Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 07:30 AM

1,332 posts, read 1,989,631 times

Advertisements

This immigration bill is being pushed by Bush at this moment...Whatever your position is about it...I ask that you fire-off some e-mails to your representatives, the White House and the Republican and Democrat parties leaders...

Let your voices be heard!!!!..And, do it today!!!....It does not take too much effort to find your reps web sites (God help me if these political creeps don't stick their faces anywhere and everywhere)...Anyway,...Let your voice be heard...!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2007, 08:07 AM

348 posts, read 1,021,361 times
I've sent my emails and faxes already this morning. If you don't have access to a fax machine, go to numbers USA.com and fax premade letters for free. Very easy way to help save our country from this horrible bill.

Also, go visit Illegal Immigration VS Americans for Legal Immigration PAC to keep up on this mess!

Old 06-12-2007, 09:01 AM

2,096 posts, read 1,468,601 times
I have been trying to get through to the White House but the phone is busy..

202-456-1111

Old 06-12-2007, 09:23 AM
JD.

199 posts, read 487,751 times
I'm glad to see this post is up. Looks like the 'moral authorities' who know better in Congress didn't get the point and are now trying to bring this bill back from the dead.

Last edited by Hoosier; 06-12-2007 at 06:38 PM..

Old 06-12-2007, 12:02 PM

Hey JD..I'm also a little confused by that number...There is much more info that you could have included...

I understand that that number was originally set up by the pro-immigrant group...And, though it does allow you to express either opinion about the amnesty bill, I understand that McCain and others are using the traffic counts to tell people that the calls into it are pro-amnesty (????).

Do you have further info (JD), or does anyone else???

Again, I did not call the number, I only did a search on the internet and read some articles about it...

I put up this thread without stating my own feelings about this issue - And, in all fairness, I hope that any info put up here will be fully informative and honest about the info presented ...(Though I am not saying that you were being deceptive JD - It's just that there seems to be more information that could be given about this number, so people can use it correctly).

Old 06-12-2007, 12:21 PM

1,211 posts, read 1,495,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
I have been trying to get through to the White House but the phone is busy..

202-456-1111
They don't want to hear the truth.

Old 06-12-2007, 12:39 PM

If it is not already posted, here is the web site for the White House

Contacting the White House

You can e-mail the Prez and Vice Prez...

What the hell...While you're at it, let their wives know that you think of them too...

Old 06-12-2007, 12:41 PM

Exclamation ALERT Mexican Amnesty Activists Have A Direct Line to OUR Senators!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD. View Post
I'm glad to see this post is up. Looks like the 'moral authorities' who know better in Congress didn't get the point and are now trying to bring this bill back from the dead.

The official hotline number for the shamnesty bill: 1-800-417-7666
]

The hotline is paid for by something called the Coalition for Comprehensive Immigration Reform and it’s being blasted to pro-open borders groups all over the country. The hotline gives its callers access to their senators that average Joes don’t have.

Last edited by citigirl; 06-12-2007 at 12:54 PM..

Old 06-12-2007, 12:41 PM

1,787 posts, read 3,849,553 times
I've called it twice, it put me through to the senators office, just like the other number did. I didn't notice any difference. How'd ya like the cheesy propaganda they give ya on the phone? No mention whatsoever that the "immigration reform" is an amnesty bill. bleh

Old 06-12-2007, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chele123 View Post
I've called it twice, it put me through to the senators office, just like the other number did. I didn't notice any difference. How'd ya like the cheesy propaganda they give ya on the phone? No mention whatsoever that the "immigration reform" is an amnesty bill. bleh
When I looked into it further it is paid for by pro-amnestry groups but we can use the number but I WILL BET YOU THAT THE NUMBER OF CALLS TO THIS LINE WILL BE REPORTED AS THOSE FOR AMNESTY ABSENT THE NATURE OF YOUR CALL FOR OR AGAINST..

Last edited by citigirl; 06-12-2007 at 01:54 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration