Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 12:16 AM

4,244 posts, read 8,724,261 times

Advertisements

... after her mother told police "she went down there to learn how to transport illegal immigrants across the border".

Senior at Kempner High School dies during weekend trip to Mexico - 5/04/10 - Houston News - abc13.com

I take it she was opposed to the Arizona's Immigration law
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2010, 12:30 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,033,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usc619 View Post
... after her mother told police "she went down there to learn how to transport illegal immigrants across the border".

Senior at Kempner High School dies during weekend trip to Mexico - 5/04/10 - Houston News - abc13.com

I take it she was opposed to the Arizona law
Most Latinos who are opposed to the AZ law do it because they oppose race profiling. Many of us who have legal families would be very much affected by it. Also, the majority of Latinos are very much in favor of enforcing the border. So your comment really makes no sense.

This student put herself in a dangerous position. Not to mention that it is against the law and sooner or later, she would have been caught. Her mother could have saved her life, by stopping her. There is no excuse.

Old 05-05-2010, 12:31 AM

111 posts, read 132,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usc619 View Post

I take it she was opposed to the Arizona's Immigration law

Someone posted this article earlier. Funny because they said "Americans are dying in Mexico!! Close the borders!!"

Old 05-05-2010, 12:38 AM

4,244 posts, read 8,724,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
Most Latinos who are opposed to the AZ law do it because they oppose race profiling. Many of us who have legal families would be very much affected by it. Also, the majority of Latinos are very much in favor of enforcing the border. So your comment really makes no sense.
No where in my OP did I mention "Latinos"....I take it reading Comprehension isn't your cup of tea?

Old 05-05-2010, 12:48 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,395,537 times
That is putting mildly, ya think she was opposed to this new Arizona immigration law, that is an understatement. I feel sorry for her family, but what a stupid position for this young person to put themselves in, dumb they did not think clearly about the circumstances of what could happen.This young girl has put here self, in a very sticky situation, and if i were the Mom, there is no way i would of let her go, i would of thought of something believe me. Was this really worth her life have been taken.

Old 05-05-2010, 08:10 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,283,536 times
Quote:

This student put herself in a dangerous position. Not to mention that it is against the law and sooner or later, she would have been caught. Her mother could have saved her life, by stopping her. There is no excuse.
But there is no racial profiling allowed in this law so your excuses lack merit.

Old 05-05-2010, 08:19 AM

2,205 posts, read 2,530,297 times
Quote:

I don't believe in Affirmative Action either. For once we agree.

Old 05-05-2010, 08:49 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,521,481 times
Give her the 2010 Darwin award.

What a total fool, did she not realize what kind of people control human trafficking? She really thought she could encroach on some cartel's territory?

She should have stuck with her stripping job.

Old 05-05-2010, 08:57 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,521,481 times
Also the pro-open borders side must have convinced her to ignore the fact that very violent criminals are involved in human trafficking and that it's all only about impoverished and very sweet housekeepers and landscapers wanting the good life in the USA. Her family sounds incredibly stupid because it sounds like they knew she was going to Mexico and getting involved in cartel business.

It sounds like she thought because she was a privileged blond American that she could go do whatever she pleased in some other country and nothing at all could ever happen to her, no matter what kinds of thugs she choose to get involved with.

Old 05-05-2010, 09:14 AM

2,205 posts, read 2,530,297 times
This is another example of the ill-informed who believed to have had a noble cause, allowing peasants and politically oppressed freedom into our country, or else she was just as greedy as other coyotes. Either way, live by the sword, die by the sword. Not lacking compassion but maybe this can be a wake up call to those who feel they are good intentioned in promoting open borders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration