldnít need to hijack the former plights of other groups. It would stand on its own merit.

Old 05-03-2010, 09:39 PM

706 posts, read 797,715 times
Well, after seeing the attempt to hijack the 60's civil rights movement, it is no surprise to see the next feeble attempt to liken thir "struggle" to Jews, who actually had to deal with real nazi's, not media/ special intrest created ones.

Of course,neither Jews,Nor Blacks were illegal, so their attempts remain pathetic

JMO, of course...

Old 05-03-2010, 09:45 PM

4,101 posts, read 5,917,762 times
Default Illegal immigration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
What is the first thought that comes to your mind when you see the photo from Saturday's L.A. march below?

Personally, I was appalled. This photo degrades, demeans, and minimizes not only the six million plus Jewish people who were massacred at the hands of the Nazis, but those brave American soldiers who gave their lives to stop the slaughter.
My first thought was the Border Patrol needs to get better weapons and put a stop to this foolishness.

Old 05-03-2010, 09:46 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,047,401 times
Unfortunately there a few pathetic morons who think enforcing federal immigration law and the holocaust are comparible. Sickening and pathetic.

Old 05-03-2010, 10:19 PM

515 posts, read 607,326 times
My first thought: How dare these criminal invaders use such repugnant rhetoric!

Second thought: Why aren't Jewish groups, political or not, loudly condemning this hijacking of their tragedy?

Old 05-03-2010, 11:08 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,877,424 times
Yes this is sickening.

In part because these people care so much about the money and handouts here, they'll insist their own country is a hell on earth which is far from the truth.

These arrogant morons actually think just by being here illegally, that they are superior to the people of their country who chose to stay home and work there.

Old 05-04-2010, 01:09 AM

2,381 posts, read 4,419,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meemy View Post
My first thought: How dare these criminal invaders use such repugnant rhetoric!

Second thought: Why aren't Jewish groups, political or not, loudly condemning this hijacking of their tragedy?
I believe the statement is correct. It is not saying "llegal immigrants" but whole Latino population will be subjected to the same harassement. So, "Latinos" whether legal or not, would be correct. Also, it is not saying that this ordeal equates to the six million jews that died in the Holocaust. No where does it say "Jewish Holocaust". It is describing the level of discrimination...how jews were asked to present "papers". Desmond Tutu and the profesor at Cleveland University state that this is how major conflicts begin.

Seth MacFarlane

Quote:
"It's too much. It's kind of a slap in the face, it's not the way to handle it," MacFarlane told Reuters.
He added: "Nobody but the Nazis ever asked anybody for their papers. Walking down the street, a cop can come up to you and say 'May I see your papers?' - I think they should be required to ask that question in German if the law sticks around."
MacFarlane continued: "When I read that, I said, 'Wow, that's more shocking and egregious than anything we've ever done on the show, and it's a law'."
Showbiz - News - Seth MacFarlane slams immigration law - Digital Spy

David Leopold, son of the Holocaust survivor

Quote:
"I don't make these comparisons lightly," he said last week. "This Arizona law is like the Nuremberg laws, which stripped Jews of their rights. This time, the law is aimed at Latinos."
The Grand Canyon State is now a police state: Connie Schultz | - cleveland.com

The Jewish Community

Quote:
The new law has been criticized by an array of Jewish groups, including the Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society, Anti-Defamation League, American Jewish Committee, Simon Wiesenthal Center, National Council of Jewish Women and the Jewish Council for Public Affairs, a public policy umbrella group composed of the synagogue movements, several national groups and local Jewish communities across North America.
Jewish groups unite to oppose Arizona immigration law | j. the Jewish news weekly of Northern California

Desmond Tutu speaking on Apartheid and Latinos in AZ

Quote:
Abominations such as apartheid do not start with an entire population suddenly becoming inhumane. They start here. They start with generalizing unwanted characteristics across an entire segment of a population. They start with trying to solve a problem by asserting superior force over a population. They start with stripping people of rights and dignity - such as the right to be presumed innocent until proven guilty - that you yourself enjoy. Not because it is right, but because you can. And because somehow, you think this is going to solve a problem.

However, when you strip a man or a woman of their basic human rights, you strip them of their dignity in the eyes of their family and their community, and even in their own eyes. An immigrant who is charged with the crime of trespassing for simply being in a community without his papers on him is being told he is committing a crime by simply being. He or she feels degraded and feels they are of less worth than others of a different color skin. These are the seeds of resentment, hostilities and in extreme cases, conflict.
Desmond Tutu: Arizona: The Wrong Answer

Old 05-04-2010, 03:20 AM

111 posts, read 112,679 times
I wasn't appalled. I saw the Che Guevara shirt and said to myself, "Oh, one of those."

The complete irony of it all is that Che Guevara did the same thing as hitler and ordered the massacre of Cubans, much like Hitler did with the Jews.

Old 05-04-2010, 04:13 AM

2,828 posts, read 3,456,762 times
Of course we all know that this law, to show your proof of citizenship, will apply equally to everyone. wink! wink!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration