Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 07:45 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,305,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
If it is a couple with anchor kids they can do both.........

NEXT
Exactly. LOL And it isn't just that. It's the fact that so many illegal immigrants are here that they are getting dibs on everything: jobs and assistance. I see a lot of threads like this where it seems like people either don't think about what is really happening first or they just don't know what is really going on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2010, 07:47 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,305,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebelt1234 View Post
I have also seen it a lot.
I see it in Wal-Mart. The woman will have her children in the cart with the groceries ... she pulls out the WIC card or EBT (food stamps) to pay. The man in the family comes along behind with the television, DVDs, toys, and shoes and pays with his big wad of cash that he pulls out. Someone can come here, ... do that ... and just get away with it? As a US Citizen who was born and raised here, that sucks to see that. You know who pays for her WIC and EBT card?

Old 05-04-2010, 08:06 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdencaulfield View Post
Which one is it because you can't have it both ways. Either they are coming here to collect welfare and unemployment or they are taking the jobs.

Eh?

Of course you can.

General example:A portion of the illegal immigrant population takes advantage of social services which should be reserved for US citizens and legal immigrants. In the meantime, another portion of the illegal immigrant population works for a level of pay (without benefits) with which no US citizen or legal immigrant could reasonably support themself or their family. The US citizen or legal immigrant, therefore, 'passes' on the job and the illegal immigrants, by default, 'take' the job.

-OR-

Specific example: An illegal immigrant works at a job that pays a wage that cannot sustain an individual and/or family, gets pregnant, goes to the hospital, gives birth, and, because she is uninsured, introduces a cost burden for the medical services rendered that have to be paid by taxpaying US citizens and legal immigrants - at minimal or no cost to her.

That was easy.

[I concede that there are illegal immigrants who do not follow the patterns noted above. They are hardworking and probably would be model citizens if they bothered to immigrate legally or become naturalized. In any event, that is not much of a defense because being 'good' does not absolve them of their initial crime which was to enter the country illegally.]

Old 05-05-2010, 07:44 AM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
I see it in Wal-Mart. The woman will have her children in the cart with the groceries ... she pulls out the WIC card or EBT (food stamps) to pay. The man in the family comes along behind with the television, DVDs, toys, and shoes and pays with his big wad of cash that he pulls out. Someone can come here, ... do that ... and just get away with it? As a US Citizen who was born and raised here, that sucks to see that. You know who pays for her WIC and EBT card?
They will also get in a van bought with cash, that is still registered to the previous owner and drive with no license or registration on roads WE pay for. Gives one a warm, fuzzy feeling eh?

Old 05-05-2010, 07:52 AM

2,205 posts, read 2,536,422 times
Number one, I don't know of anyone that is anti-immigrant as the OP suggests, but I do know of millions who are anti-illegal immigrant and rightly so as they do take Americans jobs as well as fleece our social service systems. Why do you think Americans are so ticked off? If any have any doubts this is not being done, look around at statistics showing how broke this country is and why. All of America can't be wrong.

Old 05-05-2010, 09:27 AM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post

Eh?

Of course you can.

General example:A portion of the illegal immigrant population takes advantage of social services which should be reserved for US citizens and legal immigrants. In the meantime, another portion of the illegal immigrant population works for a level of pay (without benefits) with which no US citizen or legal immigrant could reasonably support themself or their family. The US citizen or legal immigrant, therefore, 'passes' on the job and the illegal immigrants, by default, 'take' the job.

-OR-

Specific example: An illegal immigrant works at a job that pays a wage that cannot sustain an individual and/or family, gets pregnant, goes to the hospital, gives birth, and, because she is uninsured, introduces a cost burden for the medical services rendered that have to be paid by taxpaying US citizens and legal immigrants - at minimal or no cost to her.

That was easy.

[I concede that there are illegal immigrants who do not follow the patterns noted above. They are hardworking and probably would be model citizens if they bothered to immigrate legally or become naturalized. In any event, that is not much of a defense because being 'good' does not absolve them of their initial crime which was to enter the country illegally.]
I think it would be hard to find an Illegal that isn't benefitting from our social service network even if it's from the loophole called the 14th. If they are working someplace it's using stolen documents or a fake ss#.

That negates the whole "honest" thing. If I throw my kid over the fence to a really kick-butt shindig they might be allowed to stay at the party but it's hardly "honest".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration