U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 10:10 AM

1,038 posts, read 1,031,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Second attempt to invalidate the Employer Sanctions Law failed
Arizona social services will be swamped in 2008 due to employer sanctions law
Delegation of Mexican lawmakers denounces Az employer sanctions law
Fallout from Ariz. employer sanctions law
High court asked to nullify employer (Az) sanctions law

And those are just about the AZ employer sanctions law...here are some others:
Illegal Aliens issue vs Employer issue
Does your employer use E-Verify?
Expose the corporate lobbyists
ICE audits 32 Arizona companies over hiring
Obama Launches Investigation Into Companies That Employ Illegal Immigrants
Watch It! Juan Hernandez Juan Hernandez Joins McCain Staff! Who Is Juan? Credit Card Companies Who Gave Illegals Credit
San Juan Capistrano to help Local Businesses screen out Illegals!!!
ICE serves 180 audit notices to businesses in five states
Businesses: Immigration solution needed Despite economy, workers need easier access
Missouri: Federal judgeApproves Law penalizing businesses that hire illegals

I could post another hundred, but is it really necessary? I think I've made my point.
Most of those threads are about legislation proposed for making it difficult for illegal immigrants to get jobs, hardly consider it railing against employers of illegal immigrants. One or two of the threads mentioned do criticize employers, interestingly they get no traction, one has no responses, the other has 4. I also noticed that none of those threads are yours.

Old 05-05-2010, 10:10 AM

19,899 posts, read 15,287,998 times
Absoutely right, cannot go after the little fish, without the big Shark. Go after the immigrants yes, but those who employ these illegals is one big step. How exactly they do this, to make this work, i am not sure, but cannot go after the little fish, without the bigger fish. Take work away from the illegals, and what hapens, you all go to Mexico to work, lol yeah right.

Old 05-05-2010, 10:15 AM

8,649 posts, read 14,870,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdencaulfield View Post
Still have yet to explain to me why employers don't get equal blame.
WeHireAliens.com--Illegal Alien Employer Database brought to you by the FIRE Coalition

Old 05-05-2010, 10:24 AM

13,048 posts, read 21,158,596 times
Quote:
Most of those threads are about legislation proposed for making it difficult for illegal immigrants to get jobs, hardly consider it railing against employers of illegal immigrants. One or two of the threads mentioned do criticize employers, interestingly they get no traction, one has no responses, the other has 4. I also noticed that none of those threads are yours.
Did I say they were?

Obviously this is about trying to attack posters on a personal basis for you - good luck in your witch hunt, I'm done here.

Old 05-05-2010, 11:13 AM

When is pointing out inconsistencies a personal attack? Asking for proof to back up claims is a witch hunt?

Old 05-05-2010, 11:31 AM

Quote:
I have yet to see a thread by an anti immigrant member slamming the employers. Ok, maybe one or two out of hundreds. Sure, they will respond to this thread by stating they are against the employers, and that will be the end of it and they will go back to slamming the immigrants. They pay lip service and nothing more. Can someone explain to me why
Quote:
When is pointing out inconsistencies a personal attack? Asking for proof to back up claims is a witch hunt?
The fact that I didn't start the threads I posted which all proved your OP battle cry to be FALSE is an inconsistency? Because it isn't consistent with your inaccurate convictions?

You didn't ask for proof - you want to discredit the facts because I personally didn't start those threads. You made the same argument to another poster here, when he provided you with contrary evidence.

In your OP which I am quoting here for your convenience, you are stating as fact that none of the posters who oppose illegal immigration (or in your psycho-babble newspeak lingo, "anti-immigrant") have started threads slamming the employers. To which I posted over a dozen. You still won't acknowledge that your presumption was incorrect, you are now demanding that those of us who supply evidence be the OP of the evidence we are presenting.

You can't see the forest for the trees.

Old 05-05-2010, 11:39 AM

Quote:
The fact that I didn't start the threads I posted which all proved your OP battle cry to be FALSE is an inconsistency? Because it isn't consistent with your inaccurate convictions?

You didn't ask for proof - you want to discredit the facts because I personally didn't start those threads. You made the same argument to another poster here, when he provided you with contrary evidence.

In your OP which I am quoting here for your convenience, you are stating as fact that none of the posters who oppose illegal immigration (or in your psycho-babble newspeak lingo, "anti-immigrant") have started threads slamming the employers. To which I posted over a dozen. You still won't acknowledge that your presumption was incorrect, you are now demanding that those of us who supply evidence be the OP of the evidence we are presenting.

You can't see the forest for the trees.
Quote:
I have yet to see a thread by an anti immigrant member slamming the employers. Ok, maybe one or two out of hundreds. Can someone explain to me why
My assertion stands. Virtually all of the threads you submitted do not criticize employers, but merely have links to legislature tightening employment checks. Sorry, not the same. The other poster stated that he himself has made threads, his history proves otherwise. The last bit about the author of the 2 threads was just an observation. Funny how the defenders against the claim don't have any posts indicating otherwise. Not an attack, just an observation.

Old 05-05-2010, 11:44 AM

Quote:
My assertion stands. Virtually all of the threads you submitted do not criticize employers, but merely have links to legislature tightening employment checks. Sorry, not the same. The other poster stated that he himself has made threads, his history proves otherwise. The last bit about the author of the 2 threads was just an observation. Funny how the defenders against the claim don't have any posts indicating otherwise. Not an attack, just an observation.
Virtually all? I stated that the first several were about the employee sanctions law - the others (which outnumbered those from the sanctions law) were not. You just make more and more sweeping comments based on what you've already got in your head. Nice try - if you keep practicing like this, you will never be capable of debate.

peace out

Old 05-05-2010, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Virtually all? I stated that the first several were about the employee sanctions law - the others (which outnumbered those from the sanctions law) were not. You just make more and more sweeping comments based on what you've already got in your head. Nice try - if you keep practicing like this, you will never be capable of debate.

peace out
Let us review the title of the threads you supplied

Quote:
Illegal Aliens issue vs Employer issue

Does your employer use E-Verify?

Expose the corporate lobbyists

San Juan Capistrano to help Local Businesses screen out Illegals!!!
Wow, that's really taking employers to task. Sorry, I see no criticism here.

These other threads appear to be slamming employers, that is until you read the responses

ICE serves 180 audit notices to businesses in five states
"Let the mass self-deportations begin."

Obama Launches Investigation Into Companies That Employ Illegal Immigrants
"This is total BS"

ICE audits 32 Arizona companies over hiring

" Keep it up and may there be lots of happy returns to Mexico, etc."
"good just think more job opening for english speaking folks with real i 9 from the usa."

Missouri: Federal judgeApproves Law penalizing businesses that hire illegals

The only thread I found that actually criticized employers, one thread. I rest my case Watson.

Old 05-05-2010, 01:57 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,042,156 times
Quote:
Except I asked you for proof from previous threads. In my post I predicted that many would respond by faux outrage against employers in THIS thread, but will fail to provide previous threads. I was correct. Now you criticize employers after you are called out, but not before. You have created dozens of threads about illegal immigration, yet not one slamming employers. Why? Prove me wrong, post a link to a thread you created slamming employers, just one.
These were all from PAST THREADS, AS YOU REQUESTED! GEEZ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan

And Mexico's government wants their poor here so that Mexico doesn't have to take care of them. Mexico's government is just as much to blame for the problem as our own. I hope that I get to see the day when Mexico is turned into a successful economy where people want to live. More Mexican nationals need to make a stand for change for that to happen though.

It's a greed issue from both sides. Lowest labor cost + higher prices = maximum profit. The rich get richer, and the rich control politcians. The American people are left to be pissed of with nothing they can do about it, until we're loud enough that the politicians start to listen.

The businesses hiring vast numbers of illegals are the ones paying off politicians to vote against stopping illegal immigration, having them held responsible and punished wouldn't be good politics and would cease their bribe money.

Getting rid of the 14th amendment loophole, cutting social services to illegals, and severely punishing employers caught employing illegals will give them no reason to come here, thus the incentive to stay in their own country.

True, I'm sure some would find a way, but it would cut it down considerably I think. I think in additon to punishing employers we should increase the punishment for falsifying documents. While some will always find a way, there's some pretty basic things we could be doing now to cut it way, way down.

To a point you're right, if we deported everyone today 90% of them would be back within a few months time. If we got rid of sanctuary cities, cut off benefits for illegals, severely punished employers for hiring illegals, and got rid of the 14th amendment loophole, they would all leave by themselves at no cost to us, and they wouldn't come back because there would be nothing here for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or