U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 09:14 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,848,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by majesticat View Post
Benicar, I just think that they have been told that they are indispensable over and over by our political elites and others who have a vested interest in keeping the borders open and they just believe it. They want to believe it and they don't know any better. I don't blame them so much for believing it, but I do blame those pushing this BS as they surely know better.

The other thing I've thought is that, even if there turns out to be a shortage of workers in some areas, why couldn't those slots be filled by those waiting to immigrate legally, who show some respect for this country, its laws, its people?

I've just been really disturbed by the attitude of some of these people saying that they are here and aren't going anywhere. Like I've said before, I don't blame someone for wanting a better life. And it must be very tempting to come here by hook or by crook when you live so close to the U.S and you are stuck in a dysfunctional, corrupt country. But this arrogant attitude that once they make it across the border, then they have a "right" to stay here is what really sends me. I don't think this would be tolerated in any other nation and I don't know why it is being tolerated here.
Agreed. We could also use minimum-security prisoners, or welfare recipients. Let them earn their keep.

I know exactly how you feel. In addition to their illegal presence, what really gets my goat is their arrogance, their sense of entitlement, and their total lack of appreciation. Rather than to show at least some semblance of gratitude for the fact that they are here, and that this country has been more than generous, they laugh in our faces, and arrogantly demand more as though we “owe” them something.

You’re right. No other country would tolerate such insolence from foreigners who flagrantly violate their laws. No other country would coddle them, and launch a vicious demonization movement against its citizens for opposing their illegal presence and their parasitic behavior. It’s truly unfathomable.

Last edited by Benicar; 05-05-2010 at 09:27 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2010, 09:18 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,848,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Who the H*** do they think did these jobs before the invasion? Santa Claus? I used to mow lawns and trim trees for cash as a kid.
Oh, don’t you know, we were just a vast wasteland prior to the arrival of illegals. Without illegals, we would all starve to death, because they are the only ones capable of picking crops. Such delusional arrogance would be laughable if it weren’t so sickening.

Old 05-05-2010, 09:22 AM

13,341 posts, read 10,965,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trnsplntfrmNV View Post
My son who is out of work and lives in NV is going there to work. Finally he can get a job.
And if all the illegals in NV were to leave, your son could get work here. If only.......

Old 05-05-2010, 09:26 AM

442 posts, read 815,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
And if all the illegals in NV were to leave, your son could get work here. If only.......
If only

Once it works in AZ and is implemented in NV he'll be back there to work.

Old 05-05-2010, 09:32 AM

5,780 posts, read 6,998,102 times
These pro illegal idiots must all be fools who live in their sub divisions and mcmansions because everyone I know does their own work and doesn't need some company or illegal immigrant to pain their house or tidy up their back yard.

Old 05-05-2010, 09:43 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,897,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
Illegals Are Leaving Arizona. Enjoy Picking Your Own Veggies, Gringo

Guanabee | Illegals Are Leaving Arizona. Enjoy Picking Your Own Veggies, Gringo.
You are assuming that no farm workers are here legally -- and you're wrong.

Old 05-05-2010, 09:45 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,897,540 times
H-2A Visa Agricultural workers < Work Visas < US Visa Now - Highly experienced US immigration lawyers provide legal services in all areas of US immigration law

U.S. employers may petition for skilled or unskilled alien workers to meet temporary or seasonal needs in positions for which qualified U.S. workers are not available. It is important to note that the employer’s need for such services must be temporary. There is currently an annual cap of 66,000 visas for H-2B workers. There is currently no annual cap on visas for H-2A workers.

Old 05-05-2010, 09:55 AM

171 posts, read 184,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xwideopenskyx View Post
The unemployed legal citizens of AZ will be picking the veggies.
Did you hear about Pro's Ranch Markets in Phoenix? They fired 300 illegal employees. Hundreds of people applied for those jobs couple of weeks ago.

What I don't understand is why did they hire 300 illegal in the first place?? Second, why is the all of sudden care that they are there now??

The problem I have is it was all well and dandy with the legal lower class not having a job, but now that the job cut is going up the ladder now it's important for them to be out?? Don't blame the illegal for the problems we have; I blame the business that hired them in the first place. Why are they not getting the blame for all this, why are their names not publicly out there. Just as always - "some" people are always kept under the radar no matter what they mess up and always but the blame on someone else. i blame the rich for being so greedy all these years and now they are forced to WAKE UP!! But, please for once will that take responsiblity for it!!!

Old 05-05-2010, 10:19 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,176,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emcallis View Post
What I don't understand is why did they hire 300 illegal in the first place?? Second, why is the all of sudden care that they are there now??

The problem I have is it was all well and dandy with the legal lower class not having a job, but now that the job cut is going up the ladder now it's important for them to be out?? Don't blame the illegal for the problems we have; I blame the business that hired them in the first place. Why are they not getting the blame for all this, why are their names not publicly out there. Just as always - "some" people are always kept under the radar no matter what they mess up and always but the blame on someone else. i blame the rich for being so greedy all these years and now they are forced to WAKE UP!! But, please for once will that take responsiblity for it!!!
These employer's names when caught have not been kept under the radar. In the past couple of years when raids have occured their names have not been kept secret and they have been punished when there was proof that they knowingly hired illegal aliens. Yes, these employers are guilty but their illegal slave labor are no innocents either.

Old 05-05-2010, 10:24 AM

24,102 posts, read 17,711,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
H-2A Visa Agricultural workers < Work Visas < US Visa Now - Highly experienced US immigration lawyers provide legal services in all areas of US immigration law

U.S. employers may petition for skilled or unskilled alien workers to meet temporary or seasonal needs in positions for which qualified U.S. workers are not available. It is important to note that the employer’s need for such services must be temporary. There is currently an annual cap of 66,000 visas for H-2B workers. There is currently no annual cap on visas for H-2A workers.
that pretty well stamps a big red F A I L on this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration