Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 12:40 PM

1,038 posts, read 1,225,522 times

Advertisements

I have yet to see a thread by an anti immigrant member slamming the employers. Ok, maybe one or two out of hundreds. Sure, they will respond to this thread by stating they are against the employers, and that will be the end of it and they will go back to slamming the immigrants. They pay lip service and nothing more. Can someone explain to me why

Old 05-04-2010, 12:52 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdencaulfield View Post
I have yet to see a thread by an anti immigrant member slamming the employers. Ok, maybe one or two out of hundreds. Sure, they will respond to this thread by stating they are against the employers, and that will be the end of it and they will go back to slamming the immigrants. They pay lip service and nothing more. Can someone explain to me why
Easy enough. Your perception is off.

Employers should be fined to the point where it makes a difference, not a slap on the wrist. But don't try to pull the wool over peoples eyes, the problem starts with the illegals.
Some people think it's okay to steal under the guise that illegals are just trying to make a better life for themselves. Next time someone breaks into a house the thief can use that for an excuse. "But your honor I was stealing the TV to make a better life for myself." Do you think the judge should feel sorry for the person and subsidize him?

Old 05-04-2010, 12:54 PM

1,038 posts, read 1,225,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Easy enough. Your perception is off.

Employers should be fined to the point where it makes a difference, not a slap on the wrist. But don't try to pull the wool over peoples eyes, the problem starts with the illegals.
Some people think it's okay to steal under the guise that illegals are just trying to make a better life for themselves. Next time someone breaks into a house the thief can use that for an excuse. "But your honor I was stealing the TV to make a better life for myself."
Still have yet to explain to me why employers don't get equal blame.

Old 05-04-2010, 01:25 PM

1,213 posts, read 1,632,077 times
Quote:
Easy. The scumbag criminal employers of illegals provide the jobs magnet that lures some of the unwanted uninvited illegal border jumper future democratic voters if amnestied here, but the criminal employers of illegals happen to be citizens who can't be deported. On the other hand, the illegal aliens, who have no right to be here, in providing the not so cheap illegal labor, bring their baggage which has ruined our school system, strained our healthcare, swollen our prisons, added approx 7 million future democratic voter anchors in various stages of welfare from infants to almost 18, as well as the other millions of older anchors who are now democratic voters, and will have to unceremoniously be kicked out of the country regardless of what we do the to scumbag criminal employers of illegals.

Old 05-04-2010, 01:26 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Because Repugs in this country WORSHIP the WEALTHY.....it is SO much easier, and requires no courage whatsoever , to go after the poor and desperate.

The problem starts with the

E M P L O Y E R S

If no jobs were available the illegals would have no reason to come here.

If the CEOs of companies did jail time FOR BREAKING THE LAW...the illegal "problem" would quickly go away.

But their supporters and worshippers are so afraid of them that it won't happen....

Old 05-04-2010, 01:35 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,371,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Because Repugs in this country WORSHIP the WEALTHY.....it is SO much easier, and requires no courage whatsoever , to go after the poor and desperate.

The problem starts with the

E M P L O Y E R S

If no jobs were available the illegals would have no reason to come here.

If the CEOs of companies did jail time FOR BREAKING THE LAW...the illegal "problem" would quickly go away.

But their supporters and worshippers are so afraid of them that it won't happen....
Why don't both of you use the search feature on this forum. EVERY member I know who is against illegal immigration is angry at the employers and the federal government as well. We have suggested the exact things in the above post. Your posts are flat out lies, no one's buying it.

Old 05-04-2010, 01:41 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Actually, most anti illegal alien supporters do slam employers that hire illegals. They boycott establishments and write their representatives. What else is there an individual can do. I have nothing against hiring legal immigrants.

Old 05-04-2010, 01:43 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,973,897 times
Quote:
What are employers supposed to do, then. They are given presumably legit paperwork. Are they supposed to assume they're fake - and be called racist?

Old 05-04-2010, 01:50 PM

1,786 posts, read 3,461,434 times
What we need to do is proceed with the biometric social security cards/identity cards that have been proposed. Then we can ALL carry them. No one has to feel singled out as being discriminated against. When you apply for a job, you currently have to give your SSN and show the card. With this nationwide card being in place, we CAN hold employers of illegals responsible for THEIR part in this illegal activity. Absolutely they should be held accountable. They want lower paid workers, let them apply for worker visa holders.

Full disclosure - I have no idea how much it would be to roll out such a nationwide ID card - so anyone with information on it, I would love to be better educated. Surely, with all the wasteful government spending that goes on, this program would be worth the price tag.

Old 05-04-2010, 01:53 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,431,396 times
Second attempt to invalidate the Employer Sanctions Law failed
Arizona social services will be swamped in 2008 due to employer sanctions law
Delegation of Mexican lawmakers denounces Az employer sanctions law
Fallout from Ariz. employer sanctions law
High court asked to nullify employer (Az) sanctions law

And those are just about the AZ employer sanctions law...here are some others:
Illegal Aliens issue vs Employer issue
Does your employer use E-Verify?
Expose the corporate lobbyists
ICE audits 32 Arizona companies over hiring
Obama Launches Investigation Into Companies That Employ Illegal Immigrants
Watch It! Juan Hernandez Juan Hernandez Joins McCain Staff! Who Is Juan? Credit Card Companies Who Gave Illegals Credit
San Juan Capistrano to help Local Businesses screen out Illegals!!!
ICE serves 180 audit notices to businesses in five states
Businesses: Immigration solution needed Despite economy, workers need easier access
Missouri: Federal judgeApproves Law penalizing businesses that hire illegals

I could post another hundred, but is it really necessary? I think I've made my point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration