U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-02-2011, 01:14 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Reputation: 22158

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Can you please give me factual data. I know many children that go to Very good schools out here, and not a one of them got in, without filling the proper paperwork. And having to show a birth cirtificate when they start school. And give me cities please, that i am sorry does not sound right, and i know 3 principles and many teachers in O.C. AND R.C. school districts.
What area are you speaking of, because the area i live in, we have none of these problems that you speak of. Sorry but you must be speaking of a area that is not so good, sorry but true.

I will talk to the principles that i personally know, i can tell you for fact, no one person gets into these schools without the proper paper work being filled out, and i do know this.
Can you give me the name of the schools you are speaking of please.

That is not true, i know 5 families that live in our Ca desert, from Victorville, to Bartsow, to Apple Valley and Lucerne Valley. All of their kids did not get in any of those schools without filling paperwork, i know i was with one of them, in lucerne valley the elementary scool there in town. And a birth certificate had to be shown and then a copy made, and i am not lying.
Not going to dispute the other things with you, but as far as children just getting in school, without filling out paperwork, don't buy it.

And i have a son who lives in the Calif desert, with my grandchildren, and they had to fill out paperwork, show a birth cirrtificate, and my grandaughter had to take a pre kindergaten test.
Americans have to do all that, illegals do not. The federal government made some law that children here illegally must be allowed to be enrolled in schools and so they aren't required to have the proper paper work. All along the border, Americans must provide proof of residency in a school district but non-residents are allowed to illegally enroll in the school without living in the district.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-02-2011, 06:19 AM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
13,131 posts, read 10,560,296 times
Reputation: 9289
The problem with all the studies and claims is that everything changes. We make exceptions for everybody and then extend the benefits: http://www.ssa.gov/immigration/extension.htm
How many states have recently granted illegal immigrants in-state tuition?

The point I am trying to make is that we will not know the true cost of change for years. I also know that allowing anybody to prosper, while breaking our laws, is wrong and it is equally wrong to penalize honest citizens and legal immigrants for the mistakes of others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2011, 11:40 AM
 
130 posts, read 252,282 times
Reputation: 44
Default Try asking a registrar

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Americans have to do all that, illegals do not. The federal government made some law that children here illegally must be allowed to be enrolled in schools and so they aren't required to have the proper paper work. All along the border, Americans must provide proof of residency in a school district but non-residents are allowed to illegally enroll in the school without living in the district.
It is in Utah as well. I know because I worked in the school system admitting them - that is all I can tell you because jobs are hard to come by and I can't jeopordize mine
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2011, 11:43 AM
 
130 posts, read 252,282 times
Reputation: 44
Default I am sure the principals you know are aware of the law - ask them

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Can you please give me factual data. I know many children that go to Very good schools out here, and not a one of them got in, without filling the proper paperwork. And having to show a birth cirtificate when they start school. And give me cities please, that i am sorry does not sound right, and i know 3 principles and many teachers in O.C. AND R.C. school districts.
What area are you speaking of, because the area i live in, we have none of these problems that you speak of. Sorry but you must be speaking of a area that is not so good, sorry but true.

I will talk to the principles that i personally know, i can tell you for fact, no one person gets into these schools without the proper paper work being filled out, and i do know this.
Can you give me the name of the schools you are speaking of please.

That is not true, i know 5 families that live in our Ca desert, from Victorville, to Bartsow, to Apple Valley and Lucerne Valley. All of their kids did not get in any of those schools without filling paperwork, i know i was with one of them, in lucerne valley the elementary scool there in town. And a birth certificate had to be shown and then a copy made, and i am not lying.
Not going to dispute the other things with you, but as far as children just getting in school, without filling out paperwork, don't buy it.

And i have a son who lives in the Calif desert, with my grandchildren, and they had to fill out paperwork, show a birth cirrtificate, and my grandaughter had to take a pre kindergaten test.
Further, ask any registrar, How many they have let in without paperwork.
None, have denied it to me and I have stood there while they did it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2011, 12:08 PM
 
3,204 posts, read 2,383,008 times
Reputation: 1544
I have been reading in the comments section of some of the articles on line where teachers are saying it is not their job to determine if kids are legal or not. I'm confused by this. When my kids were younger I never did any of the paperwork with the teachers, it was always with the school secretaries. Have things changed or is this part of the new propaganda?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2011, 01:12 PM
 
130 posts, read 252,282 times
Reputation: 44
Default Ill try to get ahold of the exact law

Can you please give me factual data. I know many children that go to Very good schools out here, and not a one of them got in, without filling the proper paperwork. And having to show a birth cirtificate when they start school. And give me cities please, that i am sorry does not sound right, and i know 3 principles and many teachers in O.C. AND R.C. school districts.
What area are you speaking of, because the area i live in, we have none of these problems that you speak of. Sorry but you must be speaking of a area that is not so good, sorry but true.

I will talk to the principles that i personally know, i can tell you for fact, no one person gets into these schools without the proper paper work being filled out, and i do know this.
Can you give me the name of the schools you are speaking of please.

That is not true, i know 5 families that live in our Ca desert, from Victorville, to Bartsow, to Apple Valley and Lucerne Valley. All of their kids did not get in any of those schools without filling paperwork, i know i was with one of them, in lucerne valley the elementary scool there in town. And a birth certificate had to be shown and then a copy made, and i am not lying.
Not going to dispute the other things with you, but as far as children just getting in school, without filling out paperwork, don't buy it.

And i have a son who lives in the Calif desert, with my grandchildren, and they had to fill out paperwork, show a birth cirrtificate, and my grandaughter had to take a pre kindergaten test.[/quote]

I am trying to get a school official to give me the exact law. It will take a day or two. The circumstances I am speaking of are that we were transferred and staying in a hotel. I wanted to get my children into a school that was better than others and hard to get into. I had to show proof of living within the boundaries. I couldn;t find a place to rent with reasonable rent because everyone wanted to be in this particular school. Therefore a school official somewhere up the rank, told me I was technically a transient, I had no permanent address, nor did I know where I was going to be living, therefore I could enter any school in the state of Calif without proof of residency because it is a law they have to admit you.
When I went in with my two kids classes and grades that I had printed off the internet they told me the records were not legal that they had to be faxed from the original school and that I had to make an appointment with a councelor and that would all take at least two days so go home and wait.
I was so friggin frustated as I had spent two years in Utah witness to hundreds of students walking in the door without even any knowledge of their age, schooling or anything else and they were admitted without shot records, birth certificates, school documentation etc.
Back to here in the desert story, when I got angry and pulled all my documentation off the counter and demanded that they by law put my kids in a classroom, they were escorted into the councelors office immediately and in classrooms within an hour.
This is a very brief explanation of what happened. In both Utah and California I had to go back and get more documentation twice. In Utah, the particular district was so impacted they did a sweep requiring current residence proof during the middle of the semester and that same day three students had be admitted in classrooms without even knowing their birthdays - let alone documentation.
So of course everyone you know had to submit documentation - we all do - that is unless you are a transient illegal who acts like they don't understand the registrar -
then you are rolled out the red carpet
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2011, 01:22 PM
 
Location: OCEAN BREEZES AND VIEWS SAN CLEMENTE
19,899 posts, read 15,287,998 times
Reputation: 6451
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Americans have to do all that, illegals do not. The federal government made some law that children here illegally must be allowed to be enrolled in schools and so they aren't required to have the proper paper work. All along the border, Americans must provide proof of residency in a school district but non-residents are allowed to illegally enroll in the school without living in the district.

If this is fact, and something i did not know about, this completely and utterly sucks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2011, 01:27 PM
 
Location: OCEAN BREEZES AND VIEWS SAN CLEMENTE
19,899 posts, read 15,287,998 times
Reputation: 6451
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingInTheDesert View Post
Further, ask any registrar, How many they have let in without paperwork.
None, have denied it to me and I have stood there while they did it.
Not going to be all school districts, sorry but it will not. Areas where there are no illegals, i doubt will have this problem.

I can see how a lot of distriscts will, but i know too many school age children in some very elite schools, there are no well, do not want to seem racist here, but the kids are all white, leave it at that.

The school district where i live, is mostly white children, we have legal mexican american families, born here and so nice, but believe me there are no illegal problems where i live, come up here and visit. It is also very beautiful, the beach is so nice.
I know a few principles at a couple of our schools here, in certain areas, i can see this as a problem, but to say or imply every school district, that is not true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2011, 02:14 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Reputation: 22158
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
If this is fact, and something i did not know about, this completely and utterly sucks.
Yes. And there have been a couple recent articles where illegals were caught riding into Deming on school buses.

They get into the fast lanes at the border that are designated for students coming over to attend schools the taxpayers must provide for them, even though they obviously live outside the school district.

In these student lanes, no visas are verified, the line moves very fast so these kids can make it in time for the free breakfasts at the free US schools. So it's very easy for adults to jump in these lines and even to board the buses if they feel like going to Deming.

The federal government made some law that allows illegals to attend schools in the USA at no charge. Obviously they lack all legitimate documents but are admitted into the school of their choice regardless. Only citizens are required to provide birth certificates, social security numbers, proof of residency and so on. Illegals can just show up and be admitted, no documents required.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2011, 03:06 PM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,009,391 times
Reputation: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Yes. And there have been a couple recent articles where illegals were caught riding into Deming on school buses.

They get into the fast lanes at the border that are designated for students coming over to attend schools the taxpayers must provide for them, even though they obviously live outside the school district.

In these student lanes, no visas are verified, the line moves very fast so these kids can make it in time for the free breakfasts at the free US schools. So it's very easy for adults to jump in these lines and even to board the buses if they feel like going to Deming.

The federal government made some law that allows illegals to attend schools in the USA at no charge. Obviously they lack all legitimate documents but are admitted into the school of their choice regardless. Only citizens are required to provide birth certificates, social security numbers, proof of residency and so on. Illegals can just show up and be admitted, no documents required.
More malamute unreality. The Port of Entry at Columbus is smaller than Santa Teresa, with only Antelope Wells edging it out to be the smallest for the three crossing locations in New Mexico (all three close at night). The pedestrian traffic is light, and there is not a special lane for students.

Information, with links to crossing statistics, are at Welcome to the New Mexico Border Authority

For Deming it would take more than a visa (it is outside the distance range of a Border Crossing Card, and outside the time range of a Tourist Visa). By and large, the schoolchildren are U.S. citizens. Columbus is the only location I have heard of in the United States that picks up children at a Port of Entry with a school bus.

That is "bus", singular. You're not even familiar with the facts of that location to spread your misinformation. I still wonder about your motives when you say you live among illegal aliens (while doing nothing more than participating here) in El Paso.

If you are going to start talking about some federal law for illegal aliens to attend schools in the United States, without requiring any documents, I'm going to need some sourcing...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top