U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 03:52 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,739,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
More malamute unreality. The Port of Entry at Columbus is smaller than Santa Teresa, with only Antelope Wells edging it out to be the smallest for the three crossing locations in New Mexico (all three close at night). The pedestrian traffic is light, and there is not a special lane for students.

Information, with links to crossing statistics, are at Welcome to the New Mexico Border Authority

For Deming it would take more than a visa (it is outside the distance range of a Border Crossing Card, and outside the time range of a Tourist Visa). By and large, the schoolchildren are U.S. citizens. Columbus is the only location I have heard of in the United States that picks up children at a Port of Entry with a school bus.

That is "bus", singular. You're not even familiar with the facts of that location to spread your misinformation. I still wonder about your motives when you say you live among illegal aliens (while doing nothing more than participating here) in El Paso.

If you are going to start talking about some federal law for illegal aliens to attend schools in the United States, without requiring any documents, I'm going to need some sourcing...
Ever been to a school registration day? I have, and there are parents who show up who cannot speak a word of English, often cannot read and write. Since I'm quite fluent in Spanish, I hear what they are told, and I know what the Americans are told. The Americans must bring in birth certificates, social security cards, drivers licenses, and even utility bill statements showing they are residents of the district, and the school is very strict about all that - when it's the American parents and kids.

However they will suggest to the Spanish speaking parent who had none of that to just get a notarized letter from someone claiming to be a landlord and as the kids have no social security numbers or birth certificates and the parent has no drivers license, that's really all they need. Just some notarized letter and if they need, the school will notarize it, so essentially all they need to do is get someone to write them this letter staying they rent to them.

And that I've seen with my own eyes and heard with my own ears. But it makes complete sense since the federal government made that law that the undocumented must be allowed to use the schools.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2011, 04:17 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,014,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Ever been to a school registration day? I have, and there are parents who show up who cannot speak a word of English, often cannot read and write. Since I'm quite fluent in Spanish, I hear what they are told, and I know what the Americans are told. The Americans must bring in birth certificates, social security cards, drivers licenses, and even utility bill statements showing they are residents of the district, and the school is very strict about all that - when it's the American parents and kids.

However they will suggest to the Spanish speaking parent who had none of that to just get a notarized letter from someone claiming to be a landlord and as the kids have no social security numbers or birth certificates and the parent has no drivers license, that's really all they need. Just some notarized letter and if they need, the school will notarize it, so essentially all they need to do is get someone to write them this letter staying they rent to them.

And that I've seen with my own eyes and heard with my own ears. But it makes complete sense since the federal government made that law that the undocumented must be allowed to use the schools.
Fluff, not addressing the earlier statements you made specific to the Columbus PoE (by the inaccuracies, I knew that couldn´t be something you had seen directly). Second time you have referenced a federal law, so some sort of sourcing is necessary. This post also brings up a question of how you are witnessing school registration day.

Of course I´ve been to them, I do have kids...

With your premise that illegal aliens are specifically granted an ability to attend schools in the United States, are you then putting forward the opinion that CBP allows children to come through a Port of Entry (like at Columbus) without documentation in order to do so?...

Old 10-02-2011, 04:24 PM

15,756 posts, read 32,508,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post

Requirements to be a resident to attend a school is a state requirement governed by state law. There is no let out for undocumented aliens. There is a law allowing homeless children to attend school under some narrow circumstances but it has no reference to immigrants legal or illegal.

Old 10-03-2011, 07:53 AM

256 posts, read 239,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Did you even click on the link? It completely debunks many of the false claims being made by the so called "anti-illegal" crowd.
No they don't its pure propaganda.

Old 10-03-2011, 07:55 AM

The illegal aliens shouldn't get past the first law they break and that is entering the country illegally. They should be deported whenever found. Americans should report illegal aliens and people who harbor and hire illegal aliens.

Old 10-03-2011, 08:06 AM

So what are they going to call them now, undocumented immigrants? We will still know they're illegal aliens. What give those people the right to illegally enter our country and change our rules and laws to suit their illegal needs? Those people are ruining and disrupting Americans lives. The illegal aliens are killing America's children and loved ones. It's disgusting that all the liberals can think of is the feelings of the poor illegal aliens and their children. Don't take it America Fight Back!

Old 10-03-2011, 08:53 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,156,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obey_The_Laws View Post
So what are they going to call them now, undocumented immigrants? We will still know they're illegal aliens. What give those people the right to illegally enter our country and change our rules and laws to suit their illegal needs? Those people are ruining and disrupting Americans lives. The illegal aliens are killing America's children and loved ones. It's disgusting that all the liberals can think of is the feelings of the poor illegal aliens and their children. Don't take it America Fight Back!
They are already calling them "undocumented immigrants/workers" or worse yet just plain ole immigrants.

Old 10-03-2011, 10:21 AM

9,243 posts, read 7,102,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obey_The_Laws View Post
I like the term invaders better than undocumented

Old 10-03-2011, 11:09 AM

13,050 posts, read 21,175,320 times
Quote:
It further requires schools to register homeless children even if they lack normally required documents, such as immunization records or proof of residence.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McKinne...Assistance_Act

Quote:
That Act uses the Illinois statute in defining homeless children as “individuals who lack a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence.” The Act then goes on to give examples of children who would fall under this definition:
(a) Children sharing housing due to economic hardship or loss of housing;
(b) Children living in “motels, hotels, trailer parks, or camp grounds due to lack of alternative accommodations”
(c) Children living in “emergency or transitional shelters”
(d) Children “awaiting foster care placement”
(e) Children whose primary nighttime residence is not ordinarily used as a regular sleeping accommodation (e.g. park benches, etc)
(f) Children living in “cars, parks, public spaces, abandoned buildings, substandard housing, bus or train stations…”

Old 10-03-2011, 11:51 AM

5,302 posts, read 4,014,480 times
Another topic that has evolved to not being about illegal immigration...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or