U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 03:03 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,615,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdencaulfield View Post
I have yet to see a thread by an anti immigrant member slamming the employers. Ok, maybe one or two out of hundreds. Sure, they will respond to this thread by stating they are against the employers, and that will be the end of it and they will go back to slamming the immigrants. They pay lip service and nothing more. Can someone explain to me why
Short answer...VERY short? OK, here goes..."Rage against illegals" is a relatively recent thing. A few decades ago, illegals lived, worked and thrived among us....I knew many of them personally. They drew little attention and little objection....and virtually NO "rage". Illegals at that time were happy to be HERE...happy not to be "back home"....happy to take jobs few Americans wanted...and that was that. They had NO desire to draw attention to themselves.

Today, illegals are NOT happy with 'being here'....are NOT satisfied with 'marginal' employment...are NOT happy with their 'lot'....and see no reason they shouldn't be fully entitled to what "we" have..(the benefits of citizenship). They (or those purporting to represent them) have gone FAR to draw attention to themselves; they've 'thrown down the gauntlet' and turned the whole thing into a challenge.."We're here; we're NOT leavng..and you'll either ACCEPT us, or you'll be sorry". That is a message guaranteed to bring negative attention ("rage") upon ANY group. In addition, there are many millions MORE illegals now, than there were then...that, too, adds to the 'rage'...particularly after several amnesties, each of which was supposed to have 'solved' the problem, once and for all.

The employers, though? Nobody sees them...they live in the shadows. Employers of illegals avoid publicity; they don't have 'defenders' (at least not in the open), and nobody pleads for the cause of 'these poor businessmen'. Those opposed to these unscrupulous businessmen are never called 'racists'...(and the 'race' factor alone accounts for a HUGE part of the "rage against illegals", as well as the "defense of illegals").

Since there's no attempt by the employers to seek publicity or sympathy...since there's no 'race card' involved in their case...they get little attention.

Illegals, on the other hand, have "gone public"...gone after the public's attention ("you're either FOR us, or against us"), and have been quick to play the 'race card'.

That's a quick answer as to why one group gets "attention", while an equally culpable group does not.

Old 05-04-2010, 03:07 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Quote:
Anyone that calls for "closing the border" is anti immigration. How can you have any type of immigration, legal or not, if the border is closed?

Show me 3 threads made by the anti illegal immigrant crowd that slam employers. All I ask is for three. You'd have to go back months.

Nice attempt to derail the post, aint fallin for it. Try again.
Closing the border is just another term for securing it. There will always be legal ports of entry and we are not suggesting otherwise. Legal immigrants don't just come through our borders either. They come by plane and ship also.

Why are you making claims that there haven't numerous remarks made in here about holding the employers accountable by jailing and fining them and even wanting to see them put out of business when you know that isn't true or are you are too lazy to look them up? What do you think e-verify will do? That is another topic that has been covered in here over and over.

How am I derailing anything when it is your actual remarks that I have addressed?

Old 05-04-2010, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Short answer...VERY short? OK, here goes..."Rage against illegals" is a relatively recent thing. A few decades ago, illegals lived, worked and thrived among us....I knew many of them personally. They drew little attention and little objection....and virtually NO "rage". Illegals at that time were happy to be HERE...happy not to be "back home"....happy to take jobs few Americans wanted...and that was that. They had NO desire to draw attention to themselves.

Today, illegals are NOT happy with 'being here'....are NOT satisfied with 'marginal' employment...are NOT happy with their 'lot'....and see no reason they shouldn't be fully entitled to what "we" have..(the benefits of citizenship). They (or those purporting to represent them) have gone FAR to draw attention to themselves; they've 'thrown down the gauntlet' and turned the whole thing into a challenge.."We're here; we're NOT leavng..and you'll either ACCEPT us, or you'll be sorry". That is a message guaranteed to bring negative attention ("rage") upon ANY group. In addition, there are many millions MORE illegals now, than there were then...that, too, adds to the 'rage'...particularly after several amnesties, each of which was supposed to have 'solved' the problem, once and for all.

The employers, though? Nobody sees them...they live in the shadows. Employers of illegals avoid publicity; they don't have 'defenders' (at least not in the open), and nobody pleads for the cause of 'these poor businessmen'. Those opposed to these unscrupulous businessmen are never called 'racists'...(and the 'race' factor alone accounts for a HUGE part of the "rage against illegals", as well as the "defense of illegals").

Since there's no attempt by the employers to seek publicity or sympathy...since there's no 'race card' involved in their case...they get little attention.

Illegals, on the other hand, have "gone public"...gone after the public's attention ("you're either FOR us, or against us"), and have been quick to play the 'race card'.

That's a quick answer as to why one group gets "attention", while an equally culpable group does not.
You have nailed it exactly!

Old 05-04-2010, 10:28 PM

317 posts, read 343,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Why are you making claims that there haven't numerous remarks made in here about holding the employers accountable by jailing and fining them and even wanting to see them put out of business when you know that isn't true or are you are too lazy to look them up?
I think the point of the OP was that none could be found. Instead of calling the OP lazy why don't you provide some evidence? Maybe because there is none. Illegals = brown, employers = white. That is the reason, truth hurts.

Old 05-05-2010, 09:31 AM

2,010 posts, read 2,042,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbiggleswurth View Post
I think the point of the OP was that none could be found. Instead of calling the OP lazy why don't you provide some evidence? Maybe because there is none. Illegals = brown, employers = white. That is the reason, truth hurts.
Several people including myself have provided several example ON THIS THREAD, did you look? You comments are asinine.

Old 05-05-2010, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbiggleswurth View Post
I am not doing his homework for him. Everyone in this forum knows that the guilt on the employer's part has been brought up numerous times. He is the one not being truthful or he hasn't bothered to search it out in this forum. What the heck has the skin color of either the employers or the illegals have to do with this anyway? Are you under the erroneous assumption that only whites own businesses or that all illegal aliens are brown?

Old 05-05-2010, 09:49 AM

1,038 posts, read 1,031,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
Several people including myself have provided several example ON THIS THREAD , did you look? You comments are asinine.
Except I asked you for proof from previous threads. In my post I predicted that many would respond by faux outrage against employers in THIS thread, but will fail to provide previous threads. I was correct. Now you criticize employers after you are called out, but not before. You have created dozens of threads about illegal immigration, yet not one slamming employers. Why? Prove me wrong, post a link to a thread you created slamming employers, just one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I am not doing his homework for him. Everyone in this forum knows that the guilt on the employer's part has been brought up numerous times. He is the one not being truthful or he hasn't bothered to search it out in this forum. What the heck has the skin color of either the employers or the illegals have to do with this anyway? Are you under the erroneous assumption that only whites own businesses or that all illegal aliens are brown?
Perhaps others have slammed employers, but it appears that you haven't done it in the past. I did a thorough search of all the threads you have created, not one slamming employers. I can post a link and a list of all the threads you created. Care to dispute that?

Old 05-05-2010, 09:57 AM

13,050 posts, read 21,163,651 times
Quote:
Except I asked you for proof from previous threads. In my post I predicted that many would respond by faux outrage against employers in THIS thread, but will fail to provide previous threads. I was correct. Now you criticize employers after you are called out, but not before. You have created dozens of threads about illegal immigration, yet not one slamming employers. Why? Prove me wrong, post a link to a thread you created slamming employers, just one.

Perhaps others have slammed employers, but it appears that you haven't done it in the past. I did a thorough search of all the threads you have created, not one slamming employers. Care to dispute that?
Did you miss this post? Or are you just unwilling to acknowledge facts that do not support your preconcieved convictions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Second attempt to invalidate the Employer Sanctions Law failed
Arizona social services will be swamped in 2008 due to employer sanctions law
Delegation of Mexican lawmakers denounces Az employer sanctions law
Fallout from Ariz. employer sanctions law
High court asked to nullify employer (Az) sanctions law

And those are just about the AZ employer sanctions law...here are some others:
Illegal Aliens issue vs Employer issue
Does your employer use E-Verify?
Expose the corporate lobbyists
ICE audits 32 Arizona companies over hiring
Obama Launches Investigation Into Companies That Employ Illegal Immigrants
Watch It! Juan Hernandez Juan Hernandez Joins McCain Staff! Who Is Juan? Credit Card Companies Who Gave Illegals Credit
San Juan Capistrano to help Local Businesses screen out Illegals!!!
ICE serves 180 audit notices to businesses in five states
Businesses: Immigration solution needed Despite economy, workers need easier access
Missouri: Federal judgeApproves Law penalizing businesses that hire illegals

I could post another hundred, but is it really necessary? I think I've made my point.

Old 05-05-2010, 10:05 AM

2,206 posts, read 2,138,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post

And this is why it is WRONG to legalize those who scream for undeserved entitlements. Ridiculous. If you notice for the most part America didn't bother saying much about those few working among us. It hasn't been until they decided to jump ALL of the lines and then demand to be recognized and rewarded for doing so. Can't they see the insanity of this thinking? They need to get out. I have zero respect for those being here illegally and absolute distain for those demanding of anything in this, MY country.

Old 05-05-2010, 10:05 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Quote:

Perhaps others have slammed employers, but it appears that you haven't done it in the past. I did a thorough search of all the threads you have created, not one slamming employers. I can post a link and a list of all the threads you created. Care to dispute that?
Just because you didn’t find a thread entitled, “Employers Of Illegals Are Evil” doesn’t mean they haven’t been slammed within other threads. No one has to prove squat to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or