U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 09:31 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
You are assuming that no farm workers are here legally -- and you're wrong.
Knowing High Springs Gator: he was being sarcastic---------pro illegal immigration he ain't
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2010, 10:17 AM

470 posts, read 388,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Who the H*** do they think did these jobs before the invasion? Santa Claus? I used to mow lawns and trim trees for cash as a kid.
Me too and still do sometimes when I need extra cash and I'm no kid. I enjoy doing landscape work.

Old 05-05-2010, 10:58 AM

2,477 posts, read 2,202,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
Illegals Are Leaving Arizona. Enjoy Picking Your Own Veggies, Gringo

Guanabee | Illegals Are Leaving Arizona. Enjoy Picking Your Own Veggies, Gringo.
Jobs for legals...yaaa

Oh by the way...I hope the states bordering Arizona like all the illegals coming your way HAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Go Arizona!

Old 05-05-2010, 11:13 AM

3,847 posts, read 3,162,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Who the H*** do they think did these jobs before the invasion? Santa Claus? I used to mow lawns and trim trees for cash as a kid.
They seemed to have forgot that fact.There are millions of people around the world that would take those jobs on LEGAL temporary visa's.It doesn't take a brain surgeon to pick veggies.There are Americans willing to do that job for a LEGAL wage.They can always import more stuff in,it would be cheaper than housing and feeding Illegal aliens with no drain on the infrastructure.This is a hollow empty threat.The benefits far outweigh the negatives.Less overcrowded schools,courts,freeways and less Anchor babies,wic,section 8,welfare and all the rest that goes with it.Americans should wash their own cars,mow their own lawns or pay the kid down the street or another American to do it.It's cheaper in the long run than subsidizing the Illegal Horde trough taxes,levies,fees and bond measures for infrastructure to help accomadate the incresed population due to Illegal Aliens.

Old 05-05-2010, 11:15 AM

13,692 posts, read 15,117,815 times
Hey Sheriff Arpaio has a chain gang.

Let's put our prisoners to work we have plenty of them in jails across the nation.

I bet the quality of veggies they select will be miles and away more appetizing to look at.

And we won't have to worry about the ecoli in the spinach.

Old 05-05-2010, 11:31 AM

7,022 posts, read 5,773,713 times
Oh noes! You mean to me that Americans are completely unable to pick their own vegetables and fruit now? They can't mow their own lawns? USA=FAIL.

Old 05-05-2010, 11:59 AM

19,126 posts, read 25,794,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majesticat View Post
My youngest brother (under 16) just found out he was hired to pick strawberries in June. He's happy as he wants to earn his own $$$. There are other American teenagers who applied for and got jobs at the fruit farm for summer also. I don't understand where this attitude comes from that Americans won't work. Maybe in some really affluent areas--I don't know. But around here, everyone works whatever they can find; no job is beneath anyone. Teachers paint houses and do yard work or other odd jobs in the summer to earn extra cash for their families.
My little brother (17 years old) is picking avocados this year as well

He's also doing yardwork for our neighbors for some extra gas money.

So yeah, Americans ARE willing to do these jobs

Old 05-05-2010, 12:25 PM

422 posts, read 1,098,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emcallis View Post
What I don't understand is why did they hire 300 illegal in the first place?? Second, why is the all of sudden care that they are there now??

The problem I have is it was all well and dandy with the legal lower class not having a job, but now that the job cut is going up the ladder now it's important for them to be out?? Don't blame the illegal for the problems we have; I blame the business that hired them in the first place. Why are they not getting the blame for all this, why are their names not publicly out there. Just as always - "some" people are always kept under the radar no matter what they mess up and always but the blame on someone else. i blame the rich for being so greedy all these years and now they are forced to WAKE UP!! But, please for once will that take responsiblity for it!!!
The illegals used fake documents to gain employment at Pro's Ranch Markets. The I-9 verification program identified those individuals during an ICE audit. Don't think one can blame the Market in this case. We had to fill out I-9 verification at my work place recently. We didn't have any illegals.

Old 05-05-2010, 12:27 PM

55,237 posts, read 72,415,357 times
i am not white but i do enjoy picking my own vegetables.
gracias pero no hay que pagar por este consejo.
(thanks but for this advice it is not necessary to pay for such advice).
---moral of the story, cheap labor is not cheap.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 05-05-2010 at 01:03 PM..

Old 05-05-2010, 01:17 PM

1,448 posts, read 2,658,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Knowing High Springs Gator: he was being sarcastic---------pro illegal immigration he ain't

Thanks AB I was just posting the article. I don't agree with the article's author at all. Where I live in Gainesville Fl we get along fine without a illegal work force. You could never fool me Americans are too lazy to do the work illegals do. If anyone doubts what I say please take a trip to Gainesville and see for yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration