Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should there be mandatory jail time for employers who hire illegals
Yes, they are just as guilty as the illegals 49 89.09%
No way Jose 6 10.91%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 03:57 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,791,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Should there be mandatory jail time for employers who hire illegals
Absolutely - they're guilty too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2010, 05:22 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,912,825 times
i have a slightly different take on the issue.

as a taxpayer, i am not sure that i want to subsidize their jail time. a better penalty would be the complete forfeiture of their business and let them figure out how they want to support themselves after that.

as for illegal immigrants, they need to be deported back to their country of origin, because i don't want to support them in jail either.

that way we can free up jobs and jail cells.

Old 05-05-2010, 08:14 AM

50,281 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juced View Post
To tell you the truth, I now realize if employers were sanctioned, we wouldn't even need a maximum security border fence that would costs billions of dollars.
I used to think that until I realized they will stay based soley on the social service network primarily education for their kids. That would be a noble cause if I wasn't paying for it.

There is still an underground economy in areas heavily populated by Illegals.

Old 05-05-2010, 08:21 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,856,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbiggleswurth View Post
Yes or no? You pass this law and illegals are outa here in 2 years, Arizona law or not.
First the courts would have to guarantee employers could not be sued by illegals for job discrimination.

Old 05-05-2010, 08:50 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,560,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Because how the heck do they know if they're illegal?
Granted, some employers may not know, because many illegals use “quality†fraudulent documents. However, most employers of illegals do in fact know they are illegal. How could they not, when they are paying them under the table, no taxes, no insurance, etc? We should throw the book at them. Sadly, the government facilitates this mess by refusing to enforce our laws, and refusing to secure our borders. We also need to weed out the crooked politicians who profit from illegal immigration. They should be fined and imprisoned along with unscrupulous employers.

Old 05-05-2010, 09:48 AM

4,425 posts, read 5,152,830 times
100% in favor so far. So let me get this straight. Going after employers seems to be universally supported. I suppose it would be a political no brainer to do so. So the public on both sides of the issue would support this, but absolutely nothing is being done. This is an example of gound-zero corruption unlimited. Who is really in control here? It sure isn't any of us.

Old 05-05-2010, 09:01 PM

111 posts, read 132,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I used to think that until I realized they will stay based soley on the social service network primarily education for their kids. That would be a noble cause if I wasn't paying for it.

There is still an underground economy in areas heavily populated by Illegals.
Our welfare system in the United States is a complete joke as of right now. Abuse is well known, and nothing is done to stop billions of dollars going into the hands of people who do not need it. I'd say reforming the welfare system and sanctioning employers will rid the United States of the illegal immigration system.

Old 05-05-2010, 10:26 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,305,494 times
I'm pretty sure that that would really cut down illegal immigration. LOL CEOs and other business people do NOT like the humility of white-collar crimes or the thought of prison. Haha! That would be awesome.

Old 05-05-2010, 10:28 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
of a truth a whole lota people would go to jail if subcontracting to firms using illegals was outlawed.
every business has outresourced gardening, maintenance and janitor.

Old 05-24-2010, 03:41 PM

5,616 posts, read 15,518,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i have a slightly different take on the issue.

as a taxpayer, i am not sure that i want to subsidize their jail time. a better penalty would be the complete forfeiture of their business and let them figure out how they want to support themselves after that.

as for illegal immigrants, they need to be deported back to their country of origin, because i don't want to support them in jail either.

that way we can free up jobs and jail cells.
again way too much sense!! I love your posts!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration