U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 09:06 PM

256 posts, read 239,006 times

Advertisements

The Government wants Americans in the dark about the issue!

ABC News

Illegal Immigrants Cost U.S. $100 Billion per Year, Conservative Group Says About Illegal Immigration - ABC News

States usually bear the brunt of the burden.

Arizona state treasurer Dean Martin says his state loses between $1.3 billion and $2.5 billion each year on illegal immigrants.

In addition to the fiscal costs of incarcerating and educating illegal immigrants and their families, Arizona also faces a variety of other indirect costs Arizona has higher car insurance rates because of illegal immigrants who cross the border often steal cars that they use to move further into the country. Undocumented workers are also more likely to perpetrate hit-and-run accidents because they are afraid of being deported if they are caught. Not only does this add to car insurance rates, but it also stretches police resources.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2011, 09:13 PM

256 posts, read 239,006 times
Taxpayers cost of illegal immigrants | CentralJersey.com

Thursday, September 22, 2011

The annual costs of illegal immigrants at the federal, state and local level is about $113 billion with $29 billion spent at the federal level and $84 billion spent at the state and local level.

Old 10-01-2011, 06:27 PM

15,756 posts, read 32,484,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obey_The_Laws View Post
Taxpayers cost of illegal immigrants | CentralJersey.com

Thursday, September 22, 2011

The annual costs of illegal immigrants at the federal, state and local level is about $113 billion with $29 billion spent at the federal level and $84 billion spent at the state and local level.
Those are of course the FAIR numbers. They are also pretty much absurd...

A quick check is to see how they handle the legal children of illegal aliens. If included you know they are padding the numbers. Legal children are US citizens and their costs are not chargable to illegal aliens.

Old 10-01-2011, 07:08 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,383,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post

A quick check is to see how they handle the legal children of illegal aliens. If included you know they are padding the numbers. Legal children are US citizens and their costs are not chargable to illegal aliens.

So I guess the alternative is to go to a site where everyone is an "immigrant" and people of opposing views are racist because they are against immigration. Yep, makes sense. If you like that kind of propaganda.

Old 10-01-2011, 07:23 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,287,998 times
Do we really needa Link, to click on, most educated people, know the cost assocaited with illegal immigrants, no rocket scientist needed to figure this out. It is merely a ignorant statement for anyone to suggest, that illegals being in this Country illegally, cost us no money, that is plain
bullcrap.

And the things we provide to them, no other Country would provide to us, if we invaded their Country as illegal Americans, not one Country.

Old 10-01-2011, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
So I guess the alternative is to go to a site where everyone is an "immigrant" and people of opposing views are racist because they are against immigration. Yep, makes sense. If you like that kind of propaganda.
The issue has been worked to death.

The answer comes up when push comes to shove that it is a relatively small cost if any. Only the true believers on either side believe otherwise.

Illegal Immigration should never have been allowed to get to the present level. It should have been shut off in the late 1980s.

It is not now cureable without vast expense and displacement. And even if we spend the money it may not be fully achieveable. And the side effects of the attempt may well be as bad as the initial problem.

My projection remains the same. The worst possible outcome. We will neither remove the illegals nor regularize them. The situation will run on until we exhaust the demographic in Mexico.

The good news is that the Mexican economy is looking up and ours is not doing much so it may happen much earlier. Maybe 5 or 6 years from now the flow may be to Mexico rather than north.

Old 10-01-2011, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Do we really needa Link, to click on, most educated people, know the cost assocaited with illegal immigrants, no rocket scientist needed to figure this out. It is merely a ignorant statement for anyone to suggest, that illegals being in this Country illegally, cost us no money, that is plain
bullcrap.

And the things we provide to them, no other Country would provide to us, if we invaded their Country as illegal Americans, not one Country.
As I said above only true believer on either side believe the cost is significant...

You confirm my view.

Old 10-01-2011, 07:34 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,287,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingInTheDesert View Post
I don't understand why you are belaboring this issue. Lets find some common ground. I have physically, walked through, spent all day in, 95% of the schools in the Southern California desert area. I am aware of a law - (sorry I sleep with my source a fairly high ranking official employed in education in California) so other than that I can't give you a url for sourcing, but this law states that when a transient brings a child into a California school, the school must place them in a classroom immediately. GO ask any school registrar, they don't submit any documentation, they just get placed. No records at all. I happen to know this is true since I was so *&%*(&^% about having to fill out a half inch stack of paperwork to enrol my kids that i walked in the door and told them I was transient and wanted them to give me the same benefit they gave every other person who crossed that border and walked in that door without paperwork and put my kids in a classroom RIGHT NOW. They did. No paperwork.
My personal experience is that I have been in front of over 13,000 students in just this area. They regularly and freely tell me they are not American Citizens and that this (California) is Mexican Territory that Mexicans were tricked out of.
I live in an area the size of a dot on the California map. Most of the schools are 99% Mexican. I speak to the teachers, the registrars, the additional workers on the campuses.
My personal experience is that this area is covered with massive numbers of children, many of whom do not speak English. If they do it is not their first language. I doubt they are legally here without a drop of paperwork. There are to many benefits to be had, too many people available to walk them through the process, too many school officials scared of loosing their jobs if they question them about citizenship or anything else. So, I don't know. It just raises some flags for me. There is an elementary school every three miles or so impacted with Spanish speaking children. Are they here legally? Who knows? A local policeman told me there were probably illegal aliens working for the city. They submit documents used by 15 people that they buy for $1000 and if anyone looks too closely they are labeled and maybe even breaking the law themselves so this would be catagorized as "observed data"
Can you please give me factual data. I know many children that go to Very good schools out here, and not a one of them got in, without filling the proper paperwork. And having to show a birth cirtificate when they start school. And give me cities please, that i am sorry does not sound right, and i know 3 principles and many teachers in O.C. AND R.C. school districts.
What area are you speaking of, because the area i live in, we have none of these problems that you speak of. Sorry but you must be speaking of a area that is not so good, sorry but true.

I will talk to the principles that i personally know, i can tell you for fact, no one person gets into these schools without the proper paper work being filled out, and i do know this.
Can you give me the name of the schools you are speaking of please.

That is not true, i know 5 families that live in our Ca desert, from Victorville, to Bartsow, to Apple Valley and Lucerne Valley. All of their kids did not get in any of those schools without filling paperwork, i know i was with one of them, in lucerne valley the elementary scool there in town. And a birth certificate had to be shown and then a copy made, and i am not lying.
Not going to dispute the other things with you, but as far as children just getting in school, without filling out paperwork, don't buy it.

And i have a son who lives in the Calif desert, with my grandchildren, and they had to fill out paperwork, show a birth cirrtificate, and my grandaughter had to take a pre kindergaten test.

Old 10-01-2011, 07:44 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,383,305 times
Quote:
The issue has been worked to death.

The answer comes up when push comes to shove that it is a relatively small cost if any. Only the true believers on either side believe otherwise.

Illegal Immigration should never have been allowed to get to the present level. It should have been shut off in the late 1980s.

It is not now cureable without vast expense and displacement. And even if we spend the money it may not be fully achieveable. And the side effects of the attempt may well be as bad as the initial problem.

My projection remains the same. The worst possible outcome. We will neither remove the illegals nor regularize them. The situation will run on until we exhaust the demographic in Mexico.

The good news is that the Mexican economy is looking up and ours is not doing much so it may happen much earlier. Maybe 5 or 6 years from now the flow may be to Mexico rather than north.

Yeah, I agree, the Mexican economy is looking better as ours spirals. But then that was the plan all along so I guess it's coming together.
The rest we will just have to agree to disagree about.

If your guy gets back in I think you may be right. But then the country won't be woth much anyway so I will have to look for other ways to try to secure the future of my grandkids.

Old 10-02-2011, 01:10 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Quote:

They certainly are, they wouldn't even exist if it weren't for the illegals coming here to give birth to them here because of the huge benefits in giving birth here.

American citizens tend to be far more responsible in starting families and limiting family size but the illegals come from a culture where having children they cannot afford is the norm. in fact that kind of irresponsibility is the reason many give for coming here illegally in the first place - that is, they cannot feed their children so they came here. Over half of Mexican girls living in the USA have at least one baby, many have 3 or 4 by the time they reach 20 years of age.

The costs of their kids is "chargeable" to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or